PDA

View Full Version : Moving up in the world...

redcagepatrol
01-29-2010, 12:31 AM
So - Lynda and I bought a "new" house in the City of Jersey Village - which is surrounded by the city of Houston.

It was just like the first home we bought, the owners built it and were the only people that heave ever lived in it.

It's over 0.5 acre, has an oversized 3 car garage, fits my 30' gooseneck with the wheels still on the concrete behind a gate, and is in a great neighboorhood. Our first home is being turned into a rental property.

This really is the first chance that I have some extra time to upload pictures and make a post - I happen to be in a hotel room in COS tonight... been really busy

Here are the before pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/scott.n.lynda/TenburyHomeBeforeMoveIn#

Here are the "work in progress" pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/scott.n.lynda/TenburyFixUpPics#

So far we've removed all the old tile. Added 4 arches, changed the toilet and sink in the half bath, put Saltillo tile in the office and laundry rom, added chair molding, and lots of trim, added pool fence, all new blinds, all new paint, all new interior doors with all new handles. In the garage, I rewired the while place for a new sub-panel, all new lights (nine T8 daylights...), added insulation, decked the walls with OSB, painted, added cabinits, added shelves, added steel racks, built workbench, etc...

Our new floors start on Monday, we plan on sleeping in the new house next Saturday night. We would've already been in , but the floors were delayed a few weeks.

We WILL have a housewarming party - but first - second kiddo is due in a few weeks and we have to move in, that comes first...

redcagepatrol
01-29-2010, 12:34 AM
some more highlights

redcagepatrol
01-29-2010, 12:36 AM
and some more...
the wider and taller doorway made a huge difference akong with the paint

redcagepatrol
01-29-2010, 12:38 AM
and my last post for the night showing the garage getting closer to being finished.

bcolman
01-29-2010, 12:43 AM
looks good

colman
01-29-2010, 03:35 AM
now thats a ficking garage, all you need is a lift

Seth
01-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Looking good guys! Nice you were able to complete a lot work before moving in.

KrazyKarl02
01-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Pimpin'

let us know if you need help breaking your stuff.... I mean moving...

JB
01-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Looks great Scott. I saw alot of wood paneling in the older homes I was looking at when I bought and was surprised at how just painting over them really made it look good.

The owner of the apts I am building now wanted rounded corners on the sheetrock, much to the dismay of the trim guy, but his crew has gotten pretty good with them now.

The garage looks great too.