PDA

View Full Version : Project: Miss 'Pane

JeepPhisherman
03-30-2008, 12:20 AM
I've been meaning to sit down and recollect every thing I've been working on for the past few weeks, but I haven't had much time, so this is better than nothing.

Starting platform is a 1984 Toyota 4Runner SR5. I bought it from a Navy EOD who was about to be shipped back out and was home for a few weeks to clear up some business. He didn't want it sitting at his father's place up in Jonestown for another year, so we struck a deal.

Stopped by U-haul on my way home from the office the next day and drove up to Jonestown to pick it up.

JeepPhisherman
03-30-2008, 12:30 AM
I bought it on a whim, like most of my big purchases... So I didn't have a chance to really tear into it before buying it. Turned out to be a decent purchase, but there was definitely some booty-fab and short cuts taken.

The EOD only owned it for about a year and never really drove, except around Lake Travis. The guy before him was a local mechanic that used it for "muddin'", and the under-body showed it. I spent the first couple of weeks not really working on it, just tearing out what was left of the carpeting and interior.

It was pretty much gutted already, but I pulled the rest of the interior panels, cleaned up the dash, yanked the front and rear seats/belts out, pulled out the speakers, and emptied the truck of all the spares and fluids hidden in the various nooks.

(And the upload isn't working right now, so that's all for tonight.)

DRAGOONRANCH
03-30-2008, 03:16 AM
If he was EOD, be careful, there is liable to be trip wires hid all over it. :D

Nice ride though, glad to see you got a rig to really wheel now. :gigem:

JeepPhisherman
03-30-2008, 09:55 AM
If he was EOD, be careful, there is liable to be trip wires hid all over it. :D

Nice ride though, glad to see you got a rig to really wheel now. :gigem:

Thanks Ed. Deadline is TCC and I've only been working on this thing steady for the past 3 weeks. I don't have time to get it quite where I like it, but it should be wheelable. Didn't think about any kind of armor though, so I'll be taking it light on the rocks the first time around. Hopefully by the memorial day run I'll have some steel to protect the body, which is in pretty decent shape.

mudtoy67
03-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Looks like you've got a good start. Let's see some more pics! What are the plans for it?

JeepPhisherman
03-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Plans are to get out in the garage and work on it. I'll update some more after I'm done tonight.

AggieTJ2007
03-30-2008, 12:26 PM
looks good, I hope you get some bigger straps to hold it to the trailer next time

Doug Krebs
03-30-2008, 01:48 PM
looks good, I hope you get some bigger straps to hold it to the trailer next time

Seriously! I personally know two people that have had a car fall of a trailer because those broke.

Karl's was just an old shatty minivan, although it did provide transportation for many events.

The second however is a craptastic whipple charged mustang which incurred a decent amount of body damage.

uglyota
03-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Rocker guards! If you care one bit about the body don't even think about trying to wheel that thing without rocker guards!

agjohn02
03-30-2008, 04:13 PM
The second however is a craptastic whipple charged mustang which incurred a decent amount of body damage.

no wonder it fell off the trailer. you didnt mention the ice chest tie downs.

KrazyKarl02
03-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Seriously! I personally know two people that have had a car fall of a trailer because those broke.

Karl's was just an old shatty minivan, although it did provide transportation for many events.

In my defense I was using Ron's shat box of a trailer that fish tails if you go over 1.5 mph... Umm plus I was young or something...

But yeah, those little straps are not for cars/trucks....

CRaSHnBuRN
03-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Rocker guards! If you care one bit about the body don't even think about trying to wheel that thing without rocker guards!

yes, and plate the frame where you mount them

JeepPhisherman
03-30-2008, 10:01 PM

Had chains wrapped around both axles with binders, I threw the straps on there just because I had them in the back of the truck.

JeepPhisherman
03-30-2008, 10:03 PM

I was planning on figuring out the Toyota boatside dilema, but no time for that just yet, so I made a call to Trail-Gear on Friday...

JeepPhisherman
03-30-2008, 10:04 PM
yes, and plate the frame where you mount them

Planning on making some diamond shaped plates and gussets. Need to pick up some steel tomorrow, Trail-Mart shat should be here Wednesday/Thursday.

