PDA

View Full Version : Higgs Ride...

redcagepatrol
11-11-2002, 01:04 PM
Just got off the phone with Higgs, he just rolled into College Station with the upgraded Jeep.

The front axleshafts are still not done because the hardened shafts were breaking tools being cut down, but they are flying down to finish it.

In other news with Greg...... He got a new tow rig because he was tired of the DuraMax crapping out on him.

What he get - A new 1 ton Cummins Dually

BigRedFord04
11-11-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by redcagepatrol
the hardened shafts were breaking tools being cut down, but they are flying down to finish it.
***...thats kinda funny, think he'll break 'em on the trail?

Chadnutz
11-11-2002, 01:18 PM
I passed by him on HW 6 heading to work. Jeep looks sweet. Truck looks crappy. I was wondering whose it was.

Heh, congrats Greg. Shall we have him drive it to the mall so we can all drool over it for a little while?

Krawler68
11-11-2002, 04:50 PM
So when is the first run with it? I'd like to check it out, and I'm sure everyone's waiting to see it attempt to be the only TAMOR vehicle capable enough to take on my badas new ZJ.

Hal

Krawler68
11-11-2002, 05:04 PM
Even I am amazed I allow Hal to post this sort of drivel under my name... In any event... Garner's YJ could stomp Hal's new blue ZJ... :flipoff2:

Krawler68
11-11-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Krawler68
Even I am amazed I allow Hal to post this sort of drivel under my name... In any event... Garner's YJ could stomp Hal's new blue ZJ... :flipoff2:

How easy you change your tune...

http://www.tamor.org/forum/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=890

I doubt anybody wants to lose right off the bat... but frankly this round of comps...Hal Frost has a win in the bag with EITHER of his ZJ's... I think you boys will be pissed if you get a showdown planned and then end up not only losing but breaking a lot too... Why not just wait?

Besides I don't really care about competing. I'm sure lots of people's rigs could out wheel my Blue ZJ. I mean it is a damn ZJ! I'd still like to check out the Avalanche rig though...

davido
11-13-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by redcagepatrol
What he get - A new 1 ton Cummins Dually

That sucks that he had so many issues. I've driven both and I think he'll miss the tuck and finish of the Chevy. He might want to trade that one in in 6 mos. when the faux finish starts peeling off his new steering wheel. Those are PIMP looking trucks though. The other plus is that we won't look like bobsie twins when we're on trips together. Does this mean that he's going to give me his trailer, since it matches and all? :o) Can't wait to see the Heep also. This hodge podge group is starting to shape up. Damn cool!

~dso

Krawler68
11-13-2002, 03:20 PM
Hey Hal... maybe you should check out what Garner's YJ is and see where I'm coming from.

Doug

Post 990

Krawler68
11-13-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by davido

That sucks that he had so many issues. I've driven both and I think he'll miss the tuck and finish of the Chevy. He might want to trade that one in in 6 mos. when the faux finish starts peeling off his new steering wheel. Those are PIMP looking trucks though. The other plus is that we won't look like bobsie twins when we're on trips together. Does this mean that he's going to give me his trailer, since it matches and all? :o) Can't wait to see the Heep also. This hodge podge group is starting to shape up. Damn cool!

~dso

HOdge Podge group? Bobsie twins? BWAHAHAHAHHAAHA...

that is all.

Post 991

Krawler68
11-13-2002, 03:46 PM
Hey Hal... maybe you should check out what Garner's YJ is and see where I'm coming from.

Doug

Post 990

Since it's a YJ I just assume it has a shackle lift and 31" BFG A/Ts, but I can't actually find a picture to prove or disprove my theory.

Hal

BigRedFord04
11-13-2002, 05:14 PM
See June `00

http://www.tamor.org/pastrigs/default.htm

Krawler68
11-13-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by BigRedFord04
See June `00

http://www.tamor.org/pastrigs/default.htm

Damn I was almost right...

froader03
11-13-2002, 09:13 PM
think he's runnin' 33s now...

redcagepatrol
11-15-2002, 08:16 AM

redcagepatrol
11-15-2002, 08:16 AM

redcagepatrol
11-15-2002, 08:17 AM

redcagepatrol
11-15-2002, 08:18 AM

redcagepatrol
11-15-2002, 08:18 AM

redcagepatrol
11-15-2002, 08:19 AM

redcagepatrol
11-15-2002, 08:20 AM
leaking fuel drain plug messing up paint on rear axle

Jackasic
11-15-2002, 08:28 AM
that thing looks even better in real life:cool: So what is the deal if the odd ball bogger spare?

redcagepatrol
11-15-2002, 08:36 AM
I think they used the bogger because it's the same height, just alot narrower

davido
11-15-2002, 10:12 AM
Scott, I bet you look at it the same way I do. Idea. Idea. Idea. Looking at the little things, the designs really show the experience of the builders. I really dig some of the stuff they did. The inside hood tie downs, the gas tank filler, the way the bars come down in the front and hit the frame, the tire carrier. All very cool mods.

