PDA

View Full Version : 10/4/08 Official Tamor-Trail Oktoberbest/Death to Jimmy's Youth Run!

FJAggie07
07-01-2008, 05:58 PM
A little far out to start the planning but let's get it done. Who's in for a weekend of wheeling and debauchery. Get your rigs done, so they can wheel for at least an hour on a night run on Friday night up Clyde's Ravine! :gigem:

People I know are going:
Me

People I think are going:
Grayson
Kollins
Jason Kelly
Jimmy (possibly saturday mid-day/afternoon)
Flem
Chris (FJAggie)
Burrrrrrrrrris
John Cox?

Unknowns:
Sharpe (pigpen still on the Injured/Disabled list)
Everyone else

BMFScout
07-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Trail Oktoberbest/Death to Jimmy's Youth Run!

FJAggie07
07-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Trail Oktoberbest/Death to Jimmy's Youth Run!

Thank you good sir for the help with the Title. :gigem:

Keeping the OP updated with info as it comes up.

rockfrawg
07-01-2008, 08:53 PM
+1

...maybe...

Shaggy
07-07-2008, 11:06 AM
gonna have to resurect this thread in a couple months but i can see planning on making this trip

jerryg79
07-07-2008, 11:13 AM
i'm out if this is the date, found out this weekend.

FJAggie07
07-07-2008, 01:04 PM
i'm out if this is the date, found out this weekend.

Well don't you suck.

Graystroke
07-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Does Gilmer have a bowling alley?

Fredo
07-07-2008, 02:05 PM
why, you thinking about a repeat of the Grayson Bday in Mineral Wells?

jerryg79
07-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Well don't you suck.

engagement party.....

FJAggie07
07-07-2008, 02:20 PM
engagement party.....

I hear you, I actually feel for you.

Graystroke
07-07-2008, 03:00 PM
why, you thinking about a repeat of the Grayson Bday in Mineral Wells?

yes, it seems to be the appropriate thing to do for B-Days in ****hole towns. Usually have cheap beer, a sport is involved, and the people watching cred is about par compared to major airports but w/ a down syndrome theme.

Graystroke
07-07-2008, 03:01 PM
engagement party.....
you still going thru w/ the married thing?

jerryg79
07-07-2008, 03:45 PM
you still going thru w/ the married thing?

wtf? no, hence the party.

Graystroke
07-07-2008, 10:22 PM
wtf? no, hence the party.

you said "engagement party......." I thought you were saying,"engagement party....to be continued." or "engagement party......:rolleyes: "

You should have said, " ENGAGEMENT PARTAY!!!!!!!!!!"

:flipoff2:

I was just fawkin w/ you.

PS engagement parties are gay. it's like "part one of the gift milking of you friends."
goes right along w/ "couple showers"

DRAGOONRANCH
07-07-2008, 10:56 PM
... w/ "couple showers"

Those are lots of fun, as long as the tile in the shower has some grip to it. ;)

jerryg79
07-08-2008, 05:24 AM
PS engagement parties are gay. it's like "part one of the gift milking of you friends."
goes right along w/ "couple showers"

its an engagement party at karl's house, I can think of worse way to spend an afternoon;)

Reckless
07-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Looks like im out, Its homecoming that weekend back home.

sasquatch
07-21-2008, 05:39 PM
i'm always down for being a ETMF

robertf03
07-21-2008, 05:44 PM
It's on the prelim calendar

mudtoy67
07-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Looks like im out, Its homecoming that weekend back home.

She couldn't just wait for prom?

:flipoff2:

Seth
07-21-2008, 08:38 PM
zing!

DRAGOONRANCH
07-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Rowdy has moved on to the college girls.

[soup nazi voice on]No zing for you!!![soup nazi voice off]

8Runner
07-21-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm game...maybe I'll even have a new shaft by then, but then again, if Jimmy's going, he is the CTM ace now, so I'll just bring another stock spare...:flipoff2:

redcagepatrol
08-16-2008, 10:09 PM
out - we'll be in Albuquerque for a conference / the balloon festival

BMFScout
09-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Feggin out of this, got something importante Saturday morning. Might still be able to make it out there by lunch time if everyone else still goes. What's going on the weekend of the 25th? Ags are in Iowa.