JeepPhisherman
03-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Ok, after I got the truck to my apartment (the neighboors love me by the way), I ditched the 38.5" TSLs to finally put on the brand new 35's I've had for just over a year now. I pulled the 2.5" blocks from the rear and started cleaning things up a bit.

BroncoJo
03-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Are you going to keep the 38in. tsls?

DRAGOONRANCH
03-31-2008, 12:06 AM
Man, that thing is clean.

NOW HACK THE **** OUT OF IT AND LET'S WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eckert
03-31-2008, 12:16 AM
the lift is how big. i bet the angle on the steering is awesome.

JeepPhisherman
03-31-2008, 06:54 AM
Are you going to keep the 38in. tsls?

Sold them to a guy in Dallas a while back. I think I had them posted on here.

JeepPhisherman
03-31-2008, 06:57 AM
Man, that thing is clean.

NOW HACK THE **** OUT OF IT AND LET'S WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's pretty clean. There are several dents around the driver's side rear quaret panel and a few small spots of rust, but it would look a ****-ton better if they hadn't spray bombed the thing. I plan on trying out that Interlux Topside paint and bringing this thing back to it's original blue.

And no, I'm not going to pull a Feller on this thing, I plan to trim the fenders a bit, massage the firewall, and bob it a few months down the road, but I'd like to keep the body in tact so I can pimp it around Austin with my environmentally friendly fuel. :gigem:

JeepPhisherman
03-31-2008, 06:58 AM

Hell if I know. The truck actually drove decent when I checked it out. I'd take a picture of the stock steering, but the front axle has been MIA for about 2.5 weeks now.

JeepPhisherman
03-31-2008, 07:01 AM

Actually, now that I think about it - I pulled 2.5" lift blocks off the rear and the rear springs are aftermarket lift. The front has 6.5" eye to eye shackles, which is 3" over stock and the springs appear to be 4" lifts, so I'd say it was a 5-6" lift. My goal now is 2.5", but I think I'll still be sitting taller than that at TCC.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-31-2008, 07:08 AM
..., but I'd like to keep the body in tact so I can pimp it around Austin with my environmentally friendly fuel. :gigem:

speaking of which, why Miss Pane, and not Major 'Pane? Just curious. I did used to know this crazy redhead named Missy Pane though... :eek:

JeepPhisherman
03-31-2008, 07:12 AM
speaking of which, why Miss Pane, and not Major 'Pane? Just curious. I did used to know this crazy redhead named Missy Pane though... :eek:

1) Because Major Pane was the worst movie ever made.
2) Trucks, like boats, should always be women (and we all know women never get promoted up to Major).
3) The SO's name is Melissa, aka Missy (I call her Miss), and she's trying to get interested in the sport on this build.
4) Because she (^) liked the name.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-31-2008, 07:24 AM
You sir have no sense of humor...
2) Trucks, like boats, should always be women (and we all know women never get promoted up to Major).
Obviously you have never heard of Abu Ghraib...
3) The SO's name is Melissa, aka Missy (I call her Miss), and she's trying to get interested in the sport on this build.
Oh, and she is gonna love it when she hears you hollerin in the garage when you are undoing the battery and holler "Gawddammit Miss, gimme my nuts back"
4) Because she (^) liked the name.
See #3

:flipoff3:

mudtoy67
03-31-2008, 08:16 AM

There are much worse movies than Major Pane. I thought it was hilarious, and look how cool I am.:gigem:

DRAGOONRANCH
03-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Ice Cold!!!!

CRaSHnBuRN
03-31-2008, 11:58 AM
And no, I'm not going to pull a Feller on this thing . . . .

Sheetmetal is overated. Hell, even with a exo I still managed to dent what little remains of my sheetmetal in three places at Tree's

JeepPhisherman
03-31-2008, 02:01 PM
I doubt your piece of **** would pass inspection. This one will.

JeepPhisherman
03-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Oh, and I finally realized the front hanger had been beat to **** and re-welded, how I didn't spot that, I don't know. But I don't have time to make one, so I've got one on order from TG.

Does anyone have some stock front spring hangers? The shortest I could find were 5" eye to eye. I guess I'll probably just have to make those too, but a hand drill, 3/8" plate and 19 mm drill bits don't usually go together.

