PDA

View Full Version : '01 dodge truck parts

colman
02-13-2010, 06:15 PM
looking for a maroon pass fender, pass turn signal, long bed (maybe). drivers tail light and a tailgate

also if you have them a pyrometer, fuel pressure guage, trans temp guage, a piller cluster, fuel economy chip and seat covers.

or anything else for a 01 2500 diesel 4x4

eight
02-14-2010, 12:53 PM
You want a whole truck? I think my little brother picked one up yesterday. 94 single cab long bed, maroon, diesel, automatic. I hear it runs and drives but redneckness has been applied to it.

I have a banks ottomind for an 02, I think 01 is the same, I know 98.5 is not. I think it's 120hp, you'll need to do something with intake, turbo, and exhaust to go with it. Has a pyrometer built in, automatically cuts fuel when it gets too hot. Also has a boost gauge. $100.

colman
02-14-2010, 01:02 PM
i just bought a whole truck, its ok as is but i will replace/ fix the few little body issues as time and cheap parts come up. it was to good of a deal to pass. just curious, what are his plans for it, part out, drive, motor swap into something else? so what all would i have to do to make the programmer work. aftermarket intake, straight pipe... then would i have to get a bigger turbo. this is my first step into diesels so i'm a newb. time to do some more research

Eckert
02-14-2010, 01:10 PM
i just bought a whole truck, its ok as is but i will replace/ fix the few little body issues as time and cheap parts come up. it was to good of a deal to pass. just curious, what are his plans for it, part out, drive, motor swap into something else? so what all would i have to do to make the programmer work. aftermarket intake, straight pipe... then would i have to get a bigger turbo. this is my first step into diesels so i'm a newb. time to do some more research

jeep fag x diesel fag = ?

DRAGOONRANCH
02-14-2010, 01:34 PM
jeep fag x diesel fag = not as big a fag as T.E.

Math is fun!

eight
02-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Plans are to sell or part it.

This is what I would do to make the ottomind work well. Replace factory airbox and filter with a large filter, I think dieselfags call it BHAF, about $40. Install boost elbow, this will get you up to 28-30 psi boost, about $20. If it has factory exhaust, leave resonator (thing you would think is a catalytic converter) on and run straight pipe from there. The resonator looks like a glass pack inside, and keeps the truck quieter. After the resonator the exhaust expands to a larger size before going into the muffler, just run that size the rest of the way out. If you are lazy like me, you just run it straight back and turn it down before the axle. This would set your dodge up like mine, except I only have 60hp adder. I never get to 1000 degrees and I think you get to go to 1250, so I would think this list is enough to run the 120hp, and of course the ottomind will cut back fuel before it gets too hot anyway.

colman
02-14-2010, 02:01 PM
this thing is completely stock, 200k on the ticker. i bought it from the original owner who let it sit most of the time since 06. i'm not looking to rice it out, not into loud retarded exhausts. I'm just trying to get it to be as efficient as possible. i may tow a 32ft goosneck once and a while but it will mostly be dd and occasional towing of the car hauler.

if he is parting it then send me 2 prices please, 1. pass fender, turnsignal, tailgate and drivers tail light. and 2. same plus bed

i'm not in a hurry and since i blew my wad on the truck its gonna be a few weeks till i have funds to buy everything. just waying my options and seeing what i can find

StevenAg03
02-14-2010, 02:06 PM
...so what all would i have to do to make the programmer work....

If the box is for an 02, it should work on the 01. However the map sensor connections are different from 01-02 so you will need adapters. Quadzilla sells them fairly cheap and they are the difference between the XZT+ for the 01 and 02.