Seth
09-03-2008, 05:49 PM
wow. at this point, since the title is a namesake of sorts, the "importante" event will determine how much of a hard time we (i) give you :gigem:

robertf03
09-03-2008, 05:51 PM
katemcy

Sharpe
09-03-2008, 05:54 PM
You have an appointment with your gynocologist Jimmy?

DRAGOONRANCH
09-03-2008, 11:34 PM

I hear his gyn. is an arab....

as they are highly skilled at removing sand from the naynay! :blackflipoff2:

FJAggie07
09-04-2008, 08:18 AM
I have been so swamped with House stuff I haven't even come close to keeping up with this.

Who is planning on going to Gilmer? I am still working on the 4Runner and the house so I doubt I will be able to make this one, but lets get a judge of who can make it.

Fredo
09-04-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm still in.

FJAggie07
09-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Then lets go!

Fredo
09-04-2008, 08:30 AM

Is pigpen going to make it?

DRAGOONRANCH
09-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Is pigpen going to make it?

Fred's on his game early today. :gigem:

Fredo
09-04-2008, 09:33 AM
I had a ****ty drive in traffic this morning. I hate Mexic- ...I mean garland.

DRAGOONRANCH
09-04-2008, 09:43 AM
168 hrs and 3 minutes and I will start headin' up your way and give you a big hug to make you feel better. :D

FJAggie07
09-04-2008, 09:54 AM
I had a ****ty drive in traffic this morning. I hate Mexic- ...I mean garland.

x2.

I am lucky I just fight Campbell from sachse to the Bush and into Plano.

BMFScout
09-04-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm volunteering Saturday morning for a Wylie Cross Country event. It's a memorial event for a friend of mine that died our senior year. His brother, who is also a friend of mine, is the cross country/track coach for Wylie and asked me to help. So yes, that and the gynecologist appointment will have me busy Saturday morning. I could probably make it out to the afterwheeling festivities/camping by Saturday afternoon.

Sharpe
09-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Well let me pull my foot out of my mouth real quick. I am **planning** on having Pigpen done and hopefully tested by then. I havent been to Gilmer in two years and I didnt even get to do much last time. Hope you can make it out afterwards Jimbo.

FJAggie07
09-04-2008, 02:36 PM
EDIT: Had my dates messed up, I am still on.

Fredo
09-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Excerpt from the Mall Meeting thread:

I would put the FJC up against alot of the rigs in TAMOR an go anywhere they would while living comfortably in AC and listening to my Ipod.

Yes, we'll see how this works out for ya. :D

FJAggie07
09-05-2008, 09:15 AM
BMRA is my play ground beyatch!

And yeah I will play, as long as we stick clear of DeWoody and Scorpian's Pass I should be allright. And Desi Way isn't exactly full size friendly anymore so we need to stay away from it.

Fredo
09-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Backpeddling already? :flipoff2:

DRAGOONRANCH
09-05-2008, 10:45 AM
He's gonna backpeddle right off the porch if Fred, Creighton, Eric and myself get involved (or wind up with one fooked up FJ). ;)

BMFScout
09-05-2008, 10:55 AM
BMRA is my play ground beyatch!

And yeah I will play, as long as we stick clear of DeWoody and Scorpian's Pass I should be allright. And Desi Way isn't exactly full size friendly anymore so we need to stay away from it.

How do you feel about Fun Country?

FJAggie07
09-05-2008, 11:32 AM
fawk looks like i need to get to welding on the 4Runner and somehow finish it before that weekend if we are going to be wheelin this hard. Give me some 37's and we can attempt anything!

I don't think I remember the entrance to Fun Country. It's just a 3, can't be worse than the crack on Clyde's Ravine drunk at night :gigem:

BMFScout
09-08-2008, 09:20 AM
It's not hard, just kind of tight in spots. Best I remember you drive down into a creek, make a couple of tight turns, climb out, back down, back up, then out.

Sharpe
09-08-2008, 02:28 PM
He's gonna backpeddle right off the porch if Fred, Creighton, Eric and myself get involved (or wind up with one fooked up FJ). ;)

You would have "fun" at Gilmer. If you take Da Beast, bring a chainsaw...

AggieTJ2007
09-20-2008, 10:30 PM
fiound this map it should be helpful.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=695859

agjohn02
09-21-2008, 01:45 AM
fiound this map it should be helpful.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=695859

for a gilmer run? i think not.

