PDA

View Full Version : The Kernal

TdmayfieldIV
06-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Named after my Dad's rank but not worthy of being called a colonel ***.

It's my Dad's Jeep and I have to give it back to him when he gets back from germany, so all the mods have to go through him. Nothing extreme cause it still has to be my daily driver but i plan on wheeling it when the bronco is down for it's won ton swap.

He already agreed to pay for a lift if I fix the rear axle. The truck was spun down an icy hill and slammed into a curb with the driver's side rear wheel. The wheel wobbles but you can't feel it when you're driving.

so here it is

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/703411/fullsize/089.jpg

06 wranger x
31" goodyear wranger mt/r's

Other stuff I have for it

hard top
soft top
bikini top (x2)
tonneu cover with bulkhead thingy
Half doors

Other than that it is all stock. It has 65,000 miles and it runs perfectly

So first step is a 2"-3" lift on the cheap, He won't be willing to spend alot of money so maybe spring pucks or something used.

Second will be a performance upgrade, it is really slow, maybe something that will also give a fuel mileage upgrade.

Cheap Lifts?
Performance/Mileage upgrade?

Sparling
06-24-2010, 10:51 AM
You might could fit 2 blowers under the hood for the ultimate performance!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7YWT6rX0o

uglyota
06-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Isn't that the same as Tate's jeep? You should buy him a beer and pick his brain...then do the exact opposite of whatever he says :flipoff2:

srsly though fix the rear axle (maybe just a rim?) and pretend it's a civic. Don't screw up your dad's car.

85cj7
06-24-2010, 11:32 AM
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=RK-200B-TJ&Category_Code=sus_tj_kit

http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/edge_trailjammer_tj/index.asp
you won't like the price of it though

I actually agree with hippy on this one though, why modify it at all? It CAN wheel the way it is and drive down the road without any problems. Why spend time/money on something temporary?

TdmayfieldIV
06-24-2010, 11:34 AM
already changed the rim.

TdmayfieldIV
06-24-2010, 11:37 AM
He kinda already wants a small lift so he will keep that. I am thinking of selling one of the bikini tops and the tonneu cover to cover the costs.

bburris
06-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Forgive the website that was published by an infant, but we've got pretty good prices on 2" spacer lifts with and without shocks.

http://collinsbros.stores.yahoo.net/97tjwran1sus.html

AggieTJ2007
06-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Forgive the website that was published by an infant, but we've got pretty good prices on 2" spacer lifts with and without shocks.

http://collinsbros.stores.yahoo.net/97tjwran1sus.html

I would definitely get parts and advice through Brett. If he is as cool as Fred he can get you pretty good deal on parts as well.

breckboarder55
06-24-2010, 12:47 PM
There are a couple active members on here with TJs.

There are NO worthwhile mods for fuel economy.
Performance gains are not large enough to generate any significant power... Waste of money IMO.

The edge trail jammer gains are disputable, with many people not seeing the same gains. But its $1000 for an air intake that will be more susceptible to sucking up water, and a bored stock throttle body with a larger plate... IIRC it does have a smoother flow to it, but it is only like 2-4mm larger than stock. So 1k dollars buys you a disputed 21hp... When people are swapping Dodge 5.2/5.9s and GM gen III/IV V-8s for a little over 2 grand... I know where I am going to spend my money when I want more power.

Rustys stuff is mostly crap. its kinda like Harbor freight, some works some docent. Its all cheap.

Lift crap:
First off, do not buy your lift from Quadratec/4wheel parts, etc. If your not already on Pirate 4x4 or Jeep forums, join. Go to the vendor area suspension section, and look for threads with vendors advertising the lifts you want on sale. These vendors are much cheaper than the Quadratec/4wheel parts, and will compete with each other.

I have 4 x 2.25" pucks in a box I will give you for $20 bucks. You will need to buy longer shocks and adjust your bump stops.

I would not recommend a budget boost just because you can buy some springs for not too much more. (when buying new) I bought a BB and ended up replacing the pucks/stock springs for OME springs because the stock springs sagged. Replacement springs can be had relatively cheap, and can possibly give you a better ride, will offer more travel, etc.

Rubicon Express makes some decent kits for the money. Stay away from pro-comp(specifically control arms), and other cheapos. Other recommended kits are BDS, OME, Currie, Clayton, and a couple of others.

Anything over 3" will require a transfer-case drop or a 1" body lift and 1" motor mount lift, or a SYE and a drive shaft. Anything over 2.5" generally requires at least an adjustable rear track bar. A 1" body lift will also help you tuck your gas tank up higher, as well as your transfer-case.

Most cheap lifts take short cuts when it comes to bushings, spring/shock quality etc. Stay away from control arms with poly bushings.

Do you have a manual or an auto? Wrangler Xs came with the D35c, which will be fine on 31"s as long as your not an idiot.

If your going to wheel it the first things I would say you should do is:

Home made disconnects
Rocker guards (fabricated, or purchased)

bburris
06-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Another direction to go would be with some 2" Pro-Comp coils and some decent shocks to match. Pro-Comp gets a bad rap from a lot of people but their 2" coils seem to hold up well. Then you just match whatever shocks that come with most 2" puck lifts to their coils and you've got a decent lift that will ride well...

Unless you take off the rear sway bar, then you'll get to have fun figuring out how to lift your rear wheels when making U-turns. One of my old roommates almost crapped himself when he felt it happen the first time so I just started taking quick turns through the HEB parking lot until he started to look pale.

stx4wheeler
06-24-2010, 01:10 PM
There are a couple active members on here with TJs.

Wheel wobble is pretty common on TJ's, especially with M/Ts.
Get the tires balanced, and see if that helps. After that look at your alignment, TREs, etc.

There are NO worthwhile mods for fuel economy.
Performance gains are not large enough to generate any significant power... Waste of money IMO.

The edge trail jammer gains are disputable, with many people not seeing the same gains. But its $1000 for an air intake that will be more susceptible to sucking up water, and a bored stock throttle body with a larger plate... IIRC it does have a smoother flow to it, but it is only like 2-4mm larger than stock. So 1k dollars buys you a disputed 21hp... When people are swapping Dodge 5.2/5.9s and GM gen III/IV V-8s for a little over 2 grand... I know where I am going to spend my money when I want more power.

Rustys stuff is mostly crap. Poor shocks, and springs that sag.

Lift crap:
First off, do not buy your lift from Quadratec/4wheel parts, etc. If your not already on Pirate 4x4 or Jeep forums, join. Go to the vendor area suspension section, and look for threads with vendors advertising the lifts you want on sale. These vendors are much cheaper than the Quadratec/4wheel parts, and will compete with each other.

I have 4 x 2.25" pucks in a box I will give you for $20 bucks. You will need to buy longer shocks and adjust your bump stops.

I would not recommend a budget boost just because you can buy some springs for not too much more. (when buying new) I bought a BB and ended up replacing the pucks/stock springs for OME springs because the stock springs sagged. Replacement springs can be had relatively cheap, and can possibly give you a better ride, will offer more travel, etc.

Rubicon Express makes some decent kits for the money. Stay away from pro-comp, and other cheapos. Other recommended kits are BDS, OME, Currie, Clayton, and a couple of others.

Anything over 3" will require a transfer-case drop or a 1" body lift and 1" motor mount lift, or a SYE and a drive shaft. Anything over 2.5" generally requires at least an adjustable rear track bar. A 1" body lift will also help you tuck your gas tank up higher, as well as your transfer-case.

Most cheap lifts take short cuts when it comes to bushings, spring/shock quality etc. Stay away from control arms with poly bushings.

Do you have a manual or an auto? Wrangler Xs came with the D35c, which will be fine on 31"s as long as your not an idiot.

If your going to wheel it the first things I would say you should do is:

Home made disconnects
Rocker guards (fabricated, or purchased)

Yes start by replacing TRE's and get it aligned to fix a problem with the Rear end.:p

Don't wheel your dads jeep say thanks for the daily driver and go on down the road. We have already seen how bad you destroy the bronco at places with mud. :flipoff2:

breckboarder55
06-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Yes start by replacing TRE's and get it aligned to fix a problem with the Rear end.:p

Don't wheel your dads jeep say thanks for the daily driver and go on down the road. We have already seen how bad you destroy the bronco at places with mud. :flipoff2:

In my ADDness I interpreted it as steering wheel shake... :(

Shaggy
06-24-2010, 01:31 PM
i have a 3" kit I dont need anymore

JB
06-24-2010, 01:55 PM
A good quality 3" kit w/ some 32s, maybe lock the rear, winch up front, follow that up later with some body protection, good to go.

TdmayfieldIV
06-24-2010, 03:06 PM

It destroyed itself because it was tired of being beaten, we already discussed this.:gigem:

You're probably right, I'll probably just do the puck lift with new springs and sway bar disconnects.

First thing is fixing the rear axle, it wobbled before and after the new tires so it's definitely not the tires.

I found out at katemcy that wheeling conservatively is alot cheaper so that's what i'm going to try to do from now on. I'll only be wheeling it when the bronco is down, so hopefully not much.

