PDA

View Full Version : JB's House Build

JB
09-03-2009, 03:51 AM
I really did not think this house would need much after moving in, and it really doesn't I guess, but a stroll through Home Depot made me realize that I could spend alot of money real quick if I had it. The only thing I have done so far is replace the tacky gold door hardware on all the interior doors with some Schlage satin nickel hardware. I get the carpet steamed tomorrow. I have no eye for paint colors at all but have a gf and a mother who will probably disagree completely on what to choose.

Garage buildup will come soon. Thinking about floor coatings now. Driveway needs the weeds pulled from where the expansion joints were and then I would like to fill it in with some sealant.

I need to buy non collegeesque furniture, a flat screen wall mount, some nice patio furniture, a grill, and plenty of other **** as well.

The motor for the septic runs 24/7. I will have to take a picture so maybe Cook or Jordan could explain it. It is loud, and I would really like to muffle it so I can enjoy silence on my back porch. Maybe some sort of insulated fake rock.

Here are a couple pics of the property. There is alot of grass to mow. Ignore the chain link, the property goes to the barbed wire.

JB
09-03-2009, 03:53 AM
Sam likes it.

JB
09-03-2009, 03:54 AM
Anyone know what a blue flag with a solid gold star represents? The PO left it on the flagpole.

mudtoy67
09-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Nice place JB!

Ya, that blower for the septic will run all the time. I know some people plant bushes in front of their tanks to hide/quiet them, but you'd have to put some sort of root barrier between the tank and the plant. Park the jeep on top of it!:D

KrazyKarl02
09-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Anyone know what a blue flag with a solid gold star represents? The PO left it on the flagpole.

It is the "Burnet Flag".

http://www.lizmichael.com/aboutbbf.htm

The "Republic of Texas" movement uses it now. If you want I have a psycho, I mean guy who works for me that is involved with them. They make their own license plates and driver's licenses. He also writes "tm" after his name anytime he signs something. About twice a year he spends 3 days in jail for no registration/license, but he says he is truly free and the rest of us are not...

Additionally he can never retire because he figured since he was a member of the republic of Texas, he would not pay federal income tax. Well I guess Texas lets you screw around, but the Fed does not....

sasquatch
09-03-2009, 12:04 PM
air pumps run 24/7 so the aerobic bacteria can effectively eat your doodoo. its probably a carbon vane pump. they are usually loud as ****. it looks like a box with a motor sticking out of it. solution is to get a concrete cover if it doesn't have one, move it away from the house, build **** around it, or replace it with a diaphragm pump ($$).

sasquatch
09-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Park the jeep on top of it!:D

bad idea unless you want the tank to collapse.

Cajun
09-03-2009, 12:13 PM
air pumps run 24/7 so the aerobic bacteria can effectively eat your doodoo. its probably a carbon vane pump. they are usually loud as ****. it looks like a box with a motor sticking out of it. solution is to get a concrete cover if it doesn't have one, move it away from the house, build **** around it, or replace it with a diaphragm pump ($$).

Fire ants love to build mounds around these, and will fawk them up. Keep an eye out for this.

mudtoy67
09-03-2009, 12:18 PM
bad idea unless you want the tank to collapse.

To quote my friend's kid: duh!:flipoff2:

Shaggy
09-03-2009, 05:52 PM
big yard... i dig it

Graystroke
09-03-2009, 06:44 PM
and I would really like to muffle it so I can enjoy silence on my back porch. Maybe some sort of insulated fake rock.

A guy was trying to sell these at our job site. they looked pretty good and they made them big enough to cover pool equipment. you could do that and just poke a pc of pvc through for intake air. I'm betting they are not cheap.

JB
09-03-2009, 08:06 PM

There are two concrete boxes sticking out of the ground. ONe of them has the motor mounted on top of it. It then has a concrete cover over it, but that does not seem to muffle it all that well. OUt of curiosity, how much is a diaphragm pump?

