PDA

View Full Version : Part Stores

xjadam
09-19-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm new to the College Station and was wondering if there are any aftermarket part stores in the area. I know we have Oreilly's and Napa but am curious to know what else is around.

What about salvage yards are there any of those you could recommend?

robertf03
09-19-2008, 08:53 AM
The Napa on 2818 is one of the best parts stores I've ever been to. The salvage yards here kind of suck. They have really ****ty hours and don't seem too concerned with actually making money or thinning inventory.

I don't know what aftermarket parts you want, but these days nobody keeps inventory and has to order everything so just skip the middleman and order it online.

mudtoy67
09-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Eaker Performance in Bryan - 2210 Maloney. He keeps a pretty decent stock of aftermarket parts and can get just about anything.

Seth
09-19-2008, 02:25 PM
I'll second Napa on 2818. What specifically are you looking for? Online is the way to go many times. Also, there are some specialty places around town, depending on what you are looking for.

BMFScout
09-19-2008, 02:32 PM
If you talk to the guys at Napa and tell them you heard there was a discount for the Sports Car Club and the Off-Road Club, they should knock a little off.

TexTJ209
09-19-2008, 03:25 PM
The guys at the O'Reillys on University are pretty good too, although make sure you don't talk to the Oompa Loompa chick named Penny.

Oh, and A&Ms (I get it while not at work) discount is badass. :gigem:

xjadam
09-19-2008, 04:08 PM
There's a Napa in my hometown (McKinney) they know their stuff and are pretty good about getting parts, I've found O'reilly has better prices but generally they don't know their stuff as well/have time to talk. Does any abody have experience with the Jeep dealer here?

The next thing I'm planning on getting is swaybar disconnects. I'd planned on getting those online but just was curious to know what's around.

nothing I needed in particular from a salvage yard but it's good to know where they're at depending on what part you're chasing.

bcolman
09-19-2008, 04:16 PM
i am partial to oreillys, but i guess that is just because i get the employee discount :flipoff2:

RCcola55
09-19-2008, 04:34 PM
make them.

Shaggy
09-19-2008, 05:12 PM
if you need any kind of part chances are one of us has a pile of them laying around getting in our way. It never hurts to ask. Second hand discounts are usually good.

TexTJ209
09-19-2008, 05:13 PM
There's a Napa in my hometown (McKinney) they know their stuff and are pretty good about getting parts, I've found O'reilly has better prices but generally they don't know their stuff as well/have time to talk. Does any abody have experience with the Jeep dealer here?

The next thing I'm planning on getting is swaybar disconnects. I'd planned on getting those online but just was curious to know what's around.

nothing I needed in particular from a salvage yard but it's good to know where they're at depending on what part you're chasing.

Bossier? They're useless.

robertf03
09-20-2008, 04:49 AM
Bossier? They're useless.

i needed an oil dipstick tube for an amc 360 once and bossier pulled out the dustiest artifact I've ever seen. It sure was a jenyoowine amc dipstick tube.

TexTJ209
09-20-2008, 10:17 AM
i needed an oil dipstick tube for an amc 360 once and bossier pulled out the dustiest artifact I've ever seen. It sure was a jenyoowine amc dipstick tube.

Luck I'd say then. Normally when you get an AMC dipstick nowadays they give you the gay Mopar one thats close, but not quite and doesn't fit.

DRAGOONRANCH
09-21-2008, 09:16 PM
if you need any kind of part chances are one of us has a pile of them laying around getting in our way. It never hurts to ask. Second hand discounts are usually good.

and I hear there is a guy that now lives in SA that has a huge pile of parts he trys to pass off as a project that you could probably rob if needed. :flipoff2:

Shaggy
09-22-2008, 06:17 PM
never heard of him