...This is what I would do to make the ottomind work well. Replace factory airbox and filter with a large filter, I think dieselfags call it BHAF, about $40. Install boost elbow, this will get you up to 28-30 psi boost, about $20. If it has factory exhaust, leave resonator (thing you would think is a catalytic converter) on and run straight pipe from there. The resonator looks like a glass pack inside, and keeps the truck quieter. After the resonator the exhaust expands to a larger size before going into the muffler, just run that size the rest of the way out. If you are lazy like me, you just run it straight back and turn it down before the axle. This would set your dodge up like mine, except I only have 60hp adder. I never get to 1000 degrees and I think you get to go to 1250, so I would think this list is enough to run the 120hp, and of course the ottomind will cut back fuel before it gets too hot anyway.

yes a BHAF is what dieselfags call it. i however have a amsoil filter. it was more expensive and requires a PVC adapter to work. you dont have to isntall a boost elbow, but the factory regulator will only allow you ~20-22 psi. Anything above that and you need a boost fooler so you dont have CEL. Kopecki does the Ottomind have an integral boost fooler? I cut out the resonator and muffler on mine and it doesnt drone in the cab nor can i hear the exhaust over the motor on the highway. if you do just cut out the muffler, it does still sound good.

Is the ottomind fuel only, timing only, or fuel+timing?

eight
02-14-2010, 02:50 PM
I think it's fuel+timing, how do you tell? Yes it does have a boost fooler, and without the elbow you'll probably run too hot. Banks sells the "big head" actuator with the kit, I don't know why they do that instead of the elbow but it is their way of increasing the boost pressure.

StevenAg03
02-14-2010, 06:17 PM
I think it's fuel+timing, how do you tell? Yes it does have a boost fooler, and without the elbow you'll probably run too hot. Banks sells the "big head" actuator with the kit, I don't know why they do that instead of the elbow but it is their way of increasing the boost pressure.

If it is a 120hp box, then it definitely adds fuel, a timing only box will NOT add over 65hp. i would say the easiest way to tell if it is fuel only or fuel + timing is if it smokes heavily. A fuel only box will only increase the fuel according to the standard fuel curve. Consequently, you will not see very much smoke with a fuel only box. My truck barely smokes with the timing box off regardless of the fueling box setting. Timing boxes turn the fuel on sooner to add power. When my timing box is on lvl 3, it is basically telling the truck to go to max fuel flow from zero boost.

colman
02-14-2010, 06:30 PM
do you have a part number so i can tell which one it is. is it one that has a switch in the cab with multiple settings or is it just a plug in and go kinda thing. sounds interesting

steven, how long have you had yours? since you still have it i guess you would recomend it. what don't you like about it. what kind of fuel mileage are you getting?

mines got an auto, 3.55's and 33's

Seth
02-14-2010, 08:13 PM
i'm not in a hurry and since i blew my wad on the truck its gonna be a few weeks till i have funds to buy everything. just waying my options and seeing what i can find

thats what she said...weigh

JB
02-14-2010, 08:21 PM
I use to like you Andrew. Now, I dunno.

cj nut
02-14-2010, 09:15 PM
so i think your "new dodge" would good with some more scratches..... all the guys around here are running the edge comp box and love them, able to turn them up or down at the touch of a finger. And i have heard some pretty good fuel millage with them 22 to 23. You probably should be more worried about the tranny, or me driving it through the woods some more.....

colman
02-14-2010, 09:21 PM
stop driving my truck asshole. it was scratchless till u drove it. now wheres my money punk

colman
02-14-2010, 09:24 PM
I use to like you Andrew. Now, I dunno.

i thought you said you would still be my friend if i didn't "robbie it out"

plus now i can tow your trailer that says diesels only

cj nut
02-14-2010, 09:54 PM
yes your money pit at my house, which is basically 500 acres of mud with some trees, so why drive your nice truck when you can jump in the old ranch truck that goes into gear sometimes and drive around? ill prob use it tomarrow to haul the 32ft with 17 round bales or maybe 5 bales with a "real" tractor on back..... ill let you know how your transmission does.....

colman
02-14-2010, 09:58 PM
ass, just make shure you vaccum out the interior when your done

cj nut
02-14-2010, 10:02 PM
lmao na it adds to the carracter its a dam ranch truck, get over yourself..... i have made it my personal job to make sure it is well broken in when you get it, and the best part is... I dont have to fix it anymore you do....

colman
02-14-2010, 10:28 PM
but when i'm done with it it will be a nice truck....

