PDA

View Full Version : Wheelers for the Wounded

FJAggie07
02-19-2009, 11:29 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/Valkyrie610/Military/woundedwarrior.jpg

http://www.wheelersforthewounded.com/index.htm

Honestly this is probably the event that I will be most conflicted on going to this year. This is an unbelievably amazing cause and I will not want to miss TCC for this but I may have to.

Wheelers for the Wounded (WFTW) is an organization with the primary mission of providing a weekend of off-roading, camping, and in some cases fishing, to our country's wounded military members all over the United States. This will provide them with much deserved fun and excitement as they traverse the most extreme terrain our great country has to offer in a variety of the best off-road capable vehicles ever built.

On the weekend of April 4-5, 2009, the WFTW program will begin in Florida. From there, the founder will travel around the country attending other WFTW events. Along the way, members of off-road clubs all across the United States will host over 20 special events for the brave men and women and accompany them on the trails in their area. Riding with the groups will give the wounded service members an opportunity to ride along in a variety of modified off-road vehicles, which will surely bring smiles to the faces of our esteemed passengers. At nightfall, they will camp out in the most beautiful parks and forests in the country. This will continue until September 27, 2009.

To increase the sensation that an open-air vehicle provides, a brand new 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon has been purchased. The doors will be removed, which will benefit those who have lost partial eyesight and/or hearing, a common result of I.E.D., E.F.P., rocket and mortar attacks.

The secondary mission of the WFTW program is to increase awareness about our country's men and women in uniform in the hope others will do something nice for our service members. Finally, our last mission is to raise money for military based charities so that the effects of the WFTW organization will be felt long after the program has come to an end.

This is not a political website in support of one party or another, or in support of past wars or the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, or against them. The only support here is for the American men and women in the armed services.

Below is the vehicle the founder will drive during the program. It's currently being heavily modified by Overbuilt Customs of Jacksonville, Florida. The vehicle will tow a custom trailer being built by Outlander Trailers.

http://www.wheelersforthewounded.com/images/IMG_1067.jpg

The event for Texas is being co sponsored by TTORA and TTR (my club that I am most involved in).

FJAggie07
02-25-2009, 02:32 PM
UPDATE : Looks like this event is going to be moved to Oct. as not to compete with too many things in April. Can someone delete the date out of the Thread Title?

uglyota
02-25-2009, 02:43 PM
you could delete the thread and make a new one with the right date, but maybe you don't want to lose everybody's responses to this thread?
:flipoff2:

DRAGOONRANCH
02-25-2009, 03:03 PM
It would put a dent in his post count.

redcagepatrol
02-25-2009, 03:59 PM
yep - they had the fund raiser for the event recently at Boulder Creek - I believe that I posted that up for everyone.

FJAggie07
02-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah I know the overwhelming responses to helping our Vets...

I kid I kid!