JB
09-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Carpet is going to go. PowerClean came out and said they had just been there last month. Said it had lots of pet urine, and another cleaning would not really help. I appreciated his honesty. I am now on the hunt for new carpet in the bedrooms and some type of wood laminate for the living and kitchen.

JB
09-11-2009, 02:26 AM
What could I expect to pay per sq ft for good carpet? One place in town is telling me 6.50 sq/ft installed, which ends up being way more than I want to spend. It is some good carpet, but damn.

I want something better than just the cut pile stuff.

Graystroke
09-11-2009, 09:04 AM
that sounds really, really high. you can get decent tile or hardwood for that. I pay $6.25 a foot for hand scraped #2 red oak turn key... the real stuff.

savvyaggie
09-11-2009, 01:49 PM
I can replace the air pump on the septic, with a quite one. when it goes out, or now if you please. You will probably also need a maintenance contract for your septic. Just give me a call if you get a letter from the health department about it.

Cajun
09-11-2009, 01:58 PM
that sounds really, really high. you can get decent tile or hardwood for that. I pay $6.25 a foot for hand scraped #2 red oak turn key... the real stuff.

Exactly. I paid less then that for the Australian Cypress we put down in our house in LA.

Shaggy
09-11-2009, 11:25 PM
home depot just dropped their price to $39 total house install on carpet.. plus extra for stairs... good deal and they have cheapish carpet also

JB
09-12-2009, 10:57 AM
home depot just dropped their price to $39 total house install on carpet.. plus extra for stairs... good deal and they have cheapish carpet also

But they have a 3-4 week wait time. I ripped out carpet yesterday.

savvyaggie
09-12-2009, 11:39 AM
But they have a 3-4 week wait time. I ripped out carpet yesterday.

I use a guy by the name of kevin, he does all the installs for carpet handlers, but he also does it on the side. I can give you his number if you like.

mudtoy67
09-12-2009, 12:57 PM
I used to giggle every time I drove by that place on my way to/from work. Carpet Handlers...hehe:D

uglyota
09-14-2009, 09:37 AM
grow up, Brian :rolleyes:

:flipoff2:

JB
09-15-2009, 09:50 AM
It is painted now. Bedrooms, kitchen, and living are SW Softer Tan. Pretty neutral. Guest bath is a blue, and master bath is a bad green that I will probably change.

I got new Schalge entry door hardware on all the doors. I got my workbench built and it turned out pretty nice. I will snap some pics. Still waiting on carpet. Found one I like with upgraded pad, installed, $3.12/ft. That is still higher than I want, but it is in stock and could be done this week. I am going to look at some samples from Lowes today.

Got the DirectTV hooked up and put a cheapo propane grill together. It is getting there.

I am quickly going broke.

FJAggie07
09-15-2009, 10:06 AM
I am quickly going broke.

Welcome to home ownership. It doesn't get better. When the womens want to decorate walls and **** and you see how much that stuff is, it adds up in a hurry. :(

StevenAg03
09-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Welcome to home ownership. It doesn't get better. When the womens want to decorate walls and **** and you see how much that stuff is, it adds up in a hurry. :(

speaking of which.. what the hell is wrong with just plain old walls??? why do i need to put sh!t all over them?? :confused2

Doug Krebs
09-15-2009, 11:02 AM
WTF are ya'll putting on walls that cost so much?

FJAggie07
09-15-2009, 11:11 AM
She wanted pictures, mirrors, fake plants, shelves and they all had to be covered with decorative vases and lamps and picture frames (i.e. all kinds of crap!). Nothing too expensive because I told her it had to come from Ikea or Target (:D) but at 20 bucks a pop for stupid crap, I realized that she spent some money this past year.

FJAggie07
09-15-2009, 11:14 AM
speaking of which.. what the hell is wrong with just plain old walls??? why do i need to put sh!t all over them?? :confused2

I agree. Apparently the wall in our living room was too big and "open". So for her birthday I had to buy her a set of three paintings she wanted for our "empty wall". I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the paint on the wall? :rolleyes:

uglyota
09-15-2009, 11:39 AM
I agree. Apparently the wall in our living room was too big and "open". So for her birthday I had to buy her a set of three paintings she wanted for our "empty wall". I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the paint on the wall? :rolleyes:

guess the testicles in a jar on the shelf didn't make enough of a visual impact?

