PDA

View Full Version : Free to Good Home, Jake the Dog.

FJAggie07
09-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Well here he is Jake the Dog:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/Jake%20and%20Honey/DSCN1345.jpg

Now Jake is a great dog that we adopted about 9 months ago to save him from being put down. They found him wandering the streets of Lewisville with no collar, tags, or chip. We found him at the pound the day before he was scheduled to be put down and couldn't let that happen. We decided to adopt him until we found a time to get him into a proper home. We took him home and he was already house trained, and knew sit, stay, and shake. I was pretty impressed to say the least. He was also VERY skinny and not very well nourished. Seemed he had been neglected.

Well 9 months later I have him fattened up on Iams, loving life and just being an all around happy dog. He doesn't chew on shoes or any personal belongings, but focuses all attention on Rope toys and Kongs. We got him fixed and chipped and current on all vaccinations. He also is no longer racist, I have been working that out of him too by being around plenty of nice people from a number of different races.

He is 90 lbs, and all we know is he has Great Pyrenees in him. He is a bit of a herding dog, so he likes to patrol the house to make sure nothing is a miss, and he really likes to lay some place where he can keep an eye on everyone in the family. He is wonderful with Honey (our yellow lab) and if we have to keep him we will, we would just like to find a good home for him. We like being the foster parents.

Please reply in this thread or send me a PM or reply in this thread if you have questions or are interested.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/Jake%20and%20Honey/DSCN1341.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/Jake%20and%20Honey/DSCN1349.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/Jake%20and%20Honey/DSCN0071.jpg

Sharpe
09-04-2008, 05:32 PM
He also is no longer racist, I have been working that out of him too by being around plenty of nice people from a number of different races.

Dealbreaker

Seth
09-04-2008, 10:24 PM
He kinda reminds me of bear, ortiz's old dog.

I just realized that there are only a few folks who have any clue what im talking about, but he was a good one who didn't get a fair deal.

CRaSHnBuRN
09-05-2008, 03:51 PM
A guy I work with is interested in the dog. His name is Roger and you can call him at 832-247-8275

Fredo
09-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Is that a full grown lab next to him?

FJAggie07
09-05-2008, 04:21 PM
She is full grown, but only 55 lbs. she is a very small Lab.

FJAggie07
09-05-2008, 04:22 PM
A guy I work with is interested in the dog. His name is Roger and you can call him at 832-247-8275

Would you vouch for the guy? Do you think he would be in a good home? Sorry for being inquisitive I just care for the big lug and want to make sure he goes to a good home.

BMFScout
09-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Fred, go pick him up. We need a jogging partner...

FJAggie07
09-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Fred, go pick him up. We need a jogging partner...

Funny you should mention that. I went running with him a couple of times and I think he must have been somebody's jogging partner before because as soon i started jogging he tucked in to about an inch away from my body and stayed with my stride no matter how fast or slow i went with a slack leash. Never seen a dog do that...

CRaSHnBuRN
09-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Would you vouch for the guy? Do you think he would be in a good home? Sorry for being inquisitive I just care for the big lug and want to make sure he goes to a good home.

I'm sorry, I forgot about this until the guy came by and asked about the dog again. I only know him through work, but I talked to a few people that know him outside of work, and they said he is a good guy. He apparently has a pretty big yard for the dog as well.

FJAggie07
09-10-2008, 09:11 PM
We talked to Roger tonight. Might have to make a roadtrip to Houston to deliver a dog. :)

CRaSHnBuRN
09-11-2008, 06:06 PM
good to hear. I found out he's the one who takes care of our shop dog Flex, and for shop dog, he's the fatest, happiest dog I've ever seen