Sharpe
03-31-2008, 02:25 PM

I disagree. What kind of woman name would Pigpen or The Klogger have?:flipoff2:

FJAggie07
03-31-2008, 02:35 PM
I doubt your piece of **** would pass inspection. This one will.

Hell I got tags on my 4Runner through August of 08! :gigem:

FJAggie07
03-31-2008, 02:36 PM
Oh, and I finally realized the front hanger had been beat to **** and re-welded, how I didn't spot that, I don't know. But I don't have time to make one, so I've got one on order from TG.

Does anyone have some stock front spring hangers? The shortest I could find were 5" eye to eye. I guess I'll probably just have to make those too, but a hand drill, 3/8" plate and 19 mm drill bits don't usually go together.

Garrett, let me look through my boxes o'sh!t and see what I have. I will let you know what I got, and maybe send you a care package. :gigem:

uglyota
03-31-2008, 03:22 PM
would you quit fuggin ordering stuff from trail gear?
Marlin Crawler, Front Range Offroad, even All-Pro are the innovative companies who busted their asses to make it possible for you to easily build a badass rig out of a toyota minitruck. Trailgear came onto the scene cheating, stealing, and otherwise conniving to put these companies out of business. They do not deserve a dime.

JeepPhisherman
03-31-2008, 03:54 PM
would you quit fuggin ordering stuff from trail gear?
Marlin Crawler, Front Range Offroad, even All-Pro are the innovative companies who busted their asses to make it possible for you to easily build a badass rig out of a toyota minitruck. Trailgear came onto the scene cheating, stealing, and otherwise conniving to put these companies out of business. They do not deserve a dime.

I hadn't ordered anything from them until last week. No one else could meet my deadlines for the sliders to be here by Thursday. And Marlin keeps ****ing up my orders, so I might be done with them. I just talked with Brian an hour or so ago about some parts he's watching after for me and I just ordered the hanger from AllPro. So, I support the original Toyota vendors, thank you very much. :gigem:

uglyota
03-31-2008, 04:25 PM
good man, not sure that excuses the fact that TG even came to mind, but it helps :flipoff2:
are you just trying to get rid of the long shackles to lose lift? You'll probably be better off keeping the long shackles and pulling/replacing a leaf or two out of those springs

JeepPhisherman
03-31-2008, 04:36 PM
good man, not sure that excuses the fact that TG even came to mind, but it helps :flipoff2:
are you just trying to get rid of the long shackles to lose lift? You'll probably be better off keeping the long shackles and pulling/replacing a leaf or two out of those springs

These shackles are huge, so yes, loosing them to loose some lift. I don't want to pull leaves yet because the springs are brand new and I don't want to fork them up.

FJAggie07
03-31-2008, 04:50 PM
While Marlin is a great guy, their customer service blows nuts.

CheapJeep
03-31-2008, 05:46 PM
I disagree. What kind of woman name would Pigpen or The Klogger have?:flipoff2:

Butch

JeepPhisherman
03-31-2008, 05:57 PM
While Marlin is a great guy, their customer service blows nuts.

I've never talked to him, so I don't know what all the ass kissing is about, but his products have a good reputation. And yes, Marlin Crawler the company, blows.

FJAggie07
03-31-2008, 06:07 PM
I've never talked to him, so I don't know what all the ass kissing is about, but his products have a good reputation. And yes, Marlin Crawler the company, blows.

I have watched him spend a weekend at an event not wheeling and fixing someone's **** that got trailered in just so that they could wheel the next day. That to me is good people. I also watched T.R. from ARB and Russ from BaerTrax do the exact same thing one year later at the same event. Actions like these are what makes me want to support a vendor and go to bat for them, even if they don't know how to run a business.

JeepPhisherman
04-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Got some more work done today. Also got some parts in at the office yeterday.

JeepPhisherman
04-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Man, my tiny garage is a ****ing mess!

Anyway, Ed found us a good deal on some 'pane tanks, so I picked up an extra and he grabbed 2 and some tank brackets. New hanger from TG, since All-Pro called me 2 days after I ordered theirs and told me they wouldn't have any for a week. Also sliders from TG since I don't have a bender. And a heavy ass box.