FJAggie07
09-15-2009, 12:26 PM
srsly?

I have a three car garage, two 4wheel drive trucks, my big screen, a pool table and a media room she doesn't touch. I am happy. :D

Eckert
09-15-2009, 12:30 PM
srsly?

I have a three car garage, two 4wheel drive trucks, my big screen, a pool table and a media room she doesn't touch. I am happy. :D

who doesnt have all that? :flipoff2:

J Cooper
09-15-2009, 12:30 PM
my uncle has a pocket knife

... played out? :flipoff2:

jerryg79
09-15-2009, 12:46 PM
srsly?

congrats you have reached yuppie status.

FJAggie07
09-15-2009, 12:48 PM
congrats you have reached yuppie status.

Who spent $17 on a six pack of beer?!? :flipoff2:

jerryg79
09-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Who spent $17 on a six pack of beer?!? :flipoff2:

not me;)

J Cooper
09-15-2009, 01:43 PM
it was actually only $14, so that is what $2.33 a beer.

... how much is an appletini at the Ghost Bar

jerryg79
09-15-2009, 01:47 PM
it was actually only $14, so that is what $2.33 a beer.

... how much is an appletini at the Ghost Bar

kwality!

BMFScout
09-15-2009, 02:17 PM
my friends wife goes to town on all that filler crap to make her house look like a model home. Candles they never light, old books they've never read, crosses, generic paitings, etc. I told the old lady we can decorate the house, but its going to be with souvenirs from trips, things that were my grandparents, pics of cool ****, signed concert posters, paintings from someone I actually know, etc. I hate it when you walk into someones house and it looks like they could move out and someone else could move in and it could be decorated just as well for them.

BMFScout
09-15-2009, 02:19 PM
my uncle has a pocket knife

... played out? :flipoff2:

never.

mudtoy67
09-15-2009, 02:53 PM
my friends wife goes to town on all that filler crap to make her house look like a model home. Candles they never light, old books they've never read, crosses, generic paitings, etc. I told the old lady we can decorate the house, but its going to be with souvenirs from trips, things that were my grandparents, pics of cool ****, signed concert posters, paintings from someone I actually know, etc. I hate it when you walk into someones house and it looks like they could move out and someone else could move in and it could be decorated just as well for them.

You just hang on to that dream...they can never take that away.:flipoff2:

jerryg79
09-15-2009, 03:01 PM
I just said, sure you can buy a bunch of crap, but its limited to the target gift cards we got when we got married. Spend 'em all i hate that store.

StevenAg03
09-15-2009, 03:12 PM
She wanted pictures, mirrors, fake plants, shelves and they all had to be covered with decorative vases and lamps and picture frames (i.e. all kinds of crap!). Nothing too expensive because I told her it had to come from Ikea or Target (:D) but at 20 bucks a pop for stupid crap, I realized that she spent some money this past year.

THIS!!!!!

You just hang on to that dream...they can never take that away.:flipoff2:

:laughing: right right right :laughing:

I just said, sure you can buy a bunch of crap, but its limited to the target gift cards we got when we got married. Spend 'em all i hate that store.

somehow i dont think this is the way it went down... :flipoff2:

jerryg79
09-15-2009, 03:27 PM
somehow i dont think this is the way it went down... :flipoff2:

the trick is to, A) have testicles and then B) use them.

Sharpe
09-15-2009, 03:44 PM
None of the decorations in the Dexter hizzy were paid for by anyone and the walls are full enough there is no space for me to hang my updated Battle of Gonzales flag :mad:

davido
09-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Yes, but not everyone can pull off the stapled beer boxes and stolen signs look like you guys can. :)

Seth
09-15-2009, 08:52 PM
srsly?

srsly? materialistic much?

