PDA

View Full Version : Tire Vulcanizing

JB
01-27-2010, 09:59 PM
The only reason I am starting a new thread is so it might be easier for others to search later on.

I got a free 39" TSL with almost full tread from 4WPW when I picked up my IROKS. It was in the back to be trashed and they said I could have it. It had a small quarter size gash in the sidewall, but did not appear to go all the way through. I had Cardoc mount it up and it ended up having a slow leak through the gash. I attempted to put a tube in it but failed miserably.

I found DH Tire in Houston and they said they could fix it. They sent it somewhere, and I got it back today and you can hardly tell where the hole was. It cost me $50, so if you have a tire worth more than that with a hole you do not think could be fixed, take it to these guys.

DH Tire
6903 Lyons Ave
Houston

713-675-TIRE
Mauricio

uglyota
01-27-2010, 11:07 PM
I seem to remember having read that it's common for tractor tire places to be able to do this. Maybe it's more common (or legal) in non-DOT applications?

Reckless
01-27-2010, 11:14 PM
normally, when a tractor tire gets a cut or a sidewall problem, its pretty much beyond the point of no return

colman
05-09-2011, 01:46 PM
ive had them fix two tires. good stuff....

eight
05-09-2011, 10:44 PM
My dad got 4 vulcanized tires for the front of his scraper tractor. Maybe 500 hours on them now and two are leaking on the edge of the vulcanized area bad enough you have to stop in the middle of the day and add air for 15 minutes. They might hold up on normal ag tractors where they are not stressed nearly as much, this thing rips whole lugs off. Would say our offroad applications are similar.