PDA

View Full Version : I think I installed the most exspensive lockright!

Ben97XJ
12-03-2002, 05:21 PM
After installing the lockright I saw that I needed new bearings and got them pressed on the carrier moves in the housing. I guess the shop left off the shims behind the bearings. Now I am taking it to J&P to get it looked at.

Fredo
12-03-2002, 05:43 PM
Man, that sucks to hear. J&P should treat you right on the axle. Seeing your post reminded me. Are you from Plano? I was at Cinemark on Legacy the friday after thanksgiving and I saw a blue XJ in the parking lot with a TAMOR windshield sticker. The only one I could think of was yours so I figured I'd ask if you were up there.

froader03
12-03-2002, 06:20 PM
thought this might interest most folks who haven't seen it... figured I'd post it here (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97211) since it's similar to ben's situation.

Ben97XJ
12-03-2002, 09:56 PM
Ya that was me at legacy. I am from Rowlett but the girl lives right off of I-90 and Brand so legacy is closer. Ya I just hopu that I didn't burn up my gears. I talked to J&P and they said the best case it will be around 150-175 because they have to pull the axle. I will try and get them to pull the cover and see if there is actually something wrong. Hopefully I was just mistaken ( doubt it )

froader03
12-03-2002, 10:34 PM
pull the axle off and take it to them.

Ben97XJ
12-03-2002, 10:58 PM
Ya I'll just pull in my garage and pull it. Unless your volunteering.

Ben97XJ
12-05-2002, 04:40 PM
I was wondering if someone could donate their driveway and some jackstands so I can pull my axle and drop it off at J&P. It will save me a good load of cash. I was hoping to pull it sat and depending on the problem put it back in next wen or thur. If anybody has some Ideas please let me know.
Thanks,
Ben

Rex
12-05-2002, 09:11 PM
I'd let you use our driveway at home, but i won't be back to Rowlett till the 11-13th. Any other time though just let me know. I've helped Jason set up some gears in a front 44, but for a rear i would definitely take it in. Are you going to pull the whole axle out? The gears are just set up wrong right? Why not just pull the carrier?

Ben97XJ
12-05-2002, 09:42 PM
I need to get the preload fixed. The bearings weren't pressed in right I was going to pull the axle becase it is cheaper that way to take it to J&P. Thanks but I got a driveway at home. I need one in college station.