anyway back to the point of the thread, kopecki let me know what your brother says or if you want you can give me his number or vice versa

StevenAg03
02-14-2010, 10:37 PM
do you have a part number so i can tell which one it is. is it one that has a switch in the cab with multiple settings or is it just a plug in and go kinda thing. sounds interesting

steven, how long have you had yours? since you still have it i guess you would recomend it. what don't you like about it. what kind of fuel mileage are you getting?

mines got an auto, 3.55's and 33's

i bought my 2002 in Jan 2007. it had 107k on it then and has 170k now (i think). i love the truck, but wish a couple things were different:

1) the dash in mine looks like sh!t because it is cracked BAD. This is a common, known problem with the 2nd gens. I would be shocked to find one that hasnt cracked. When i got mine it wasnt cracked, but it started shortly afterwards. once it starts, it will continue. the charcoal dash is the worst, closely followed by the light gray, with the tan dash being the "best". You can buy a new dash and replace it, but they only offer them in black now (what i heard) and they are expensive, not to mention a pain to replace. Geno's Garage, and LMC, sell a plastic molded cover that i am told looks good, but no one seems to have any pictures of one installed. this is the biggest thing i dislike about my truck.

2) i like the feel and sound of the engine without power adders. it seems much smoother and is generally quieter. The down side is the lack of "pep" without the timing box turned on. it makes a HUGE difference in that department. So much that i rarely run without them on. on that note, i rarely run them higher then level 1. whats the point? i have a 6 speed. I think this lack of "pep" is so noticeable because i have a 6 speed. When i drove Kopecki's back in college a couple times i didnt notice it and i dont think he was running any boxes at the time. Everyone who says they add a noticeable/measurable mileage increase are bullsh!tting you. i have thousands of miles of log data to prove it.

3) i wish it was quieter on the inside. I am not talking about the engine noise, but quieter in general. i plan to remedy this with some dynomat, or similar, when i get the time. It is not overly loud, but a bit quieter would be good.

as far as mileage, mine consistently gets 17.5 to 18.5. i have gotten higher and lower. the lowest i ever averaged was when i had to go pick up our crap from the deer lease. i averaged 7-9mpg on the trip home. SEE THREAD HERE (http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10017).

My current setup:
2002 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.55 gears, 295x75R16 (33.4"x11.6"), Quadzilla XZT+ (timing), Quadzilla Xzillaraider (fueling), Raptor fuel pump, straight pipe, Amsoil 4510 air filter, DiPricol Gauges (fuel, pyro, & boost)

And i have heard some pretty good fuel millage with them 22 to 23.

see note above on fuel mileage...

cj nut
02-14-2010, 10:59 PM
I went from 19 to 23.5 on highway unloaded, 14 in town to 17.5. I have a book with all the time i have ever done anything to the truck including putting fuel in it every time and you can see the increase. Now i know mine I a 3rd gen but I have maney friends with the 24valves that have put all sorts of tuners on them some got a increase in millage and some did not. In my expirience chip alone wont do much you have to do air and fuel mods, as for air you can get a kit like mine off ebay for pretty cheap and it replaces the filter housing and down pipe. For exaust just straight pipe it or go with a 4 inch craig got his for 250 with muffler from the turbo back. This also applies to how you drive......

StevenAg03
02-14-2010, 11:07 PM
I went from 19 to 23.5 on highway unloaded, 14 in town to 17.5. I have a book with all the time i have ever done anything to the truck including putting fuel in it every time and you can see the increase. Now i know mine I a 3rd gen but I have maney friends with the 24valves that have put all sorts of tuners on them some got a increase in millage and some did not. In my expirience chip alone wont do much you have to do air and fuel mods, as for air you can get a kit like mine off ebay for pretty cheap and it replaces the filter housing and down pipe. For exaust just straight pipe it or go with a 4 inch craig got his for 250 with muffler from the turbo back. This also applies to how you drive......

what exactly do you drive?

colman
02-14-2010, 11:11 PM
are gas and diesel boost guages the same. i have one that goes up to 30 lbs that was on a gas motor. i assume it will work on the diesel but would like a confirmation of this

cj nut
02-14-2010, 11:21 PM
07 dodge 2500 4x4 5.9 cummins 4x4 bullydog chip, quadzilla pressure box, offbrand intake, stright pipe restictor back, 70k had it since new

Eckert
02-14-2010, 11:22 PM
DO NOT STRAIT PIPE!

colman, leave it alone until you get everything fixed. then you can start adding crap to the engine.