AggieTJ2007
09-21-2008, 07:44 PM
oh well, I guess I didn't read well enough I was thinking about the Ocktober trailfest that FWD FWD does

Fredo
09-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Let's revisit this and see if we can't get a headcount.

People I know are going:
Me

People I think are going:
Grayson
Kollins
Jason Kelly
Jimmy (possibly saturday mid-day/afternoon)
Flem
Chris (FJAggie)
Burrrrrrrrrris
John Cox?

Unknowns:
Sharpe (pigpen still on the Injured/Disabled list)
Everyone else

FJAggie07
09-23-2008, 11:29 AM
I made a pre-run to Gilmer this past weekend to check out some trails.

Review:
Binders Blvd - Stayed the same. Easy 3
Clyde's Ravine - Stayed a 3, entrance is worse, but crack is a little easier
Whatever? - Don't let the 2 on the sign fool you, this a moderate 3 and can become very challenging for us IFS rigs... especially if you take the wrong line :flipoff2:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/IMG_2846.jpg

JP Expressway - Hard 3, VERY Easy 4 - This thing has gotten steep and washed out. The loose dirt and 3 foot mini ledges allowed only 2 of us out of 6 to get up it unscathed, or without a winch.

http://www.toyotatrailriders.com/forum/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=13308&g2_serialNumber=2&g2_GALLERYSID=ce46fdd6cfdb578d7ef033950a2c97d4

L&B Turnpike - A good 3, fun as hell with a great climb on the bypass, Solid 4 if not on the Bypass
Sierra Skyview- Still a 3, Exit was pretty tough Hadnt been run since the hurrican and there was a tree down on the trail.
X-Way - Should be downgraded to a 2, still narrow.

I think that is all that I ran, if I think of more I will add to the list.
Half the time I had to run easy trails because the wife, cousin and parental unit were wheeling ATVs. Greenlane, Linda Gale, Angry Jeep, Sulihull, and On any Sunday are still there, they are still 2's and they are still boring as hell.

Fredo
09-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I wondered how much the trails would change after all that rain. Looks like it didn't drastically change the place. On Binder Blvd, when you go down hill then cross over and get flexed out to really drop down into the woods while turning left, did that get changed sometime? I remember that spot being a bit hairy unless your rig was low, stable, and short. Or did they make basically a bypass to avoid that spot? I can't remember, but I seem to remember the trail getting easier from some change that was made.

breckboarder55
09-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Wish I could go...

FJAggie07
09-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I wondered how much the trails would change after all that rain. Looks like it didn't drastically change the place. On Binder Blvd, when you go down hill then cross over and get flexed out to really drop down into the woods while turning left, did that get changed sometime? I remember that spot being a bit hairy unless your rig was low, stable, and short. Or did they make basically a bypass to avoid that spot? I can't remember, but I seem to remember the trail getting easier from some change that was made.

I remember that too, but the trail seemed pretty easy on Saturday and it didn't really stick out in my mind.

I want to run Politician's to see if the washed out turn is any worse than it has been in the past, and I heard Horseshoe Gulch has such a big washout that unless you are extremely flexy or running something bigger than 35's your screwed.

Fredo
09-24-2008, 10:08 AM
so.....no one really?

Sharpe
09-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Sorry, I have some bidness to take care of back home that weekend. I'm tired of being a no-wheeling mudda****a :mad:

Fredo
09-24-2008, 02:02 PM
I figured you were out sharpe...it's cool. As long as pigpen is there for the 2nd Annual Hill Climb challenge in Clayton, all will be fine.

Agrvr
09-25-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm in. Don't know what I'm driving.

The Range Rover needs some rigging to make the beeper stop screaming thinking the transfer case is in neutral and one of the sensors on a brake pad is bad (but can't remember where it came from to parts warranty it) so the ABS doesn't work and it doesn't like to stop...also the handbrake is toast. And the A/C doesn't work - I have all the parts I need to put it back together but doubt I have enough time to do it.

The last time I took the D90 to Gilmer I sucked at driving it so I doubt I'll show up in that - if I do I'll just ride around in Lurch.

If all else fails I'll drive the Princess and again...ride around in Lurch.

robertf03
09-25-2008, 01:21 PM
I need to fix the wheel hub leak, fix the drivers door lock, and get a ratchet strap for the cooler

Fredo
09-25-2008, 01:26 PM
I have all the parts I need to put it back together but doubt I have enough time to do it.