JeepPhisherman
04-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, not a whole lot of work done today. I fecked around in the engine bay some more, trying to clean some stuff up and figure out how I'm going to wire the motor.

Also took an idea from Feller for mounting my Napa (Exide) Orbital. Besides blowing through the stock sheet metal battery tray, it turned out pretty well. We'll see how it holds up after some beating on though, I might just have to revert back to some j-bolts.

I got some more work done on my stock front axle as well. In the process of rebuilding it.

I also decided I'm not going to make it to TCC this year. In addition to being way behing my build schedule and having some parts still floating around in UPS land, the prime contract for the hotel is coming this next week, so I won't be able to work on the truck much, if any before next weekend.

New deadline is Ed's return on Memorial Day.

JeepPhisherman
04-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Fecking around with one of the e-locker 3rds, this one came unassembled. Does anyone know what this cover is for, and if the notches need to be aligned? The cover had a 1/16" notch in it the entire length at one point on the circumference and the pin has a 1/4" notch on the face of it. Do they need to align? doesn't seem like it matters much to me, because you can just flip the cover around either way. Should there be a key in the pin or something?

JeepPhisherman
04-14-2008, 04:21 PM
And no high-pinion by the way, just the first decent picture I could find.

robertf03
04-14-2008, 04:28 PM
I'd guess oil passages. How can you flip it around when its visibly offset like that?

JeepPhisherman
04-14-2008, 04:43 PM
The high pinion is different than the low pinion.

JeepPhisherman
04-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Flemboni was right, offset is just smaller on the low pinions.

Also, got home yesterday after a late night at the office to find a note on my door from the apartment manager. Apparently a VP of the company toured the place yesterday and wasn't estatic about the 4Runner on jack stands. So, I was in the garage until 1 last night throwing the front axle back together to put under the truck and installed the stock rear into the truck again.

The note had some language about moving it off the premises completely, but the ***** I talked to said on 4 tires was fine. We'll see if it's still there when I get home from the office tonight.

I also just noticed some language in my lease agreement about no power tools, welding equipment or propane tanks being stored in the building, so I might be moving all of that to the SO's parent's house until I move in June, thus putting the truck on hold for 2.5 months so I don't have to worry about eviction. Apartment life sucks.

DRAGOONRANCH
04-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Boooo!!!!

FJAggie07
04-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Flemboni was right, offset is just smaller on the low pinions.

Also, got home yesterday after a late night at the office to find a note on my door from the apartment manager. Apparently a VP of the company toured the place yesterday and wasn't estatic about the 4Runner on jack stands. So, I was in the garage until 1 last night throwing the front axle back together to put under the truck and installed the stock rear into the truck again.

The note had some language about moving it off the premises completely, but the ***** I talked to said on 4 tires was fine. We'll see if it's still there when I get home from the office tonight.

I also just noticed some language in my lease agreement about no power tools, welding equipment or propane tanks being stored in the building, so I might be moving all of that to the SO's parent's house until I move in June, thus putting the truck on hold for 2.5 months so I don't have to worry about eviction. Apartment life sucks.

I felt your pain and now am renting a house. And somehow my landlord is counting my trailer as a vehicle and saying that 4 vehicles in one driveway is too much.... I hate landlords...:(

agjohn02
04-15-2008, 11:11 AM
begin rental investment discussion in 3,2,1...

JeepPhisherman
04-15-2008, 12:15 PM
I felt your pain and now am renting a house. And somehow my landlord is counting my trailer as a vehicle and saying that 4 vehicles in one driveway is too much.... I hate landlords...:(

Yup, called a realator friend of mine today to start looking for a place for me. Unfortunately, I'm still not in a position to buy, so I'll be renting, but a discussion of my vehicular habbits will be high on the list when I speak with the owner.

Called and talked to my aparment manager a few minutes ago, and she had a question about the wood I was using as wheel chaulks. She asked me if I could purchase some nicer looking ones...

Seth
04-15-2008, 12:22 PM
chock?

JeepPhisherman
04-15-2008, 01:44 PM
chock?

Thanks Cox.

jerryg79
04-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks Cox.

c0cks?