*cory also has an auto.

cj nut
02-14-2010, 11:31 PM
O ya its a auto. On the 24valves you cant really tell the differance in the cab from resignator back and straight pipe, but if you are worried about that get the 4inch kit and you shouldnt have to worry about egts with a mild chip

DRAGOONRANCH
02-14-2010, 11:45 PM
are gas and diesel boost guages the same. i have one that goes up to 30 lbs that was on a gas motor. i assume it will work on the diesel but would like a confirmation of this

Yes, boost is boost.

CheapJeep
02-15-2010, 10:07 AM
i thought you said you would still be my friend if i didn't "robbie it out"

Easy now, you won't find any fold out mirrors, smoked cab lights, stacks, big rims, or other diesel rice on mine so... :flipoff2:

Seth
02-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Yes, boost is boost.

is 30 psi enough though?

DRAGOONRANCH
02-15-2010, 11:16 AM
You start going over 30 on a diesel turbo and you are looking for trouble. Some can handle a good bit more, but not most and especially not the stockers.

EDIT: You were asking if only going to 30 on the guage was enough. I don't know what those old dodges put out, but I would think it would be real close to that.

StevenAg03
02-15-2010, 01:13 PM
is 30 psi enough though?

You start going over 30 on a diesel turbo and you are looking for trouble. Some can handle a good bit more, but not most and especially not the stockers.

EDIT: You were asking if only going to 30 on the guage was enough. I don't know what those old dodges put out, but I would think it would be real close to that.

factory setting on the wastegate is 20-22psi on the 2nd gens. my DiPricol gage is a 30 or 35 psi.

StevenAg03
02-15-2010, 01:23 PM
... Install boost elbow, this will get you up to 28-30 psi boost, about $20....

just remembered that his truck has a HY35 turbo. Boost elbow wont work, needs a turnbuckle. i dont really see the point in modifying the wastegate. turbos have an efficiency range they are meant to work in.

colman
02-15-2010, 01:33 PM
ok well it seems the plan for at least the first few months is to get that bhaf, clean up the exhaust and fix the body, i will have to wait on the programmer. def gonna replace the bed and tailgate tho.

agjohn02
02-15-2010, 01:56 PM
i didn't read most of this but i definitely think you need to start buying and installing a bunch of performance parts for your 200k mile truck.

colman
02-15-2010, 03:13 PM
if you had read u would have found that i'm looking for the best ecomomy, only doing things for that. not interested in hopping it up or going crazy with it. hence looking for an economy programmer and a few body pannels

bcolman
02-15-2010, 06:16 PM
my brother also told me that it needed some front end suspension parts, any one want to take bets on how long it will sit in the driveway on jack stands, the current truck he is working on is going on close to two months

colman
02-15-2010, 07:18 PM
no, barely a month and the weather has been ****ty. plus i'm mad at it right now and the jack stands are barely noticable

CheapJeep
02-15-2010, 08:06 PM
A list of all the "factory" parts I have replaced, all are common problems with 2nd gens.
-Heater core
-Vacuum pump/front disconnect
-Dash
-Rear main seal, nv5600 shift seal
-Radiator (cracked tank)
-Front calipers, rotors, pads, etc...
-Fuel sending unit
-Trac bar, tie rod ends, ball joints, etc...

