PDA

View Full Version : 04 Tahoe A/C Issue

bburris
06-26-2008, 09:15 AM
The driver's side of my Tahoe's front a/c decided not to blow cold air this morning. Passenger side and rear air are fine, but the driver's side feels like I have the temp control on the hottest setting. I tried moving the temp slide to see if something got hung, but no dice. It also blows cold to my feet and out the vent, just no cold air through the two vents that blow directly on my face.

Any ideas?

TMatheaus
06-26-2008, 09:18 AM
cook had a similiar problem with his truck, ask him

StevenAg03
06-26-2008, 09:19 AM
low on freon...

bburris
06-26-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't think freon is the problem if it's blowing cold air out every other vent just fine. Signs point to electronical voodoo in the dash, but what do I know...

Fredo
06-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Sounds like the heater blend actuator is starting to stick. How far is this truck out of warranty? Might take it in and ***** and see what a dealer would do.

I don't know how big of a ***** they are to replace, but I found the part number. Delco 52474810

Fredo
06-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Found this....doesn't sound like a horrible task...

Your temperature control actuator is bad. It's a little motor that moves the temp door. They are about $70 at the dealer. To change it you need to remove the knee trim panel on the passenger side (3 screws, 7mm socket). The actuator is in the center above the transmission hump. It has one harness plugged into it and 2 screws (5.5 mm). Take the screws out and it should drop straight down. Align the actuator with the lever on the door and put the screws in. Plug the harness back in. Turn your temp control to cold and remove the HVAC 1 fuse. Should be in the fuse panel on the drivers side of the dash. Turn your key to run and leave it on for at least 1 minute. Turn your key back off and put the fuse back in.

bburris
06-26-2008, 10:06 AM
It's almost at 70k, warranty expired at 60k.

Thanks for finding that Fred, sounds like something I can try to tackle this weekend.

Fredo
06-26-2008, 10:19 AM
By the way, if you're taking that panel off anyway, you might want to go ahead and change your cabin filter while your at it. I think they actually suggest to replace those once a year. I changed mine back when I first got my tahoe and it was pretty gross and if I remember right, that was at about 67k miles.

sasquatch
06-26-2008, 12:44 PM
cook had a similiar problem with his truck, ask him

yep

Found this....doesn't sound like a horrible task...

Your temperature control actuator is bad. It's a little motor that moves the temp door. They are about $70 at the dealer. To change it you need to remove the knee trim panel on the passenger side (3 screws, 7mm socket). The actuator is in the center above the transmission hump. It has one harness plugged into it and 2 screws (5.5 mm). Take the screws out and it should drop straight down. Align the actuator with the lever on the door and put the screws in. Plug the harness back in. Turn your temp control to cold and remove the HVAC 1 fuse. Should be in the fuse panel on the drivers side of the dash. Turn your key to run and leave it on for at least 1 minute. Turn your key back off and put the fuse back in.

yep

bburris
06-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Do you know the part numbers for this actuator I need and the cabin filter?

FJAggie07
06-26-2008, 01:13 PM
You want them to hold your hand at the dealership too Nancy?

Fredo
06-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Do you know the part numbers for this actuator I need and the cabin filter?

don't know how big of a ***** they are to replace, but I found the part number. Delco 52474810

Cabin filter
Oreilly/Microgard 3046
I know delco makes it, but I can't find the part number.

**** you're a lazy ***** Brett. :flipoff2:

jerryg79
06-26-2008, 01:23 PM
You want them to hold your hand at the dealership too Nancy?

damn boss man, go easy on him!

ps got you're check.

Sharpe
06-26-2008, 01:37 PM
damn boss man, go easy on him!

ps got you're check.

your

I've always wanted to do that!

bburris
06-26-2008, 02:32 PM
**** you're a lazy ***** Brett. :flipoff2:

I knew Fred would know so I figured I would ask instead of putting any effort towards it.

Thanks pal. :gigem: