PDA

View Full Version : Business Shipping Address

DRAGOONRANCH
04-26-2010, 10:10 AM
I need a shipping address to ship the new rims to, anyone know of a wheeler friendly address that I could send them to?

He uses Vitran Express, and they have a dock at 4318 Northfield in Houston. Looks like it is a few blocks west of 290 on Clay (just inside the beltway)

He hopes to be able to ship them by the end of the week, so they 'should' be there by Wednesday I think.

bcolman
04-26-2010, 10:19 AM
are you looking for a place in houston or bryan/college station? Also, where are you getting your tires shipped to?

jerryg79
04-26-2010, 10:20 AM
where do they need to go. You can ship them to our yard. I sign for all the stuff, and can bring them to CS for Jimmy's deal.

JB
04-26-2010, 10:21 AM
If Houston, my site is on the sw side of town. Have forklift if on pallet.

KrazyKarl02
04-26-2010, 10:22 AM
He uses Vitran Express, and they have a dock at 4318 Northfield in Houston. Looks like it is a few blocks west of 290 on Clay (just inside the beltway)

For that matter can someone with a truck just pick these up from the dock at Northfield? That is how I got my air conditioner for my house, just backed up and they loaded it up.

jerryg79
04-26-2010, 10:26 AM
For that matter can someone with a truck just pick these up from the dock at Northfield? That is how I got my air conditioner for my house, just backed up and they loaded it up.

yeah that is what i was thinking too. Did the same thing for my crate motor at Roadway.

I can run over there during lunch one day.

DRAGOONRANCH
04-26-2010, 10:26 AM
are you looking for a place in houston or bryan/college station? Also, where are you getting your tires shipped to?

College Station if possible. I am not for sure on the tires, I am still trying to get ahold of Willie Woo w/ MT to see what the 411 is.

where do they need to go. You can ship them to our yard. I sign for all the stuff, and can bring them to CS for Jimmy's deal.

That would work for me, but let me see if I can find an address in CS.

If Houston, my site is on the sw side of town. Have forklift if on pallet.

I don't know about the pallet, will check though.

Yes, that would work also.

RCcola55
04-26-2010, 10:29 AM
ship it to lances shop in bryan, we have gotten a rig in there before, and im sure if need be we can unload each tire individually

jerryg79
04-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Let me know, I can do either. I can find a place to store them for a few days and drop them with dexterites or whatever monkey is currently f-ing this football :)

DRAGOONRANCH
04-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Address? The rims will probably be on a pallet, but I would think that it would be easy enough to break it down to unload them w/out a forklift.

DRAGOONRANCH
04-26-2010, 10:32 AM
whatever monkey is currently f-ing this football :)

Damn it! I told the guys at 218 to tarp it when Rowdy came by to visit....

RCcola55
04-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Address? The rims will probably be on a pallet, but I would think that it would be easy enough to break it down to unload them w/out a forklift.

3700 S. College Bryan, Tx 77801.

do you know when we will expect them? Also are the rims going to be coated or is powder coating still needed?

DRAGOONRANCH
04-26-2010, 10:52 AM
The rims should be in Wednesday next week (or roundabouts there). He just said they should be finished by the end of the week.

The rims will come painted.

RCcola55
04-26-2010, 10:57 AM
and tires?

DRAGOONRANCH
04-26-2010, 11:12 AM
The tires will need to be powder coated. When I asked him if they did that or I had to, he just laughed. Guess the free tires should be 'good enough'... :confused2:

Sharpe
04-26-2010, 12:19 PM
The tires will need to be powder coated.

Wut?:confused:

DRAGOONRANCH
04-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Yeah, they come in a dingy yellow color and will need to be coated black to look right. Some new fangled way of 'curing' the new rubber mix does it the way he was talking. Don't ask me, I just work here...

agjohn02
04-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Is it April 1st in Iraq?

DRAGOONRANCH
04-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Damn you john, I was hoping to get a bit more comedic value out of ol' sharpiepoo...

Actually, I think it's the 13th of Jumādā al-Ūlā

DRAGOONRANCH
04-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Welp, guess the joke is on me. Just got ahold of MT and they are not offering tires to the alternates and will only offer them if I make it in. What a crock of crap.

bcolman
04-26-2010, 01:22 PM
that sucks

colman
04-26-2010, 05:22 PM
so are you able to get out of ordering the rims?

DRAGOONRANCH
04-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Yes, he canceled it after I told him what was up. Cool dude, I would recommend him for future business for sure. His stuff aint cheap, but he doesn't have any competitors in the 20" double beadlock market right now.

agjohn02
04-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Welp, guess the joke is on me. Just got ahold of MT and they are not offering tires to the alternates and will only offer them if I make it in. What a crock of crap.

Time to break some knee caps with a pipe.

DRAGOONRANCH
04-27-2010, 01:27 AM
Yeah, he asked me what I was running and told him about the boggers. He was trying to find out if I liked them. He didn't seem to like what I had to say. Didn't know what to say after I asked him if he had ever seen the grooving video on youtube and told him that was us. I tried to be as civil as possible, as I didn't want to get uninvited but made it clear I was going to put on a show with my boggers. ;)

I will NOT be running their tire no matter how it turns out now. If they wanted to sponsor the event, then they should have made it clear to FW to let the contestants know ahead of time that there was a possibility that not everyone would be offered the tires. This goes completely against what I was told when I was extended the offer by Doug.