PDA

View Full Version : MMET's

CRaSHnBuRN
02-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Since this place has been hacked and I can post again, I might as well spam the place while I have the chance :flipoff2:

If you are a MMET (or anyone else with a engineering or construction background) and need a job now or at graduation, send me your resume at chris.feller@oilstates. The group I work in is getting hammered with new jobs right now, and we need to effectively double our size in order to keep up with the demand.

robertf03
02-05-2009, 01:39 PM
summer internships? doing what?

73bronco
02-05-2009, 01:44 PM
what division are you in? I'm graduating in May and as of yet have no job

CRaSHnBuRN
02-05-2009, 01:57 PM
summer internships? doing what?

perhaps, I would have to check with my boss on the internships. We didn't do any last year, but we did it the year before. Send me a resume and I'll check into it.

We have several divisions, but I currently build offshore pipeline equipment, and this seems to be the sector thats growing the most. If you're familar with the lingo we build things like running tools, male end closures, plets, plems, collect connectors, dual gripping seals, male hubs, etc. The starting position is called a shop planner. You split your time between the office and the shops, taking care of problems that arrise and making sure the job flows smoothly. Its very hands on, but if you prefer to spend your entire day staring at a computer, its probably not the place for you. We have quite a few MMETs working here, and both the head of manufacturing and project management are A&M MMET grads.

uglyota
02-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Garret I thought you wanted to move up here...if you would consider Houston I need to put you in touch with my uncle.

CRaSHnBuRN
02-05-2009, 02:14 PM
what division are you in? I'm graduating in May and as of yet have no job

Pipeline.

So how is the job market for everyone who is about to graduate? I know alot of the people I talk to say they are hurting, but it seems like the jobs just keep piling up for us. We're building alot of stuff for Brazil and Africa right now

73bronco
02-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Garret I thought you wanted to move up here...if you would consider Houston I need to put you in touch with my uncle.

I do want to move up there, just haven't heard anything yet from the companies I've applied to, Houston isn't really my ideal place by far but if I can't find anything I'll have to take what I can get

So how is the job market for everyone who is about to graduate? I know alot of the people I talk to say they are hurting, but it seems like the jobs just keep piling up for us. We're building alot of stuff for Brazil and Africa right now

Job market sucks right now, half the companies at the career fair weren't even hiring or they had very few openings

TexTJ209
02-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Shot you an email.

eight
02-05-2009, 10:46 PM
I have a lead for an MMET. It's with a small company that does system design and also inspection work. Don't remember a whole lot else except something about designing water injection systems. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Reckless
02-06-2009, 01:56 AM
Ive got experience with water and co2 injection systems, (multi vane pumps and motors)