Oh come on....you've this weekend and all next week. How long can that stuff really take? :flipoff2:

Agrvr
09-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Oh come on....you've this weekend and all next week. How long can that stuff really take? :flipoff2:

I've been in Clear Lake all this week working. I may be home some of this weekend. Hopefully there will be enough time during the week next week...but come on Fred...this is me we're talking about here...for something that would take a normal person 2 or 3 hours to complete on a truck it will take me 2 or 3 days...between the injuries and the tourettes episodes.

Fredo
09-26-2008, 10:09 AM
I think Jason Van Kelly is in on this. Got a voicemail from him yesterday saying he had good news about the trip, which I assume means he's in. So that's one more rig.

FJAggie07
09-26-2008, 02:33 PM
I have a map that we put together for BMRA that is a LOT better than the one that BMRA supplies here for us. We (TTR) did it last November when we decided to run them with a GPS and evaluate the ratings.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/bmramapCOLOR.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/bmramapTOPO.jpg

EDIT: Please don't distribute these maps anywhere else. I know they are out there on the internet but we put a lot of effort into them and I don't really want to share them with the world, just TAMOR.

FJAggie07
09-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Well those didn't come out real big. If you want a detailed copy PM me.

Sharpe
09-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Dude that is tits, what is the highest resolution copy of that you have? If its decently high, yall should get some BIG maps (the kind you have to fold) printed and sell em.

BMFScout
09-26-2008, 02:55 PM
You should do that at Green Acres, Chris Scotti and I spent a week one afternoon looking for people there.

FJAggie07
09-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Please don't distribute these maps anywhere else. I know they are out there on the internet but we put a lot of effort into them and I don't really want to share them with the world, just TAMOR. :gigem:

Fredo
09-26-2008, 03:44 PM
I've been in Clear Lake all this week working. I may be home some of this weekend. Hopefully there will be enough time during the week next week...but come on Fred...this is me we're talking about here...for something that would take a normal person 2 or 3 hours to complete on a truck it will take me 2 or 3 days...between the injuries and the tourettes episodes.

Aren't you part owner in a rover shop? :flipoff2::D

Agrvr
09-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Aren't you part owner in a rover shop? :flipoff2::D

Ever heard that saying about a mechanic's car?

The shop is swamped with swamped Land Rovers. Apparently these people didn't contact me to let them know that I know from first hand experience that Land Rovers don't swim. Today was the first time I've been to the shop since it reopened (still no $^&@ing power there). It's overrun with flooded cars. Regulars have started showing back up and one of the mechanics is knee deep in a stooopid Jaguar ('83 XJ6) that some customer wants fixed...freakin' Jags are trash - I know you all know this already...but just a confirmation.

I told Luis I needed it done by Friday. His response was it could be done. I'm going to take it over there in the morning and do the work on the transfer case myself until I either cut myself and start bleeding or get so pissed that I blow a gasket or something. I'll let him finish up the A/C work, brakes and handbrake. Should be ready to go by Friday.

If not...fack it...I'll wheel the Princess.

FJAggie07
09-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Where we camping?

I submit old NTB/TTR Camp. If anyone has a generator we will have lights and I nicely built grill and shelter. 2 good fire rings.

Fredo
09-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Should be ready to go by Friday.

If not...fack it...I'll wheel the Princess.

Sweet. Good Luck!

Where we camping?

I submit old NTB/TTR Camp. If anyone has a generator we will have lights and I nicely built grill and shelter. 2 good fire rings.

I've think I might be able to get my hands on a sweet generator. :D

Toyota camp sounds good. That's a good spot other than getting down in there with a trailer takes awhile, but no biggy.

In other news, I confirmed Jason Kelly is planning on attending. If the cheerookeee makes it out or not is up in the air. He's having some issues with it.

Also, Lurch is ready to go other than a questionable spring plate. I Think this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5YqiLR69JA) might have had something to do with it. I'm just going to build a new one for good measure.

Fredo
09-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Talked to my buddy Casey last night. It might have been drunk talk, but he said he was in. I've sent emails out to the other two guys who used to work at Collins Bros. with me so it might be a mini reunion of ex-Collins Bros employees. Speaking of which...

Brett, are you planning on attending or are you going to vag out?