FJAggie07
09-16-2009, 08:17 AM
srsly? materialistic much?

This is going to sound corny, but I am surrounded by my family on a daily basis, have a loving, wonderful wife who is 5 months pregnant with my future daughter, a couple of great dogs, and a steady income, then I guess yeah, all that's left is the material things. :flipoff2:

mudtoy67
09-16-2009, 08:25 AM
You know, unless you're waiting for some test results...she's already your daughter.:flipoff2:

DRAGOONRANCH
09-16-2009, 08:33 AM
You know, unless you're waiting for some test results...she's already your daughter.:flipoff2:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/KABLEONE/black_baby_white_parents.jpg

FJAggie07
09-16-2009, 09:14 AM

That is true, I just am still coming around to the idea of a kid coming. :)

J Cooper
09-16-2009, 09:23 AM
That is true, I just am still coming around to the idea of a kid coming. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6kDXVzGRmw

:D

FJAggie07
09-16-2009, 09:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6kDXVzGRmw

:D

Funny clip but the end with the cat... creepy:eek:

J Cooper
09-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Funny clip but the end with the cat... creepy:eek:

*** i did not even watch the clip. that is weird

jerryg79
09-16-2009, 09:48 AM
I know this thread isnt about a gay jeep or hotpocket, but it coould probably use a little moderator help.

J Cooper
09-16-2009, 09:56 AM
sorry John, this is true.. some one douche this thread

mudtoy67
09-16-2009, 09:58 AM
I know this thread isnt about a gay jeep or hotpocket, but it coould probably use a little moderator help.

sorry John, this is true.. some one douche this thread

wait...ya'll are asking for moderation?:confused2

JB
09-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Yeah, keep your women and your paternity tests out of this thread:D

FJAggie07
09-16-2009, 10:06 AM
This thread...

http://destinybuilding.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/train-wreck-big.png

JB
09-16-2009, 10:35 AM
I picked a carpet. Installed manana. Furniture is next.

JB
09-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Carpet is in and it is starting to feel like a home. Furniture is next. A little yard maintenace is also in order.

I have these...
http://www.greensmiths.com/grubs.htm

Grub worms that then turn into june bugs that fill up my garage at night when I am working in there. I talked to my pest control sub and he is going to give me some bi-syn-thurnin (sp?) aka Talstar to spray on all the grass.

The PO left me a good running Craftsman riding mower and an Echo weedeater. I have plenty of work to do. I also have a dead tree. I will take some pics. Maybe someone can tellme if it will ever come back or if I need to yank it out.

Seth
09-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Scratch the bark on the tree and see if there is any green for starters.

85cj7
09-18-2009, 09:56 PM
what kind of tree?

DRAGOONRANCH
09-18-2009, 11:06 PM
what kind of tree?

shut it turtle boy! You can only have one specialty at a time here (like grayson's being lightbulbs). :flipoff2:

JB
09-28-2009, 10:39 AM
I scratches the bark and there is green. Second pic is off tree about 40 ft from it. 3rd is of workbench

JB
09-28-2009, 10:40 AM
workbench will get some better shelving/storage underneath soon

DRAGOONRANCH
09-28-2009, 11:27 AM
That last picture sure is nice, sure makes me miss home. The garage looks nice, congrats again!

85cj7
09-28-2009, 11:35 AM
the tree with green is a live oak, not sure on the defoliated one, looks like an oak but not live maybe post

colman
09-28-2009, 02:27 PM
that work bench needs more triangulation:flipoff2:

Jackasic
09-28-2009, 03:44 PM
the tree with green is a live oak, not sure on the defoliated one, looks like an oak but not live maybe post

but is it an escarpment or coastal live oak ;)

85cj7
09-28-2009, 04:11 PM
then tell JB how to glue some green pipe cleaners on there or something

JB
12-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Finally got the fence built. I had Ace Fenceing do it. Now to take out the chain link...