DRAGOONRANCH
04-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks Cox.

c0cks?

double funnay! :gigem:

Seth
04-15-2008, 04:03 PM
I was gonna post up something about how I was just honestly trying to be helpful, but then it got too long and I ended up writing it a couple times, and then just said **** it.

I saw someone write in an email to me the other day something about their construction sight. Small error, but still gets noticed. I dunno.

agjohn02
04-15-2008, 06:36 PM
thier

... right jerry?

Sharpe
04-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Fight The Man!!!

Seth
04-16-2008, 09:07 PM
I thought of a couple. Derelict. Knew the word but always mispronounced it when I read it til recently.

Also saw whatever it is that the ladies man drinks in writing for the first time the other day.

jerryg79
04-16-2008, 09:08 PM
I thought of a couple. Derelict. Knew the word but always mispronounced it when I read it til recently.

Also saw whatever it is that the ladies man drinks in writing for the first time the other day.

derelict my ballz!

JeepPhisherman
04-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Courvoisier.

I recieved an e-mail today about "Storm Water Viddio Taping" today...

JeepPhisherman
04-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Man, these ****ing people don't quit.

Got home today and noticed a large orange sticker on the ground a block away. I thought "Hey, that looks like a towing sticker!" So, I went and picked it up, sure enough it was, and since I own the only piece of poo around, it belonged to me.

I went and talked to the manager again, and the ***** told me I had to remove the chocks (happy Seth?) from behind the tires, because that meant it was inopperable... I explained to her that I left them there because I don't drive it often and that's just good practice, well apparently in an uppety place like this (my first mistake) they arent' acceptable, so I pulled them. Then they asked about current registration and inspection. Well, I've got current registration, I just haven't stuck it in the window, and I guess I bull-****ted them well enough about the inspection, because I sure as **** don't have that (second mistake, should have had it inspected prior to propane). She told me they'd leave me alone for a while and I told them I'd fax them copies of both registration and inspection if they wanted them because I didn't want to install them yet because the windshield has a crack in it, which it doesn't.

So, I guess I really have to put things on hold for a while and either get this thing in the garage before they have my plates run, or move it to a storage lot/friends place.

Once again, apartment life blows.

DRAGOONRANCH
04-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Use the 218 address or someone else's and get it inspected when you come back to CS for a 47 trip. :D

JeepPhisherman
04-18-2008, 06:59 AM
Use the 218 address or someone else's and get it inspected when you come back to CS for a 47 trip. :D

If I get it running soon and get the steering finished, I'll drag it up to Williamson Co. and have it inspected there.

Plan is to get storage unit, move large crap from garage to said storage unit, sell stuff I don't want/need, move 4Runner into garage and get it running and finish the steering in there. Then leave it there until I move.

Eckert
04-18-2008, 12:13 PM
If I get it running soon and get the steering finished, I'll drag it up to Williamson Co. and have it inspected there.

same bull**** as travis. drag it to hays.

JeepPhisherman
04-18-2008, 02:00 PM
same bull**** as travis. drag it to hays.

Supposedly the Williamson and Travis County inspection stickers are almost identical and a guy from Krawltex works a station up in Williamson, so that's my plan.

I'm going to clean out the garage and let some air out of the tires to see if it'll fit in the garage this weekend. I wouldn't be suprised if there's another towing notice on my truck today for some other reason.

DRAGOONRANCH
04-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Don't they understand that rockcrawlin rigs are built and maintained by the non-redneck wheelers. Take her some pictures from the redneck games and warn her you are thinkin about changing over to mud trucks if they don't quit harrassing you....

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/DRAGOONRANCH/Trips/Redneck%20Games%2007/100_2597.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/DRAGOONRANCH/Trips/Redneck%20Games%2007/100_2602.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/DRAGOONRANCH/Chevy/ALTO%20AUG%2006%20Redneck%20Games/IMG_0580.jpg

JeepPhisherman
06-02-2008, 11:49 AM
I got the truck in the garage 2 weeks ago and have been messing around with it when I find the time, which I don't have a lot of these days.

Thinking about taking an extended break from the wheeling world for a while, probably posting the truck for sale soon. Need to finish up steering with a rebuilt IFS box, get the brakes good to go and finally wire up the propane to get it running.

william_ace
06-02-2008, 05:11 PM
why the change of heart? no time?