DRAGOONRANCH
09-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Speaking of which...

Brett, are you planning on attending or are you going to vag out?

The smart money is on 'vag'...

Fredo
09-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Lurch is good to go now. Friday night I decided to give him a once-over because I didn't have anything else going on and discovered two jacked spring plates and the front wheel bearings needed repacking. So, that's all done along with a tranny filter change and oil change. When filling the engine back up with oil, I heard the midget in the crankcase grumbling something about swallowing my sole. Saturday it was nice so I drove him up to my friend's house in Oklaho...I mean the north side of Mckinney. Going down Highway 75 at 75 or so mph, I noticed the rear was a little squirly still but thought maybe it was a tire pressure issue. Sunday I noticed the driver's side rear spring hanger was about half ripped off the frame. Whoops. So now that is fixed. Aside from that, I need to put some tools and spares together this week and the death trap will be ready.

So far, this is what I know:
I'm leaving friday after work towing Lurch to Gilmer
Flem is leaving CS after class friday in one of his rovers
Kevin Kollins is coming up sometime friday from Houston in a rover of some sort
Chris is leaving friday driving the FJC?
My buddy casey will either come friday night or saturday morning with his "TJ"
My buddy Jim may be bringing his CJ7
Another friend might be coming with his CJ8
Jason Kelly is coming and maybe his cheerookee too...Alternator is acting up apparently.

Other than that, no idea. Looks like a pretty light group. I assume since Grayson has avoided this thread, he's either mad about me not wanting his Lab, or he's used up his "kitchen passes".

FJAggie07
09-29-2008, 03:00 PM
I am leaving Friday straight from work towing my camping/utility trailer behind the FJC.

I will be set up in Toyota camp with a beer in hand. If you need help unloading Lurch or anything, Or want to caravan just let me know Fred and I will meet up with you.

Fredo
09-30-2008, 08:35 AM
I'll probably leave directly from work friday as well. I'll go 20 to hwy 80 since I'm already in Mesquite. So, I don't know if you planned on going that way or not. 20 or 30, I don't think either one is really faster than the other. We can just plan on meeting at Gilmer unless you just want somebody to convoy with.

FJAggie07
09-30-2008, 09:30 AM
I'll probably leave directly from work friday as well. I'll go 20 to hwy 80 since I'm already in Mesquite. So, I don't know if you planned on going that way or not. 20 or 30, I don't think either one is really faster than the other. We can just plan on meeting at Gilmer unless you just want somebody to convoy with.

Nope I'm good, just tune into Channel 19 and set the Cruise :gigem: Since I will be leaving from Plano I will probably take 380 to 30. That beats fighting 635 around and then fighting Friday night rushout of Dallas on 80 or 20. I am aiming for about a 7 or 8 arrival.

BMFScout
09-30-2008, 09:35 AM
It's a race!!!

Sorry I'm all jacked up on coffee and want to see Fred race someone after reading his new camaro thread!!

FJAggie07
09-30-2008, 09:49 AM
It's a race!!!

Sorry I'm all jacked up on coffee and want to see Fred race someone after reading his new camaro thread!!

:laughing: :laughing:

Winner gets to crack the first Beer of the night :gigem:

Also on the menu for the Weekend is my very special drink called Wheeler's Campfire Lemonade. Been known to make more than a few pass out in front of a BMRA camp ring and also been responsible for more than one flop in Clyde's Crack. :gigem: It is a strange little concoction made right before a night run of tequila, lemons, limes, sugar, ice and a pickle jar, and the night run shakes it and blends it to make goodness. I'll save it for Saturday night.

Fredo
09-30-2008, 01:46 PM
This campfire lemonade sounds interesting. I'm not a big fan of night wheeling to be honest with you, but it's been about 7 years since that horrible night run/recovery in Las Cruces. I might be convinced to revisit this idea.

I'm ready to go wheeling now. I think I should quit my job, sell off all my crap except for my scout and just go live in the mountains. Work sucks.

FJAggie07
09-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Well BMRA has put a strict new policy on no wheeling after 10, so there won't be much... :(

agjohn02
09-30-2008, 02:45 PM
didnt think that was new.

