PDA

View Full Version : MMETs

CRaSHnBuRN
03-06-2008, 05:01 PM
If you are a soon to graduate MMET or know of one who needs a job, let me know. The company I work for has five positions open right now.

robertf03
03-06-2008, 05:12 PM
doing what? I've got a while before I'm out, but I'm always curious to see what is out there.

CRaSHnBuRN
03-06-2008, 05:35 PM
The majority of these positions will be for what we call a shop planner. Your time is split about 50/50 between the office and the shops. You work as a go between the different aspects of the manufacturing process (customer, project management, engineering, schedulers, sales, machine shop, fabrication, etc). You are in charge of taking care of a project out on the shop floor, from the first pieces of the raw material until the finished product is assembled, tested, and shipped out the door.

If you're someone who likes to sit in front of the computer and design stuff, this job is not for you. If you like being out in the shops watching stuff be built from the ground up, this is more your style. We build offshore oil equipment, and most of these parts are one off, so things are always changing.

As for the facilities, we have a large climate controlled machine shop and assembly bay, six fabrication bays, as well as other support facilities. We also just bought out another company on the ship channel that will greatly increase the size of the products we're capable of building

Doug Krebs
03-06-2008, 05:36 PM
just curious, whats the pay start at?

CRaSHnBuRN
03-06-2008, 06:51 PM
I can't really say because I don't know

TexTJ209
03-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Anything Internship-wise?

CRaSHnBuRN
03-06-2008, 06:53 PM
do you need an internship? If so, do you have a resume ready to go? I'll check with my boss tomorrow if we have any openings available

CRaSHnBuRN
03-06-2008, 07:01 PM
I can't really say because I don't know

I can say this, I had better and worse offers. I took this one because it did not require traveling, it seemed really laid back and I liked the machine shop. I make my own hours, and the dress code is casual. But as far as pay goes, we are comparable to other companies in the area, and I believe we have hired at least one graduating MMET every semester for the last 3 years. And the opportunities to advance are pretty good. I'm going into shop scheduling. The head of project management, one project manager, and the head of the manufacturing department are all A&M MMET grads

CRaSHnBuRN
03-06-2008, 07:08 PM
BTW, if you're interested, but not an MMET, let me know as well. One of our guys was a physics major. Hell, even if you don't have a degree, but have alot of manufacturing/fabrication experience, there may be a position similar to the one described above available

bcolman
03-06-2008, 07:45 PM
i am also interested in an internship, send me your e-mail and i will pass my resume off to you

TexTJ209
03-11-2008, 02:31 AM
do you need an internship? If so, do you have a resume ready to go? I'll check with my boss tomorrow if we have any openings available

Yep, sure do. PM me your email address and I'll forward you a copy. Thanks.

CRaSHnBuRN
03-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Yep, sure do. PM me your email address and I'll forward you a copy. Thanks.

are you going to send me that resume?

TexTJ209
03-12-2008, 05:54 PM
are you going to send me that resume?

Yep, just sent it. Sorry it took so long, been having computer issues.