JB
12-10-2010, 05:59 PM

JB
12-10-2010, 06:04 PM
I plan on replacing the 6' pickets on the privacy fence myself in the next few weeks.

Also if you can't tell, there is wire mesh along the entire fence to keep the dogs in. The front section of fence that you see from the street is all 3 rail while the back side and far right side are all just caped on the top to save a little money.

Sharpe
12-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Damn I didnt realize all that area behind the chainlink was yours too. Thats a bigass lot!

davido
12-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Nice setup!

DRAGOONRANCH
12-10-2010, 10:54 PM
x2 I can't wait to start on the cattle guards for my place!

RCcola55
12-11-2010, 12:05 PM
now you should work on your ag exempting and fill that yard with mini cows

BroncoJo
12-11-2010, 02:43 PM
now you should work on your ag exempting and fill that yard with mini Pandacows

fixed

Seth
12-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I have heard that you have to have 10 plus acres now for ag exemption. Any less is considered "hobby".

JB
12-31-2010, 06:56 PM
I plan on replacing the 6' pickets on the privacy fence myself in the next few weeks.

Also if you can't tell, there is wire mesh along the entire fence to keep the dogs in. The front section of fence that you see from the street is all 3 rail while the back side and far right side are all just caped on the top to save a little money.

Replaced the rotting pickets, added a 3rd/middle 2x4 rail and realigned the swing gate. You can't really tell, but the gate is out 6' from the house

JB
12-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Next project is to build a 4' fence around the A/C unit that will hide it and the elec meter, phone junk etc and have a spot for a thrash can.

And does anyone want the bigsass planter seen in both pics? I am going to throw it away. $5 its yours.

KrazyKarl02
12-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Is it kosher to cover the electric meter? You have to provide access to the meter reader.

DRAGOONRANCH
12-31-2010, 11:17 PM
If it's one of the new 'smart' meters, the only thing you have to provide access to is your bunghole as they will be screwing you dead in it monthly....

(if he is going to have a trashcan behind it also, I would think he plans to have a gate on it so access shouldn't be an issue for the meter maid)

robertf03
12-31-2010, 11:19 PM
drill a peep hole in the fence

JB
01-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Meter reader will still have access. One end of the fence will be open, or there will be a gate. But its only going to be 4', so he could probably still read it just fine.

JB
05-28-2011, 12:32 PM
My drivway is splitting in two. I am not gong to tear it out pour a new one. What I need to know is how can I prevent grass and weeds from growing through. Grass grows through ALL the expansion joints, espcially the 2" wide on pictured.

I just got done weedeating it all out for now, but next week, it will all be back. Tired of mowing/weedeating my driveway. Any hints? Asphalt patch mix or sand would probably be a waste of time. Someone mentioned rocksalt?

mudtoy67
05-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Roundup?

KrazyKarl02
05-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Lowes or Home Depot sells a rubber like substance you can pour in the crack, it is somewhat flexible, so it will expand.

Fredo
05-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Used engine oil?

DRAGOONRANCH
05-29-2011, 09:47 AM
We used to have some stuff we would mix up in the soil on the family grave sites that would kill the grass for a few years. Pretty much a soil killer. I think that they still sell something like this at lowes/home depot. Put this stuff in the bottom then seal it back up and it should be good for a pretty good while.

Can you get a pressure washer to clean the joints out a bit?

DRAGOONRANCH
05-29-2011, 09:51 AM
SL-1 is the sealant we use at work for the manhole lids. Pretty good stuff.

http://www.bestmaterials.com/detail.aspx?ID=11161

(this is not where we get it, I think we get it from Sheplers)

JB
05-29-2011, 01:39 PM
The joint is 70' long, averaging 1.5" wide and 4" deep. That tube of caulk is not going to get me very far. But that is essentially what they sell at HD/Lowes. I need it in 5gal buckets.