colman
02-15-2010, 10:17 PM
ive been reading about the front end and kinda plan on having to replace most of it. it seems alot of people put 3rd gen trackbar and adjustable ball joints. ..... thoughts

it only has a small crack on the passenger side so i will see how long it holds up. i don't like the idea of the dash covers but the new dashes aren't cheap and i bet there a pain in the ass to install

bcolman
02-15-2010, 10:19 PM
A list of all the "factory" parts I have replaced, all are common problems with 2nd gens.
-Heater core
-Vacuum pump/front disconnect
-Dash
-Rear main seal, nv5600 shift seal
-Radiator (cracked tank)
-Front calipers, rotors, pads, etc...
-Fuel sending unit
-Trac bar, tie rod ends, ball joints, etc...

and a clutch :flipoff2:

CheapJeep
02-15-2010, 10:50 PM
The old clutch as well as the new one are performance upgrades so I left that out...:flipoff2:

For the front end stuff I went to Oreilly's and picked up Moog ball joints, tre's, drag link, tie rod, trac bar, etc.

My truck had a dash cover on it when I bought it. To change out the heater core you have to pull the dash (which was in pieces under the cover), so I ended up getting a new one. If it doesn't have holes through it I wouldn't worry about it...

Eckert
02-15-2010, 11:06 PM
how about a list of 'robbie' parts? :flipoff2:

BroncoJo
02-15-2010, 11:20 PM
do they make a bag of chips for this?

I find it funny how my old diesel with 250k never really had a problem but now I'm very hesitant to put any "Robbie parts" on my new dodge.

cj nut
02-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Hm... I give it at least three months in the driveway...... think about how long the chevy stayed there when he first got it..... let alone this time, and im not going to even bring up the jeep......

DRAGOONRANCH
02-16-2010, 11:37 PM
he is just too cheap to buy any weed killer to spray in the cracks in the driveway and the vehicles sitting over them keep the sunlight off and don't let anything grow. ;)

bcolman
02-17-2010, 12:18 AM
thats why i dont fix my trans leak in my blazer, the atf kill all of the weeds and those pesky cats too:D

colman
02-17-2010, 12:29 AM
it cant stay for 3 months. i move out in may

colman
03-01-2010, 01:49 AM
kopecki, did you find out which model the programmer was. i'm interested

robby, did you reinstall your dash cover after you put a new dash in or do you have it left over?

finally got the truck in town and it is in a little better shape than i remembered

i need to adjust the bands in the tranny and change the fluid, add a fuel pressure guage at minimun, finess the bed and put in some ball joints.

eight
03-01-2010, 08:35 PM
I didn't know there was a question of the model. Has powerpack programming, for an 02.

colman
03-01-2010, 09:48 PM
i was rereading and thought that steven said there were 2 different models. i guess thats what i get for reading at 1 in the morning

colman
03-01-2010, 10:18 PM
http://www.xtremediesel.com/bankspowerpowerpacksystem3.aspx

so i'm still confused, if i'm understanding correctly of this kit you have the ottomind and the guages? or isit only the box that goes under the hood that you have. sorry for being difficult

eight
03-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Don't mind Wolverton.

I have the ottomind and gauges. Ottomind is the box that goes under the hood, gauges go inside the cab.

StevenAg03
03-02-2010, 12:43 AM
i was rereading and thought that steven said there were 2 different models. i guess thats what i get for reading at 1 in the morning

Don't mind Wolverton....

^^^This... i have no idea what he has. I was mearly stating the difference between 01 and 02 electronics and asking kopecki what type of box it was. i have no use for Banks... :gigem:

Eckert
03-02-2010, 02:56 PM
dont waste money on a programmer. get the fuel system squared away first. then exhaust, then intake, then you can worry about being a feg.

colman
03-02-2010, 04:27 PM
good point, but you forgot something first. i need to fix the front end. i know i need ball joints as there is horendous play and probably a track bar, then bhaf then eliminate muffler then maybe an aftermarket lp then programmer (i'm really leaning towards an edge w/ attitude now, it has power, economy and a most importantly 4 guage display so i don't end up with a guage pod on the a pillar and look like one of those guys i make fun of)