JeepPhisherman
06-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Nope, been working 6 to 7/8/9 during the week (just got home 20 min ago) and half days on Saturday for the past 3 months and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Besides, I'm moving in a few weeks and I don't see the new place being any more friendly than here as far as loud noises and trucks on jack stands. May not sell, but if I can get out of it close to what I've got in it, that would be worth it to me. If I can't get decent money for it, I'll keep it and start recruiting some more help from the Krawltex guys.

Seth
06-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Once again, work on Friday is for suckas! It's not even noon and I'm out!

And I'll have my cookie when I get home *******s!

:flipoff2:

JeepPhisherman
06-03-2008, 05:41 PM
It was nice while it lasted. Got wind today that we'll be adding some staff to the project, so I might find some time here in the near future, maybe hold onto the truck.

uglyota
06-03-2008, 05:53 PM
good luck with that. Honeymoon's over, sweetcheeks :flipoff2:

JeepPhisherman
06-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Still for sale, asking $3950 as it sits now. Can deliver to CS for cost of gas or I can take a bit off if you come pick it up.

JeepPhisherman
06-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Got the steering box rebuilt, hope to have enough time this evening to burn in the new mounts and get the steering buttoned up. Also finished wiring and plumbing the propane. All that's left is to finish steering, change oil, fill coolant, install the new calipers and she'll be ready to hit the streets. Probably transporting to her new home this Saturday or Sunday so I can clean out the garage and paint over the burn marks on the walls in the garage from welding.

JeepPhisherman
06-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Took the day off today to pack stuff up for the move, but I need to get the project running to make it easier to load and transport.

Painted the box to keep the rust away and started the mount for the steering box. The consensus is to run ATF in these boxes, correct? I'm pretty sure that's what was run in the stock system before, so I don't plan to flush it, but if power steering fluid and ATF have some kinda funky reaction, I might need to?

FJAggie07
06-27-2008, 11:03 AM
ATF is what has been run in Toyota Power Steering since at least 85.

JeepPhisherman
06-27-2008, 12:23 PM
That's what I've heard, but the '84 FSM I have says GL4 and the '88 FSM says power steering fluid.

I picked up some ATF, so I'll half ass flush and run that.

AggieTJ2007
06-27-2008, 01:26 PM
if you are running hydro assist I would suggest power steering fluid

Reckless
06-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Im running redline syn powersteering fluid in my new box with hydroboost

AggieTJ2007
06-27-2008, 04:42 PM
whats u gots boost on

BMFScout
06-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Im running redline syn powersteering fluid in my new box with hydroboost

My uncle has a pocketknife.

Seth
06-27-2008, 04:52 PM
klassic.

Reckless
06-27-2008, 04:58 PM
whats u gots boost on

truck See DDD thread for more information:gigem:

Eckert
06-27-2008, 06:42 PM
That's what I've heard, but the '84 FSM I have says GL4 and the '88 FSM says power steering fluid.

I picked up some ATF, so I'll half ass flush and run that.

but what does the 85/86 FSM say?

ive never heard of anyone using anything other than ATF.

JeepPhisherman
06-28-2008, 08:21 PM
but what does the 85/86 FSM say?

ive never heard of anyone using anything other than ATF.

Actually, the FSM I have is an '85 Runner/Truck FSM. It says API GL4.

I bought ATF, just haven't put it in yet. Steering is done by the way, axle is back under truck. Spent all day moving, so I need to fill the fluids tomorrow, install the new calipers, and bleed the brakes. Or if I get lazy, I'll just push it on to the trailer and use a come along. Moving sucks, I should have bought a house this time around.

JeepPhisherman
08-09-2008, 04:47 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3125/2747981380_6e849ce329.jpg

CRaSHnBuRN
08-09-2008, 07:17 PM
so you sold it? Hopefully I will have a similar picture soon

Eckert
08-09-2008, 08:08 PM
took a hefty loss on it, didnt you?

so whats the new toy to replace it?

DRAGOONRANCH
08-09-2008, 11:09 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3125/2747981380_6e849ce329.jpg

You sir are queer.. :(

jerryg79
08-10-2008, 09:51 AM

what's so queer about a nice man ass in jean shorts?

