PDA

View Full Version : the five star aggie motel

Graystroke
05-27-2009, 11:41 PM
my Dad picked this up last week from a friend. has some cool history. I plan on dragging it to a few games.
Fred, Jimmy...he bought it from that guy who is next to us at Decatur that sells the speedway stuff.
There was a Ford sticker on the door...I made Dad pull it off :)
No idea who Greg Morris is, but it is in loving memory of him. There is also a ghost image of some stuff like a fireman's hat and an outline of Minnesota (best I can tell) on the nose.
We're gonna save the back window..maybe I can get a vinyl one made like people use to put on the back windows of their P/U's?
pretty good shape overall.
****ter needs attention.
Mahogany ply cabinets. needs a little TLC here and there.
We ordered the polishing kit to make it shine like an airplane.

Graystroke
05-27-2009, 11:41 PM
cool flag it came w/...ready for the races!

oh yeah, I think it is around a 1965 model. It's a 22' Safari.

Sharpe
05-28-2009, 12:50 AM
That interior is in suprisingly good shape for being so old. Are those turds aluminum or stainless? If they are aluminum I would highly recomend anything made by Alcoa. Its probably overpriced but back when I gave a **** about such things they had the best aluminum wheel cleaner and polish I knew of.

mudtoy67
05-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Cool!

jerryg79
05-28-2009, 07:37 AM
i would change the name to "stabbin cabin" but that's just me. Then I would stand at the door and get chicks to come in as long as they properly answered the question "How old do I look" Then i would scream out "Still got it", and let them in, completely bypassing the "How old are you?" question.

Pretty sweet. Also, i would ride around in the back while someone was driving like that old mickey mouse cartoon.

Graystroke
05-28-2009, 08:11 AM
That interior is in suprisingly good shape for being so old. Are those turds aluminum or stainless? If they are aluminum I would highly recomend anything made by Alcoa. Its probably overpriced but back when I gave a **** about such things they had the best aluminum wheel cleaner and polish I knew of.

they are all aluminum. even the interior skin is aluminum w/ a paint called zolatone or something on it.
it also has an aluminum belly pan and is completely smooth.
they are pretty light.

Graystroke
05-28-2009, 08:13 AM
i would change the name to "stabbin cabin" but that's just me.

i don't have a name for it...I was just trying to one up faggie w/ the thread title!:flipoff2:

BMFScout
05-28-2009, 08:32 AM
sweet

Graystroke
05-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Update:
Dad came over this morning and said Leah and I could have it. He bought a newer model land yacht on Ebay yesterday and is going to Atlanta to pick it up....something about he is hitting the road and going to yellowstone and Glacier for a month. Cool beans for me.

FJAggie07
05-28-2009, 10:25 AM
i don't have a name for it...I was just trying to one up faggie w/ the thread title!:flipoff2:

Oh you got me by 4 Stars. That is pretty sweet Grayson!

uglyota
05-28-2009, 10:45 AM
that is freakin cool. Speed week is august 8-14 this year. I think you know what you have to do...