Eckert
03-02-2010, 04:46 PM
good point, but you forgot something first. i need to fix the front end. i know i need ball joints as there is horendous play and probably a track bar, then bhaf then eliminate muffler then maybe an aftermarket lp then programmer (i'm really leaning towards an edge w/ attitude now, it has power, economy and a most importantly 4 guage display so i don't end up with a guage pod on the a pillar and look like one of those guys i make fun of)

yeah, fix the ball joints and trac bar, as they tend to suck.

looks like you have already got the gay. just get a regular drop in air filter like a Pro Guard and the like and if your feeling frisky, take a hole saw to your air box. no need for a big gay ass air filter taking up the entire passenger side inner fender. i will make a point to kick you in the nuts every time i see you if you do a 'muffler delete'. if anything cut the catalytic converter out and put in a free flow muffler in. Ill have to look up the Donaldson muffler part number for you. Less drone and more effective at reducing exhaust temps. you do realize all the 'power' 'economy' and "IM XTREME AND HAVE THE BIGGEST FASTEST MOST AWESOMENESS AUTOMOBUS OUT OF EVERYONE' mode are all marketing ploys and give the fegs something to jerk off with?

i personally would rather have the pillar manual gauge pod, but to each their own. there are also several different ways of mounting them, such as above the rear view mirror, on the dash, in the dash, etc.

and no maybe to a aftermarket lift pump. they all suck, after the front axle, that should be your next modification. everyone i know who has a 98-02 dodge has been through atleast one lift pump, which most of the time takes out the VP44. hell, hunter went through two of them, and still hasn't learned.

take out the silencer ring too, its adds some whistle to the exhaust, which is a helluva whole lot better than the BRAPPP BRAPPP BRAPPP your going to get with no muffler.

StevenAg03
03-02-2010, 04:48 PM
...if anything cut the catalytic converter out....

that truck doesnt have a catalytic converter...

colman
03-02-2010, 05:05 PM
it has a dpf, i think

JB
03-02-2010, 05:50 PM
You should fix the suspension, and then........drive it. You don't need all that other ****.

Eckert
03-02-2010, 06:57 PM
it has a dpf, i think

i thought 01's had cats? wasnt it in 01.5 when they came out with HO and they were exempt from emissions? IDK

and no, the new retarded diesels such as the 6.7l, 6.4L powerjoke, and the LMNOP duarmax have the DPF to meet what was then 2010 emissions standards.

I'm with JB, fix the front axle and drive it. but please put an aftermarket lift pump on it, or i get to laugh when your stuck on the side of the road.

CheapJeep
03-02-2010, 07:13 PM
robby, did you reinstall your dash cover after you put a new dash in or do you have it left over?

No, it was junk and went in the dumpster.

I have the part numbers for all the front end stuff from Oreilly's somewhere...

You should fix the suspension, and then........drive it. You don't need all that other ****.

Yes!

85cj7
03-02-2010, 07:30 PM
No, it was junk and went in the dumpster.

I have the part numbers for all the front end stuff from Oreilly's somewhere...

Yes!

Robbie you just committed diesel blasphemy!

StevenAg03
03-02-2010, 09:27 PM
i thought 01's had cats? wasnt it in 01.5 when they came out with HO and they were exempt from emissions? IDK

and no, the new retarded diesels such as the 6.7l, 6.4L powerjoke, and the LMNOP duarmax have the DPF to meet what was then 2010 emissions standards.

I'm with JB, fix the front axle and drive it. but please put an aftermarket lift pump on it, or i get to laugh when your stuck on the side of the road.

98.5-2000 have a muffler and resonator. there are no catalytic converters on them. the HO was put behind the 6spd which came out in 2000 i believe.

DPF was used to meet 2010 emissions. dealers put these on in 2007 in an attempt to gain credits for other platforms.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-03-2010, 12:24 AM
it has a dpf, i think

:rolleyes:
take the truck straight to the crusher... your truck will thank you for it in the long run.

:flipoff2:

colman
03-03-2010, 10:45 AM
hey now, i'm new to this diesel thing. as far as the edge with attitude i want it more for the guages than the sheer awesomeness of the having a programmer. I would like to keep an eye on everything without a bunch of guages everywhere.
i have the part numbers for the upgrade which ises the HD steering from a 98. better design. there will be an aftermarket lift pump in the near future. but ive got to sell the 98chevy before i have any money to put into it besides the ball joints and a few fluids

cj nut
03-13-2010, 08:26 PM
yup, your turning into one of those guys......