TMatheaus
05-30-2011, 08:57 AM
get some backer rod and shove it in the hole about 1/2 to 3/4" below the top of the concrete and then fill with caulk, if the gap is huge like you are saying it may be easier to use some of that pipe insulation foam as the backer rod, as far as the caulk goes, we usually use the NP-1 in the joints

JB
05-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks Tommy. I had seen the backer rod at Lowes, but it was only 3/4". I went ahead and bought that, as well as about 60' worth of diff sized pipe insulation. The joint starts at the garage and I can use the 3/4" there. Then, it steadily widens out to over 2". Everything fit in there nicely. Now to 'find' some NP1 at work. Thanks.

davido
05-30-2011, 10:36 PM
I have the same issue. I think it was at Tractor supply that I found really big containers of that crack filler stuff. Good price also. If you're around one, you might check in there.

85cj7
05-31-2011, 12:33 AM
http://www.tractorsupply.com/home-improvement/coatings-sealants/blacktop-elastomeric-crack-filler-3414583

davido
05-31-2011, 11:15 AM
EDIT: That's not it, but it may be the same company. The packaging looks the same, but it's not for blacktop.

Seth
05-31-2011, 05:18 PM
SL-1 is what I see the joint guys using on job sites. Not sure how it differs from NP-1. Which ever one you find will prob work. Is it still spreading?

JB
05-31-2011, 05:39 PM
naw, np1 is not 'self leveling' like the sl1 prob is. I am going to swing by TSC next weekend.

JB
06-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Just need to add a gate.

JB
07-21-2011, 07:36 PM
SL-1 is what I see the joint guys using on job sites. Not sure how it differs from NP-1. Which ever one you find will prob work. Is it still spreading?

I finally got around to doing this. I found SL1 at McCoys. $16 a tube and I bought 14. This got me through MAYBE half of my driveway. There is a supplier in Ft. Worth that sells it in 5 gallons for $135. I would need to buy the right gun though.

Did it about 4 hours ago in 100+ heat and it is still sticky:confused2 Thought is would have cured alot faster. It kinda looks like **** right now because of the way i laid the backer rod in there,(over the rebar in a few places.) I am just going to need a ****load more than I was expecting.

JB
05-02-2012, 09:36 PM
For Lease!

FJAggie07
05-02-2012, 09:51 PM
wtf?

AggieTJ2007
05-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Man's trying to make some money on a house. Were not going to get rich going to work everyday.

FJAggie07
05-03-2012, 09:32 AM
I was just thinking that jb lived in his house?

JB
05-03-2012, 09:59 AM
I did. Now its for lease. Moving to San Antonio area and starting my own DaveO real estate empire with the house in Bryan :)

FJAggie07
05-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Ahh I see Kemosabe.

texasxj
05-03-2012, 11:58 AM
If you need any help around SA let me know, Im way out on east side.

DRAGOONRANCH
05-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Looks like I will still be traveling back and forth through there to the Carrizo Springs area the next month or two, so I'll definitely need to drop by on my way through!

davido
05-04-2012, 10:10 AM
....starting my own DaveO real estate empire with the house in Bryan :)

Enjoy! :D It's a glamorous life I live.

We did have someone turn in $2,700 in cash today for rents. So I guess one of my tenants is a dealer. Don't know which one though, no label with the drop. Go figure.

DRAGOONRANCH
05-05-2012, 06:44 AM
I finally got around to doing this. I found SL1 at McCoys. $16 a tube and I bought 14. This got me through MAYBE half of my driveway. There is a supplier in Ft. Worth that sells it in 5 gallons for $135. I would need to buy the right gun though.

Did it about 4 hours ago in 100+ heat and it is still sticky:confused2 Thought is would have cured alot faster. It kinda looks like **** right now because of the way i laid the backer rod in there,(over the rebar in a few places.) I am just going to need a ****load more than I was expecting.

Did you check Sheplers/CnC out on Hwy 30? I know they have it by the 5 gallons and have the special caulking gun there too. Let me call in on Monday to see if I can get it at a better price there for you.

