PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Weekend Poll

DRAGOONRANCH
03-26-2008, 03:53 AM
Let's see what everyone's thoughts are on this. In the other thread, the consenus was that Trees>Katemcy, and the folks that were leaning towards Hot Springs seemed to be recptive to a South Texas trip.

Shaggy
03-26-2008, 05:36 PM
can you enlighten me on when memorial weekend is exactly

robertf03
03-26-2008, 05:37 PM
It's the Saturday and Sunday before Memorial day

Shaggy
03-26-2008, 05:59 PM
thanks

Shaggy
03-26-2008, 06:01 PM
may 24-25.... make me look things up myself

CRaSHnBuRN
03-26-2008, 06:09 PM
With gas prices what they are, I don't think I could afford Hot Springs. We're going to be at katemcy in three weeks anyway, so my vote is Tree's. The thing I really like about it is that most of the trails are tree covered, which means it will be alot cooler

AggieTJ2007
03-26-2008, 06:53 PM
I thought the same thing today

agjohn02
03-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Hot Springs has good shade too.

AggieTJ2007
03-26-2008, 09:36 PM
is everyone that is voting people that intend on going>

JeepPhisherman
03-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Yes.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-27-2008, 02:42 PM
I am going to call and see if the bunkhouse at trees is still available for that weekend. Who all would want in on it?

Shaggy
03-27-2008, 05:38 PM
would have to convince the ol'lady but i want to and can get off for it

CRaSHnBuRN
03-27-2008, 05:51 PM
I am going to call and see if the bunkhouse at trees is still available for that weekend. Who all would want in on it?

if you could get the small one, I would say go for it, but since that weekend is the Texas Twister event I really doubt either one is going to be open. The reason I say go for the small one is I doubt we could fill the big one, and thats the one everyone else will also be using for the restroom and showers

DRAGOONRANCH
03-27-2008, 06:14 PM
I left a message about it and will see if they get back with me when I get back to the office in the morning

BMFScout
03-28-2008, 12:18 AM
I didn't see "fawk off at the lake in Mizzou" as an option?

DRAGOONRANCH
03-28-2008, 01:00 AM
If you don't want to come drink beer with me this weekend, please take your drivel elsewhere....

:flipoff2:

JeepPhisherman
03-28-2008, 07:02 AM
if you could get the small one, I would say go for it, but since that weekend is the Texas Twister event I really doubt either one is going to be open. The reason I say go for the small one is I doubt we could fill the big one, and thats the one everyone else will also be using for the restroom and showers

The small one had more beds than the main house.

JeepPhisherman
03-28-2008, 07:03 AM
And I take my vote back, I've got another trip planned for Trees, so I'd rather do Hot Springs.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-30-2008, 10:25 AM
BOOOO! You are looking at a 1000 mile round trip versus 400.

BroncoJo
03-30-2008, 10:53 AM
I like the idea of not a 1000 mile round trip.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-30-2008, 10:56 AM
:gigem:

CRaSHnBuRN
04-13-2008, 01:55 PM
So judging from the poll, it looks like we are going to Tree's ranch? Has anyone sent in their registration? I don't see anything about there being a limit on the number of rigs allowed, but I've heard the Texas Twister event can be pretty big, so I was wondering if we have to worry about there being no slots available if we wait to long

redcagepatrol
04-13-2008, 10:47 PM
I voted Tree's Ranch because it was cool, but we can't go. Lynda's sister is getting re-married and we're in the wedding:rolleyes:

This sucks,

This really brings the big suck:mad:

DRAGOONRANCH
04-13-2008, 11:42 PM
So judging from the poll, it looks like we are going to Tree's ranch? Has anyone sent in their registration? I don't see anything about there being a limit on the number of rigs allowed, but I've heard the Texas Twister event can be pretty big, so I was wondering if we have to worry about there being no slots available if we wait to long

I will call in the morning to see what the dealy-o is.

I voted Tree's Ranch because it was cool, but we can't go. Lynda's sister is getting re-married and we're in the wedding:rolleyes:

This sucks,

This really brings the big suck:mad:

What would 'a theoretical club of web-wheelers' have to to do get 'a theoretical club members s-i-l' to call off 'a theoretical wedding'???:p

JeepPhisherman
04-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Who gets married on Memorial Day weekend? That's like having a bar mizvah on Christmas day.

redcagepatrol
04-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Who gets married on Memorial Day weekend? That's like having a bar mizvah on Christmas day.

don't remind me...

