PDA

View Full Version : Ford dana 60 and sterling rear 4.10's

stx4wheeler
06-28-2009, 07:26 PM
I have a dana 60 front that originally came out of a 1989 ford f-350. I have fully rebuilt the axle and converted it to use ford's radius arm suspension(used in f-100,f-150, and fullsize bronco's from 1976-1979) setup which uses coils springs. This axle would be perfect for someone with a late 70's ford who wants to swap to 1-ton axles with very little work. It would also be perfect for someone looking to swap a soild axle into their bronco or f-150. You could also remove the radius arm wedges and lower trac bar mounts since they have been welded on, and convert it back to a leaf sprung setup. The axle was built in the middle of 2007 using all new parts. I has been sitting in my covered garage for almost the last year. Specs below

Specs:

1989 ford dana 60 front king pin
4.10 ratio
welded carrier
New master install kit that includes all new bearings for the gears
New Inner axle seals
New calipers/rotors/pads/ hard brake lines/ Seals
New wheel bearings
New u-joints installed in both driver and passengerside axle shafts
New king pins
New hi-steer arm on passengerside so that crossover steering can be used
New arp heavy duty studs for the hi- steer arm
Knuckles drilled out to use 3/4 heims
New radius arm wedges from jeffs bronco graveyard
New spindle mounting studs
Axle has tabs for hydro assist
Has custom lower trac bar mount

Bad
THIS AXLE WILL NOT COME WITH THE STEERING OR TRAC -BAR THAT IS PICTURED
Also there is a dent in the front differential cover that does not affect the gears, and can probably be pounded out .

Also i will throw in the a matching sterling 10.25 rear end with 4.10 gears, and a welded carrier. Drums were turned and new shoes installed when the front axle was built.

Also, i have a set of factory ford radius arms that have been plated for strength and lengthened 12" and use a 1" heim, along with the mounts for the frame that these require. a set of 6 inch super flex coils.

$1350 for the front and rear

stx4wheeler
07-10-2009, 06:18 PM
1150 for the pair

stx4wheeler
08-09-2009, 10:17 PM
sold with the radius arms thanks to coop and karl for helping load the heavy bastards.

KrazyKarl02
08-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Keep an eye out for them on Craigslist in about a year, it will be listed with some piles of a 68 bronco.