JB
09-03-2012, 08:48 PM
So the house in Bryan is rented and I am full time now in SA. Found a nice 4 bed in a decent little neighborhood, built in 1980. Closed last Thursday and have gotten down all the popcorn ceiling, had it all textured, had dozens of old poorly done patches fixed in the walls, had the master bath complety retextured from a bad remodel at some point. New fixtures, plugs, switches, etc

House had a total of 8 different paint colors throughout. Painter finished today and we are down to three

I tore out all the original baseboards and installed all new base. Air finish nailer is very nice to have

Hopefully will get carpet early this week and I can move in

Garage is two car with 2 single doors. They seem very low, not sure bronco will fit. It does have fittings for a shop sink. Need to build a 12' swing gate in the fence to park Diane and the trailers

Has a very nice patio that has been screened in. Not halfassed either, looks expensive, but I dislike it. Old people such as realtor and parents love it. Think I'm goin to take it down

So much more to do

davido
09-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Pics or it didn't happen. :) (old people version)

Congrats!

DRAGOONRANCH
09-04-2012, 12:07 AM
I really wish I had a good screened in porch. Would keep the flys and skeeters at bay a bit.

davido
09-04-2012, 09:54 AM
I really wish I had a good screened in porch.

Same here.

JB
09-04-2012, 10:07 AM
. Old people love it.

sam_hodnett
09-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I really like the one at Evan's. Makes for a nice place to relax

davido
09-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Nice. Good call. That just means you'll be missing it in a few years.

Sam has wisdom beyond his years. :)

DRAGOONRANCH
09-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Nice. Good call. That just means you'll be missing it in a few years.

Sam has wisdom beyond his years. :)

x 2.

Shaggy
09-04-2012, 06:25 PM
I like them. Had a good one when I lived in corpus. Spent lots of time out there.

eight
09-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Not so much bugs around San Antonio.

Sparling
09-05-2012, 11:51 AM
After living there for 18 years I disagree. There were several times during the summers when even a bunch of citronella candles couldn't fight off the mosquitoes. I wish we had a screened in porch. Our neighbors did and it was awesome.

eight
09-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Maybe I lived on the bay too long then. Sure hasn't been much bugs in the San Antonio area lately with all the wind and no rain.

TexTJ209
09-06-2012, 09:09 AM
LED lights or yellow bulbs cuts down all the outside bugs except mosquitoes. Worked well for my non-screened in deck that's about 30 yards from a creek.

JB
09-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Had yellow bulbs in Bryan, seemed to work well.

I got the carpet in last night and spent first night there. ALl painting is done. Really need to take another few days off and get all the little stuff done.

TexTJ209
09-06-2012, 11:38 AM
I've been trying to just do a little bit every day on mine. Slow, but it's progress.

Stripping out all the 70s wood paneling in the garage and redoing the drywall. Then, lots of fluorescent lighting. Fun times.

JB
09-14-2012, 06:21 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/15/3e5eruje.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/15/y2u2a2a8.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/15/e2yvazys.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/15/6upetu9a.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/15/asetavu7.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/15/yvugugyv.jpg

I have been working my ass of everyday after work. It is getting close

JB
09-14-2012, 06:25 PM
I have 90% of the electrical stuff done. Lots of issues but I have most of them worked out. I still have a random bedroom light switch that controls all my living room and another bedrooms plugs

Got uverse yesterday and Internet is fast. I like it so far

Jeremiah came over yesterday an we ripped out some garage lower cabinets that were junk and move some of the old uppers around. Got some material from work today and am going to build my work bench this weekend

JB
09-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Mosquitoes are really bad right now. Glad I kept it

TMatheaus
09-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Buy some of the cutter or off that you spray with the hose, it works well. I would wait till after the rain tho, usually lasts several weeks.

davido
09-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Old people love it.

Glad I kept it

Welcome to the old man club. :D

DRAGOONRANCH
09-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Welcome to the old man club. :D

:gigem:

JB
03-15-2014, 06:14 PM
[http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/16/yhyveby7.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/16/araha6y3.jpg

Fvck it! Cedar posts next and maybe some paint