DRAGOONRANCH
03-13-2010, 11:38 PM
shut up cory....

:flipoff2:

colman
03-14-2010, 09:52 AM
yea what he said

colman
04-04-2010, 02:42 PM
so i found a maroon bed and am going to pick it up on tuesday, got all the parts to rebuild the front end and a leveling kit along with some 3rd gen rims and 315's that i had laying around. maybe by the end of next week i will have it fixed and go and get it registered and inspected. i can't wait to drive a truck again. no more soccer mom mobile for me or borrowing brians truck.

still need to find an edge juice w/ attitude so i can have the guages. i still don't want 4 guages in pods and like the size of the attitude monitor.

Reckless
04-04-2010, 04:03 PM
look at the edge insight just like the attitude but just guages.

colman
04-04-2010, 04:26 PM
but then i wouldn't have the cool diesel fag multiple settings and that just isn't as fun. seriously i will look into it but if its not that much more for a juice then i would like the option for the other settings

DRAGOONRANCH
04-06-2010, 08:22 AM
http://www.texas4x4.org/showthread.php?t=32621

for an '02

colman
04-06-2010, 06:34 PM
thanks ed, now i have 300 less dollars :)

colman
04-06-2010, 08:17 PM
also got the bed. it looks like it was waxed once a month. i think i will have to clay bar the cab to make it look as nice. more work. also found a fender. should be here friday, more than i wanted to spend but it is maroon. I am cheap so almost everything is more than i want to spend, ***

DRAGOONRANCH
04-07-2010, 02:17 AM
thanks ed, now i have 300 less dollars :)

You are very ****in welcom.. :gigem:

colman
04-07-2010, 07:20 PM
i love fork lifts

robertf03
04-07-2010, 07:32 PM
nice flare!

cj nut
04-07-2010, 10:07 PM
wow with those rear flares its kinda like a wana be dually....

cj nut
04-07-2010, 10:11 PM
ewww.... you could put stacks on it, would probably make the rear fender flares and the rear m/ts blend in better with the truck.....

cj nut
04-20-2010, 05:54 PM
so the truck leaves the ranch, now your wanting to bring it back to store it? well ill help you out with the paint matching once you drop it off, i have an idea......

colman
04-20-2010, 08:06 PM
well i can always take it to my ranch and let it sit......

cj nut
04-20-2010, 10:31 PM
but then your dad would see it.... and then i have to drive blue jeep around.......and i dont want to scratch it....

colman
04-21-2010, 12:41 AM
so i still need a maroon pass fender and a front bumper. preferably a full replacement. first deal fell thru and since then ive only found one fender and they wanted 250 for it. i wasn't gonna spend over 150. was hoping for less

colman
04-10-2011, 03:59 PM
picked up a full ranch hand replacement for 200 with dull paint so im getting it powedercoated at work for cost. sweet. on a sad note the transmission finally gave up the ghost. 205k miles on an original 47re. if i didn't know the orig owners and its hisory i wouldn't have believed it. so i'm getting a tripple disc converter, a shift kit in the vb and a few extra clutches thrown in during the rebuild.

cj nut
04-10-2011, 07:32 PM
So it finally kicked the bucket?

stx4wheeler
04-10-2011, 08:08 PM
So it finally kicked the bucket?

Nope I think it's still shifting fine corey. He just posted it died as a joke.:flipoff2:

cj nut
04-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Na knowing that it pulled 4 horses all over the united states for 190k made me think it would last forever...

colman
11-16-2011, 01:35 AM
mod can you move this to the buildup page

sam_hodnett
11-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Done

eight
11-16-2011, 08:57 AM
I'm at over 270K on my original automatic.

colman
11-16-2011, 11:13 AM
you my friend as usual are more the exception than the rule

and i will get a pic of it in the daylight. completely diff truck than when i first got it.