PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy/price performance parts?

BigRedFord04
11-13-2002, 12:06 AM
WhoreWheelParts, Summit and Jegs seem to be the only places i can think of...i'm lookin' to price a cam kit since they're only like $20 more with lifters than if i just bought the lifters by themselves thru work. Any other suggestions?

Fredo
11-13-2002, 12:10 AM
www.racenet.net might have some stuff for that motor if it uses the same cam as a 5Liter mustang...worth a look at least.

mudtoy67
11-13-2002, 12:17 AM
Can't yall get pretty good prices on cam kits through Oreilly? I know Jose was looking at getting an RV cam for his 360 and it was a pretty cheap price.

BigRedFord04
11-13-2002, 12:41 AM
i think they're all about the same, just depends on whether i want to pay shipping or tax. cant hurt to shop around.

davido
11-13-2002, 02:50 PM
Jegs and Summit are pretty much the same. Jegs was real easy to work with. Free shipping. When I forgot to add a speedo to my online order, I called to see if they could add it. I just told her that I had just placed a $$$ order online and I'd rather it was added to that order since it was free shipping. She said, "I can't add it, but I'll just waive the shipping on this one". Done deal. The speedo actually made it here two days in front of the first order.

Both of them kick the crap out of O'Reilly's employee COSTS when I was looking at my gauges. I wouldnt' know about cams.

~dso