PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new ride

rockfrawg
07-31-2008, 05:32 PM
i'm gonna be car shopping w/ my mom tomorrow and saturday. Her `94 suburban has been having issues...it just rolled over 200,000 miles. the starter acts up, wipers work when they want to, the a/c compressor froze up yesterday (sparks and smoke and lots of noise and all that drama) and the truck makes enough popping and creaking noises that you know its got that many miles on it.

even tho gas prices suck, she works from home, doesnt do a lot of driving anymore and wants to get another suburban to have room to haul the grandkids around along w/ everyone else (the 8-9 passenger variety). i've mostly been looking in the 2002-2006 range because that seems to fit the budget ($10-15K). while we're out looking, is there anything specific that I should be looking out for? common problems, etc with GM trucks of that era? we'll definitely be looking under 80,000 miles but hopefully closer to 50,000.

JB
07-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Fuel pump are still loud and usually go at 100k. Leather starts looking bad too on the ones I have seen