JeepPhisherman
08-10-2008, 10:12 AM
took a hefty loss on it, didnt you?

so whats the new toy to replace it?

Nah, not too bad.

Not sure on the new toy. I've still got a few grand in toy parts, so maybe a first gen truck here in a year or so, or I might cash out on those too.

JeepPhisherman
08-10-2008, 10:14 AM

Just taking a break Ed, not worth keeping it if I don't have the time or a place to work on it. :beer:

JeepPhisherman
08-10-2008, 10:15 AM
what's so queer about a nice man ass in jean shorts?

I didn't know they still made denim shorts until he stepped out of his truck.

Doug Krebs
08-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I didn't know they still made denim shorts until he stepped out of his truck.

You haven't met my oldest brother!

FJAggie07
08-10-2008, 07:21 PM
bah, John is a good guy, bad wheeler, but a good guy. Has some great kids and a great wife. Glad to see this happen Garrett. Hope you find a new project soon, and let me know what kind of parts you have laying around, I have to come down to the austin area soon.

Sharpe
08-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Seems like Toyota owners have a high vehicle turnover rate.

FJAggie07
08-10-2008, 07:24 PM

Seems like Full Size owners have a hard time keeping their crap running... :flipoff2:

JeepPhisherman
08-10-2008, 07:27 PM
bah, John is a good guy, bad wheeler, but a good guy. Has some great kids and a great wife. Glad to see this happen Garrett. Hope you find a new project soon, and let me know what kind of parts you have laying around, I have to come down to the austin area soon.

Yea, he brought his wife with him, she was nice. Helped load and tie down the runner and everything. I didn't have to lift a finger.

I'll put together a list of what I've got Chris. Might put it up for sale, but I'd rather keep the stuff than loose my ass on it.

JeepPhisherman
08-10-2008, 07:29 PM

Who else?

If I had bought a house instead of renting again, I wouldn't have sold.

DRAGOONRANCH
08-10-2008, 11:18 PM
How many yotas has feller gone through? ;)

oh, and I understand about having to cut a project loose, that's why the LSSD was sold off. Just hate to know your riggless for a while.

Eckert
08-11-2008, 12:02 AM
quick and easy money on the yota market :gigem:

once you buy a fullsize, you seem to be stuck with it becuase no one else wants the POS.

JeepPhisherman
08-11-2008, 06:52 AM
How many yotas has feller gone through? ;)

oh, and I understand about having to cut a project loose, that's why the LSSD was sold off. Just hate to know your riggless for a while.

Yea, I forgot about him. He's an anomaly.

DRAGOONRANCH
08-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Oh, and I forgot about Faggie too. (he just hasn't started the liqidation phase of yotaology yet) :flipoff2:

JeepPhisherman
08-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Oh, and I forgot about Faggie too. (he just hasn't started the liqidation phase of yotaology yet) :flipoff2:

If it makes it any better, my family aquired 3 new Toyota's right before I sold this one. So we're still +2 on the deal.

CRaSHnBuRN
08-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Yea, I forgot about him. He's an anomaly.

:flipoff2:

And for the record, between trail rigs (4), parts trucks (2), and 2wd daily drivers (2), I've only owned 8 toyotas total. As for selling the trail rigs, its not something I just do on a whim. I traded the somewhat rebuilt remains of my first truck for the buggy, which I still think was a good deal. I had to sell the buggy to cover debts created by me and my fiancee breaking up. There really was no other option. On this last build, I've simply burned out and want to move on. Its getting too expensive to wheel, and the closest place I have to store it is 3 hours away. I have alot of credit card debt still left from college and I want to pay that off. Selling the 4runner is the quickest way to get to that point. Plus I have a trip to Scotland/Amsterdam coming up in October and would prefer to be able to enjoy myself without worrying about spending to much money

FJAggie07
08-11-2008, 09:47 AM

btw the wife and I we have had 6 yotas. I currently own three. :flipoff2:

DRAGOONRANCH
08-11-2008, 09:51 AM
:gigem:

robertf03
08-11-2008, 10:34 AM
btw the wife and I we have had 6 yotas. I currently own three. :flipoff2:

how many of those 3 run? -pimp-

FJAggie07
08-11-2008, 11:15 AM
All 3, just one has an exhaust leak.