PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1967 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40

FJAggie07
08-31-2009, 09:55 AM
Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ40-1967-Land-Cruiser-Rockcrawler-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ120464225629QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS _Cars_Trucks?hash=item1c0c3a355d&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245)

Posting for a friend. Out of the Box badass wheeler. Prolly has more money than I want to think about wrapped up in this thing.

Time to get off the porch and run with the Big Dogs!! … or crawl … or jump!!

She’s crawled Rubicon, Moab, Black Hills, Katemcy, Clayton, FlatNasty, Tellico, etc, etc.

She’s jumped Pismo, Florence, Glamis, Sand Mountain, Little Sahara, etc, etc.

I’ve owned her 18 years and went from mild to wild along the way. If you’re active in the Toyota Land Cruiser Association then chances are you’ve seen her somewhere.

STRONG 4-bolt main 350 small block. Competition Cam with aluminum Corvette heads. Built by an ex-drag racing buddy of mine a decade or more ago. Very broad power band. Fenderwell headers ceramic coated inside and out. Carb … that’s right a carb. Sweetest one I’ve ever known. Huge aluminum radiator with electric fans and massive shroud around engine fan. Doesn’t overheat.

SM420 tranny, Atlas 4-1 transfer case. Narrowed front Dana 60 with 5.13’s and ARB. Narrowed and shaved rear 14-bolt with 5.13’s and a Detroit. Front and rear 3-link wishbone suspension with coils designed and built by the now defunct WMS in Oklahoma back in their hay-day. Full hydraulic steering. 42” IROKS on MRT beadlocks.

Roll cage goes to the frame and is very solid. Very comfortable bucket seats with full harnesses. Custom aluminum dash with oil-filled gauges that all work. Floorboard has been rhino-lined. Engine-mounted air compressor and (2) 2.5 gallon storage tanks will run impact guns. Onboard welder currently doesn’t work due to alternator failure at last event. Need to send it to Marlin for a rebuild. Spare alternator installed now. Fiberglass hood that’s beat pretty good … along with the rest of the sheetmetal. Nice rear storage drawer with cooler rack. Warn HS9500i winch with rope. PIAA lights. Dual Optima batteries behind seats with marine isolator switch.

Trail spares included:

42" IROK on non-beadlock MRT wheel, welding supplies, (2) lower links, front and rear driveshafts, tie rod, (2) front coil springs, steering ram with hoses, bad alternator,spare belts, starter, and some misc.

Odometer shows 3674 miles since I rewired it about 12 years ago. That’s a lot of trails. She’s registered and insured to be legal and she’ll go down the road at about 45 mph once you get used to the steering but that’s only to get to the next trail. Bring your car trailer to get this one (or buy one of the two I have on ebay).

Clear Texas title.

This baby is stout, reliable, runs great, and sounds great. I am forced to sell all my toys. My loss is your gain. Bid with confidence, it’s a sweet rig.

Located in NE Texas in the town of Telephone, TX (75488). I travel for a living so buyer needs to contact me at auction close to arrange a mutual schedule for taking delivery and get a shipping address to send deposit. I will accept cash or a cashier’s check ONLY for payment. $125 required within 72 hours of auction close, balance to be paid at time of delivery. Simple enough. Thanks for looking.