BMFScout
04-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Tell her you'll catch the next one! :eek:

jerryg79
04-14-2008, 12:12 PM

yeah for real!......krebs;)

CRaSHnBuRN
04-18-2008, 07:19 AM
I will call in the morning to see what the dealy-o is.

did you ever call?

DRAGOONRANCH
04-18-2008, 08:44 AM

did you ever call?

Ok, here is the dealy-y0...

They will 'cut-off' registration on the 19th (of May) due to having to get the caterer's a good count for the weekend. There is not a limit on the number of rigs. That being said, they are not going to close the gates to anyone that just shows up ( I don't think there will be but a few in the club who won't know until the last minute if they will make it), but the 19th is the Monday before the event so that should give everyone enough time to figure out if they are going to be able to make it. He said also that if you will atleast call him and give him your name and passengers name by the 16th of May that he will pencil you in and you can pay when you get there. They seem to be real accomodating, so just give them a call if you are going to need special arrangements.

I did not ask about the bunk houses as I kinda miss campin, and the weather that time of year should be pretty good...

FJAggie07
04-18-2008, 08:51 AM
This will give me two weeks when I get back from my honeymoon to get the exhaust, lift and steering done on the runner..... I should be there!

JeepPhisherman
04-18-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm out. No where to finish the 4Runner, so I'll be on the lake instead.

DRAGOONRANCH
04-20-2008, 12:43 AM
I forgot to add about the late registration...

Ok, here is the dealy-y0...

They will 'cut-off' registration on the 19th (of May) due to having to get the caterer's a good count for the weekend. There is not a limit on the number of rigs. That being said, they are not going to close the gates to anyone that just shows up ( I don't think there will be but a few in the club who won't know until the last minute if they will make it), but the 19th is the Monday before the event so that should give everyone enough time to figure out if they are going to be able to make it. He said also that if you will atleast call him and give him your name and passengers name by the 16th of May (which is also the deadline for early registration as it goes up by 30 bucks a rig after that) that he will pencil you in and you can pay when you get there. They seem to be real accomodating, so just give them a call if you are going to need special arrangements.

I did not ask about the bunk houses as I kinda miss campin, and the weather that time of year should be pretty good...

DRAGOONRANCH
04-20-2008, 12:46 AM
I'm out. No where to finish the 4Runner, so I'll be on the lake instead.

BIG ASS BOOOOOOOO

DRAGOONRANCH
04-20-2008, 02:36 AM
I was testing out the Adobe .pdf creator with Trees registration form and added fields in it so people could fill them in on the computer, would anyone with reader want to test it out for me?

DRAGOONRANCH
04-20-2008, 02:48 AM
aw crap, nevermind, i forgot you cant save the text you type in with Reader, you can only print it out.

JeepPhisherman
04-21-2008, 06:57 AM
BIG ASS BOOOOOOOO

I found a couple of promising prospects on the housing front with nice garages, so I might be back in the game before July.

CRaSHnBuRN
04-23-2008, 12:40 PM
so memorial day falls on monday, right? Are they going to allow people to stay overnight sunday, or do we have to leave before then? This link doesn't really say http://www.treesranchoffroad.com/texastwister.htm

edit: I just went to event schedule page and it looks like the park will be open May 22-26 (thursday through monday). So is anyone thinking of going up there earlier? I may try to head up early friday morning and leave monday around lunch

AggieTJ2007
04-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Ed and I will be there as soon as possible I believe

JB
04-23-2008, 08:04 PM
i am still tentative. I have never been there before though.

bcolman
04-23-2008, 08:11 PM
ill be there as early Friday as i can depending on work

CRaSHnBuRN
04-23-2008, 08:29 PM
i am still tentative. I have never been there before though.

I'm still tentative as well at this time. I really want to go, but it will depend if my new set of mods/repairs have helped my brake situation any (should know this weekend) and how much cash I get from the stimilus thing the goverment is giving out

oh yeah, if I do go I most likely will have a seat open up there and on the trail unless my girlfriend changes her plans to go back home for any reason

Reckless
04-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Itll be late friday before i get there, if hell doesnt break loose at work. Gotta love the oilfield.

DRAGOONRANCH
04-24-2008, 05:00 AM
Ed and I will be there as soon as possible I believe

ROGER THAT!!!!!

I am sure we will be putting the longfields to the test early on. :D

DRAGOONRANCH
04-24-2008, 05:03 AM
Itll be late friday before i get there, if hell doesnt break loose at work. Gotta love the oilfield.

They will be pumpin that oil long after we are dead and burried, get yo ass out there so you can crinkle up some more body panels (I won't cringe when I see'em this time though) :gigem:

davido
05-21-2008, 11:12 PM
I didn't see Port A on the list. Oh well. :)