Congrats Greg. That's awesome!

~dso

redcagepatrol
11-15-2002, 11:34 AM
Very true Dave... The main reason I like helping Troy in competition was to look at the rigs and get ideas for my own. I am taking ideas from many different rigs, changing them, and putting them into mine - this is why I take so many pics:D

PS - you need to see the rig in person - unbeleiveable!!

stinger7401
11-15-2002, 12:06 PM
I fully expect our man Gregg to be at the meeting on wednesday to show off his new or should i just say rebuilt rig!

redcagepatrol
11-15-2002, 01:10 PM
As long as he gets the axleshafts and hubs on in time. It is not driveable (more than around the yard) untill Cliff at Avalance flys down to finish it.

Chadnutz
11-15-2002, 06:22 PM
$$$

bburris
11-15-2002, 08:09 PM
sorry to pick, but is he going to get it all re-Rhinolined yellow?

it looks damn good, I hope to see it sometime soon....

redcagepatrol
02-07-2003, 03:01 PM
just to keep ya'll updated

He expects to get the shafts THIS week...

Talk about a long time to look at a Jeep in the driveway and not drive it

We will see if it happens - Avalanche is giving him the run around big time.

Higgs
02-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Clifton told me last week that the shafts already have a tracking number. I called and talked to curt today who said, not yet, we will get one when they are finished and shipped. No ****. So yes they are giving me the run around. Tomorrow I am calling and getting their contact at dynatrac to call them myself. The f-in order probably has not even been placed.

redcagepatrol
02-10-2003, 09:54 PM
THAT SUCKS!!!

redcagepatrol
02-10-2003, 09:57 PM
Higgs, I might finish mine before you finish your's - never thought that would happen:p

Jackasic
02-10-2003, 10:38 PM
that's bul****, need to drive back up there with the baseball bat of knowledge and pop some understanding in to those punks.

Krawler68
02-11-2003, 09:14 AM
I have heard Clifton is most definetly the less reliable branch of "Avalanche"... hence the recent split between the bayfield (?) and denver stores.

Good luck... you could always call CTM and get Jack Graef to whip up some 300M shafts in a couple of days.

Doug

redcagepatrol
02-27-2003, 08:58 AM
a little more FYI.
He took both of his rigs to Tom at Sunray. Tom will have the $300 axle shafts for the Jeep in a week from when he took it there. Tom is also going to rotate the knuckles on the toy front axle.

Amazing how that works - He has been waiting for like 6 months and Tom can do it in a Week!!!

Krawler68
02-27-2003, 09:06 AM
Greg got in at "Avalanche" at a bad time... seeing as there was an ugly split between Cifton Slay (Sp?) and Steve Rumore and the shop in Littleton is called Poison Spider Customs right now. I am willing to bet that since this is going on and that the rock crawlign season just started and these shops are trying to get rigs out for money makers as opposed to recreational kids like Greg is a big reason they took so long. Not to defend Clifton... I would NEVER take my rig to "Avalanche" for work, but it is understandable why they have put Greg on the back burner.

Doug

PS: I've been saying take it somewhere else for months... I'm glad he finally did. Did he decide to go sunray because he has experience with them? I would have opted for 300M shafts.

stinger7401
02-27-2003, 09:40 AM
How is Greggs rig not as important as a competition rig? From what i understand it cost about the same. Avalanche obviously doesn't understand good buisness practice, word of mouth is the most impactuful form of advertisement that a buisness can do. Right now Gregg is a paying customer just like a professional competitor except for the fact that when he goes flashing his rig around I guarentee he won't recomend avalanche to do the work.

Regardless of what is happening in the company or what season it is, a good buisness understands that the paying customer always comes first.

Krawler68
02-27-2003, 09:47 AM
And my point is paying customers who get on TV and in videos were needing **** finished for event one... Greg is from Texas, a place where Poison Spider Customs doesn't do much business... Greg is one mouth... competitors who don't have rigs to compete in are thousands strong... I am not saying I would ever take my junk to Poison Spider... I AM saying Greg ISN'T as important of a customer as a visible competitor from their or any other shop's perspective. The wait while inexcusable is understandable.

Doug