FJAggie07
09-30-2008, 03:25 PM
They have had the 10 oclock curfew for just about a year, but about a month ago a whole bunch of drama went down with Lawton (the ass of a manager) chasing people off the main roads after 10 and calling the sheriffs on a lady who came to the bathroom to pee driving a Tahoe, acusing her of wheeling. I think they have it all sorted it out now, but I keep myself in camp after 10.

agjohn02
09-30-2008, 03:43 PM
its been there since right after he showed up i think. definitely longer than a year. i remember a big stink about it a couple years ago it seems.

FJAggie07
09-30-2008, 04:01 PM
its been there since right after he showed up i think. definitely longer than a year. i remember a big stink about it a couple years ago it seems.

At the most a year and a half. I have been wheeling that place religiously since I graduated and moved up here and the curfew got put in place about that time.

EDIT: doesn't matter, the point was he just now started calling the Sherriff this past summer and I like to cover my ass when I have the possibility of having the cops called on me.

jerryg79
09-30-2008, 04:04 PM
i hate to continue a frivolous argument/agree w/ cax, but there was a big to-do about it on the lonestar board when it first went down, and that board has been dead for like 3 yrs.

FJAggie07
09-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks for letting me try and drop it birthday boy.

Ok ok ok the curfew has been around alot longer than i remember. He is calling the cops now (however gay that is) so you wont catch me out of camp past 10. Thanks and :gigem:

jerryg79
09-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks for letting me try and drop it birthday boy.

Ok ok ok the curfew has been around alot longer than i remember. He is calling the cops now (however gay that is) so you wont catch me out of camp past 10. Thanks and :gigem:

started before your edit;)

and don't give me no crap about my bday! for almost half my bday month, i didnt have power and im spending my birthday proper studying for tests and doing group projects.

Back to the wheeling!

davido
09-30-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm out guys. I haven't worked on my poopbox at all, so I'm going to kill birds instead. I'm still hoping for Katemcy.

Agrvr
10-01-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm out. Client called from London today. Flying in Friday and needs to make a decision over the weekend on something so I'll be trapped in Midtown Saturday and Sunday doing that.

And I finished the Range Rover today...drove it home earlier to start packing everything up. Guess I need to make plans to go play with you guys more often...apparently that's all I need to do to get busy.

Fredo
10-02-2008, 01:39 AM
Dave, I didn't even know you were considering it, so no biggy.

Kollins....you suck. No, really, work comes first unfortunately. I'm supposed be be going wheeling next weekend as well if you still want to try and get some wheeling in. Binder guys are having the piss-poorly put together Texas IH round-up next weekend.

In other news, Lurch is ready, and in rumble mode. No cracking my fiberglass halfcab this time.

DRAGOONRANCH
10-02-2008, 01:48 AM
that sure is a purrty fence ya got thar....

Fredo
10-02-2008, 06:00 PM
As it looks right now, this is the group as far as I know. Pretty slim pickin's

Arriving friday night:
Me
Chris
Flem

Arriving early saturday morning:
My buddy Casey
Jason Kelly with the Cheerookee

Questions:
Chris, do I need to bring a generator? What are we going to run off of it?
What about firewood? Are we going to need/want some?
Why isn't it friday afternoon now?

Fredo
10-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Revised, revised list.

Chris
Me
Jason

awesome.

FJAggie07
10-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Wow....

Well I ain't bailing. I am wheeling. I will meet some kind of new people tonight.

Fredo
10-03-2008, 01:18 PM
It's a little late for bailing, I'm already loaded and have the whole setup sitting here at work.

FJAggie07
10-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Had a great time Fred and Jason. Light turn out, but beer was drank, wheeling was done, dent's happened, tree's came in contact with, two of us almost rolled, and Lurch's midget somehow produced an offspring that now resides in the back right quarter panel of the FJC. I gotta figure out how to fix that.

Memorable quotes for the weekend are as follows:

"That's Bad JuJu."
"IT'S A BEE!"
"I didn't know whether to jerk-off or be disgusted."
"Man those flames sure are funky..."

Fredo
10-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Good times indeed. Glad I got to put a face with the name on the board. Just so you know, we all missed out on going to Tommy's place saturday night. When I drove out there this morning, I realized you take a right out of barnwell and he's like 7-8 miles up that road. Real close. After seeing the 5100sq ft house that was clearly designed around entertaining/parties, and seeing the massive amounts of food/beer he keeps stockpiled, it is very clear that he likes to entertain. After two hours of hanging out and bull****ting, he said we should definitely plan to come out there next time.

agjohn02
10-06-2008, 09:03 AM
if a memorable quote is made in the woods, but no one was there to hear it, is it really memorable?

