PDA

View Full Version : Floor Jack

Hot Pocket
11-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Going to buy one tomorrow, wondering if anyone has an extra they want to sell

Edit - Harbor Freight?

BMFScout
11-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Harbor freight would be a good place for your first jack, pick up some jack stands while you are there. Never get under a vehicle supported only by a jack.

Hot Pocket
11-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Harbor freight would be a good place for your first jack, pick up some jack stands while you are there. Never get under a vehicle supported only by a jack.

Speaking of which... I bought a pair of jack stands for the Jeep at harbor freight a while ago... The Jeep fell on one of the stands, what are my chances on an exchange :gigem:

stx4wheeler
11-12-2009, 01:15 AM
Speaking of which... I bought a pair of jack stands for the Jeep at harbor freight a while ago... The Jeep fell on one of the stands, what are my chances on an exchange :gigem:

About the same as everyone on here not making fun of you ever again.

DRAGOONRANCH
11-12-2009, 01:46 AM

Oh man, I figured you of all people would have been telling him to get the smallest, ****tiest one they had and pick up some cinder blocks 'jack stands' from Lowes on his way home. :flipoff2:

Sharpe
11-12-2009, 02:39 PM

Mention a product laibility lawsuit and they'll probably be more than happy to exchange them for you.

Not really. Harbor Freight's employees are worth about as much as their tools. It cant hurt to try, but dont mention anything about dropping the jeep on it incorrectly. Say you gently set it down the right way and the ****ing thing buckled.

TexTJ209
11-12-2009, 04:38 PM
The correct method.

You - "Hey this broke can I trade it out for a new one?"
Them - "Sure."

They don't give a damn.

Eckert
11-12-2009, 04:58 PM
The correct method.

You - "Hey this broke can I trade it out for a new one?"
Them - "Sure."

They don't give a damn.

much like wal mart or academy. been meaning to get a new battery and knife...

Hot Pocket
11-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Got the jack... Used it last night to help my best friend with his car. We were driving home from work, when his car just died. We pushed it home, tried to turn it over and it smelled like oil really bad. We looked under it and the entire underside was covered in oil. We found a hole in the engine block the size of a quarter that would just spew oil whenever we would try to start the car.

Sucks.

Sharpe
11-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Hole in the side of the block? Like a freeze plug or a thrown rod?

Hot Pocket
11-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Hole in the side of the block? Like a freeze plug or a thrown rod?

I dont know how it got there, but we were driving home and he stopped at a light, tried to go and it wouldnt.. Definitely not any kind of plug though. It was a very rough hole, almost like it got shot with a shotgun

Sharpe
11-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Throwing a rod is prety violent, you'd have to be a 'tard to not notice.

Oh wait...

uglyota
11-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Throwing a rod is prety violent, you'd have to be a 'tard to not notice.

Oh wait...

:laughing: hotpocket you never fail to deliver

breckboarder55
11-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Don't forget to check the Johnson rods and the spoiler sprockets...