PDA

View Full Version : French-Speaking Diesel Mechanic

uglyota
04-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Srsly. To volunteer to live in a poor village in Haiti for a month or so and fix stuff. Anybody have an idea where one would go about looking for such a person?

My Dad's been going to some village in Haiti for a week at a time on mission trips, they're building a hospital and a school and who knows what else, but he said on this last trip they spent the entire week working on diesel gensets and an old F-350, and that there was nobody anywhere nearby that knew how to mechanic.

Any of you guys familiar with maybe a volunteer/charity network of offroading or diesel enthusiasts where he might scrape someone up?

BMFScout
04-30-2009, 12:46 PM
I don't know dick about diesels, think I could collect unemployment from Haiti? They have pig flu there? I also don't parlay-voo-fran-say

uglyota
04-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Fuel and air, mang. Get an English-French translation book and we'll propose to my Dad to set you up with a salary + expenses.

DRAGOONRANCH
04-30-2009, 01:03 PM
I bet you could get some good grass down there though!!!`

jerryg79
04-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Haiti is the black side of the Dominican republic jimmy. In the DR they use Haitians like we use mexicans. All the haitians i saw looked pretty angry.

BMFScout
04-30-2009, 01:31 PM
It'd make for a lot of cool stories I bet.