FJAggie07
10-06-2008, 10:00 AM
if a memorable quote is made in the woods, but no one was there to hear it, is it really memorable?

oh at least one of us will remember it in the future to give the other ****. :gigem:

Hey Fred, I was wondering if you could either post up or send me the pics of my dents. I need to send them over to the Body shop to get a quote on repair of all the dents. I think it is time for retirement of the FJC. :(

Fredo
10-06-2008, 10:07 AM
ooohhh, I see what you did there. You see, it's funny 'cause the turnout was extremely low for this trip and you see, he used a classic conundrum and modified it to apply to the subject at hand. Bravo John...Bravo.

Fredo
10-06-2008, 10:22 AM
oh at least one of us will remember it in the future to give the other ****. :gigem:

Hey Fred, I was wondering if you could either post up or send me the pics of my dents. I need to send them over to the Body shop to get a quote on repair of all the dents. I think it is time for retirement of the FJC. :(

**** off! I even admitted as soon as I said it, that it was probably the gayest way I could have announced the presence of a bee. :flipoff2:

Yeah, I didn't get a chance to download the camera last night. I'll do it tonight and get them to you.

FJAggie07
10-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Thank you kind sir. If you want to email them so you don't have to post the pictures of the other vehicles ;) then you can send them to c brown @ replacement source.com

Fredo
10-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Oh, I'll just post them. I'm not embarrassed about Lurch's new "dent". Like I said, I'll post them tonight when I get home.

Reckless
10-06-2008, 02:50 PM
nothing a plunger cant fix

Fredo
10-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah, actually this is a little beyond the realm of the plunger.

FJAggie07
10-06-2008, 04:16 PM
I gotta wonder if my dents will pop out since I know about jack poop about body work...

Fredo
10-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Here ya go.

jerryg79
10-06-2008, 06:50 PM
explain the dents?

Sharpe
10-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Damn Fred :laughing: Lemme guess, side rolled into a tree and had to drive out of it?

Fredo
10-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Driver's side had the wall break out from under the tires, slid into it, then couldn't find a tree close enough to winch to, so I had to drive out backwards.

TMatheaus
10-06-2008, 07:17 PM
damn fred, you break your window

Seth
10-06-2008, 07:31 PM
NICE! gonna lose the doors or swap one on? or leave it?

Fredo
10-06-2008, 07:38 PM
The glass actually survived. The door still latches and the inside latch still functions, but the window won't roll up. I think the regulator is wedged between the damage and the glass itself. I'll probably swap another door on just for the functionality of the outside door handle.

AggieTJ2007
10-07-2008, 07:44 AM
kinda looks like you let rowdy drive

J Cooper
10-07-2008, 07:52 AM
kinda looks like you let rowdy drive

is that the excuse you use for your jeep also? :flipoff2:

DRAGOONRANCH
10-07-2008, 08:06 AM
is that the excuse you use for your jeep also? :flipoff2:

Who do you think taught rowdy to drive?!!!!?!!!!! :gigem:

Reckless
10-07-2008, 12:09 PM
This is true

FJAggie07
10-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Turns out this trip was a blessing. Taking the FJC down to the body shop today, already filed a claim on the insurance, these dents allow me enough body damage to make it worth while to pay my deductible and have it fixed. Whoopty doo!!!

Looks like The FJC is going into early retirement. Need to find me a new rig seeing as how this one will be all pretty now.

Fredo
10-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Good to hear man. How long did they say it would take? I would guess unless they are just slammed, you'll have it back friday or monday.

FJAggie07
10-15-2008, 05:00 PM
Gonna have to replace the drivers side fender and do a lot of work on that right rear quarter panel. Also can't buff out most of the scratches is what they say so i don't know how much work they will put into it. If they end up charging state farm between 3 and 4 thousand I will be a happy camper :gigem:

DRAGOONRANCH
10-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Why not just get a check cut and SAS dat biatch!!!

FJAggie07
10-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Not enough money and I think she might be going up for sale after I get her all pretty again...

DRAGOONRANCH
10-16-2008, 08:51 AM
You keep selling off all your rigs, we'll have you in a domestic (read:chevy) in no time. :D

FJAggie07
10-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Baby steps baby steps. How bout a Chevy powered toyota? a chevota?

jerryg79
10-16-2008, 09:07 AM

toyotalet. say it fast it sounds mexican.

DRAGOONRANCH
10-16-2008, 09:14 AM
and you can say it two ways, toy-yo-ta-let, and toy-yo-talay!!!

jerryg79
10-16-2008, 09:21 AM
and you can say it two ways, toy-yo-ta-let, and toy-yo-talay!!!

i was referring to the latter:gigem:

DRAGOONRANCH
10-16-2008, 09:25 AM
If it has anything to do with a 'yota, then I believe the first would be more appropraite. ;)

http://scienceblogs.com/clock/upload/2007/03/squat-toilet.jpg

8Runner
10-16-2008, 10:27 AM

Been there, done that.

FJAggie07
10-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Updation on my truck... Ended up pulling out every dent and repainting the entire thing. This thing is going to look brand stinking new when she comes out of the shop.

Dents popped out and skin applied...
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/working3.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/working5.jpg

Base coat applied, wish I could leave it flat black...
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/CBROWNPAINT005.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/CBROWNPAINT004.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/CBROWNPAINT001.jpg

Metallic paint...hmmmm...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/PAINT008.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/PAINT010.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/PAINT006.jpg

Just to be wet sanded back down again...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/colorsand2.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/colorsand3.jpg

Should pick her up in a day or two.

KrazyKarl02
10-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Damn, looks good, how much did they pound out the dent before applying the bondo?

jerryg79
10-26-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm sure its in this thread, but did they ever figure out the fender-cracking problems on these trucks? Is it fixed in the newer models?

Any complaints or information on things to look out for?

FJAggie07
10-26-2008, 11:19 PM
The fenders would bulge and then crack when wheeled hard and over three hundred pounds on the front end (bumper and winch). The frame flexes unbelievable amounts. Toyota never confirmed the issue but it seems to have fixed itself after mid 08 models. It also happened on a lot of Land Cruiser Prado's (same frame and suspension) over seas.

FJAggie07
10-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Damn, looks good, how much did they pound out the dent before applying the bondo?

I don't know much about body work so i am just the messenger on this, but they said they spot welded something into the dents and then pulled them out, and then applied the bondo. If I had known the needed to repaint the entire truck I might have gone with a different color but I doubt it. I want to be able to sell it some day.

FJAggie07
10-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Today Update...

Silver things painted:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/finalpaint1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/finalpaint2.jpg

Black things painted:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/finalpaint3.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/finalpaint4.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/finalpaint5.jpg

Painted on truck because bolts rusted (or cross threaded...)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/finalpaint6.jpg

Waiting for approval to pull rear door glass... they must be removed to install blackout tape. New blackout tape on front door glass run channel:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Aggie/finalpaint7.jpg

Sharpe
10-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Blackout tape?

uglyota
10-27-2008, 02:05 PM
can't say nobody saw this coming :flipoff2:

but on another, sadder note I am now really sorry I didn't fly down for this. Only three people there? With two last names? Did you call Austin? There would have been a few more memorable quotes for sure!

FJAggie07
10-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Blackout tape?

yeah it is the plastic around the windows.

on another note, decided to paint the bezel white to match the look of the old 40's. I think it is going to be a nice addition. :gigem:

BMFScout
10-27-2008, 02:41 PM
looks good, make sure you yank the TAMOR sticker before you sell it, ;)

FJAggie07
10-27-2008, 02:53 PM
I am not selling it any time soon.

FJAggie07
10-30-2008, 02:12 PM
She is out of the shop.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/Lucille/CIMG0715.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/Lucille/CIMG0709.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/Lucille/CIMG0727.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/Lucille/CIMG0713.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/Lucille/CIMG0708.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/Lucille/CIMG0734.jpg

And that is how she sits today, completely repainted, bumpers, sliders, mirrors and handles painted, dents popped out and ALL plastic pieces completely replaced.

Fredo
10-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Sweet! Let's go run Houston Creek Trail again!

FJAggie07
10-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Sounds good, I will be driving the Taco. :flipoff2:

8Runner
10-30-2008, 10:39 PM
purty!

JeepPhisherman
10-31-2008, 07:57 AM
So did insurance pay for everything?

FJAggie07
10-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Everything except my deductible. :D