Its a manual

agjohn02
06-24-2010, 03:24 PM
You are referring the just the axle shaft, right? I would definitely find a used shaft and replace just that before I replaced the whole axle.

TdmayfieldIV
06-24-2010, 03:38 PM
You are referring the just the axle shaft, right? I would definitely find a used shaft and replace just that before I replaced the whole axle.

Yeah, I haven't looked but I think it is just the shaft. I am not planning to replace the whole axle.

tommy53002
06-24-2010, 04:13 PM
if its a dana 35 i know where some shafts are in CS that you can have.

Shaggy
06-24-2010, 04:29 PM
which side?... i have a pass side

TdmayfieldIV
06-24-2010, 06:33 PM
drivers side, are they different?

Sharpe
06-24-2010, 06:45 PM

Just when I think we're starting to make progress with you [headslap]

breckboarder55
06-24-2010, 06:59 PM

They are the same. I have two spares for wheeling if you can't find any, but you should be able to find some for cheap.

3.07s are standard on NSG370 TJs, but 3.73s were an option... I would consider staying with 31"s if you have 3.07s...

Here are the homemade disconnects:
http://www.4x4xplor.com/homediscos.html
Been running with these for a while. $10 or so to make.

TdmayfieldIV
06-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Just when I think we're starting to make progress with you [headslap]

They are the same.

Just when you think someone knows what they are talking about [headslap]

ZING

breckboarder55
06-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Just when you think someone knows what they are talking about [headslap]

ZING

Sure enough, I pull out my spares and they are different... I have been lugging these guys around for almost two years... Every trip... and I never noticed.

What is the opposite of being on fire? Covered in ****? ... Yeah, I'm covered in **** today.

TdmayfieldIV
06-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Colorado wheeling in the kernal with my buddies Fj

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/n690844794_625715_2974.jpg?t=1277827528

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/n690844794_625728_7686.jpg?t=1277827584

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/n690844794_625727_7322.jpg?t=1277827584

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/n690844794_625726_6943.jpg?t=1277827584

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/n690844794_625722_5478.jpg?t=1277827584

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/n690844794_625722_5478.jpg?t=1277827584

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/n690844794_625719_4430.jpg?t=1277827584

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/n690844794_625718_3996.jpg?t=1277827584

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/n690844794_625717_3651.jpg?t=1277827584

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/n690844794_625729_8059.jpg?t=1277827851

Sparling
06-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Needs more triangu.... oh, wrong thread

85cj7
06-29-2010, 11:18 AM
thats cute, playing in a puddle.

breckboarder55
06-29-2010, 11:20 AM

Beat me to it. :gigem:

Are you in Colorado right now?

TdmayfieldIV
06-29-2010, 12:43 PM
I know, that was the most exciting part of the trail. My buddy didn't want to scratch up his fj so he complained the whole time we were going through the tight stuff. That was eagle rock but we made a wrong turn and never got to the top.

TdmayfieldIV
06-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Needs more triangu.... oh, wrong thread

How long did you spend on paint making that? put alot of work into a joke that was only mildly funny

FJAggie07
06-29-2010, 03:32 PM
I know, that was the most exciting part of the trail. My buddy didn't want to scratch up his fj so he complained the whole time we were going through the tight stuff. That was eagle rock but we made a wrong turn and never got to the top.

Don't get your rocks off making fun of the FJ cruiser, you have no real leg to stand on there bubba. You are driving your dad's jeep.

How long did you spend on paint making that? put alot of work into a joke that was only mildly funny

I found it extremely funny. Go Thuper Moderator GO! Delete his post!

uglyota
06-29-2010, 03:35 PM
sounds to me like he was making fun of his buddy for not wanting to scratch his car

FJAggie07
06-29-2010, 03:52 PM
sounds to me like he was making fun of his buddy for not wanting to scratch his car

Maybe so.

TdmayfieldIV
06-29-2010, 04:08 PM

This

That fj is awesome and i would buy it from him in a heartbeat. He's got the icon 2" lift, rear locker and off-road traction control. Prerunner bumper with HID lights. Lowrance gps, pioneer touch screen with two jl audio subs. He's thinking of doing the urd supercharger too.

I'm not bashing the fj at all. just him for not wanting to pinstripe it:flipoff2:

agjohn02
06-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Don't get your rocks off making fun of the FJ cruiser, you have no real leg to stand on there bubba. You are driving your dad's jeep.

I found it extremely funny. Go Thuper Moderator GO! Delete his post!

touchy much? FJC's suck!

Sparling
06-29-2010, 04:40 PM

I think that post took me a whole 30 seconds. It's not hard to trace the stock cage and add a few more lines. I think this post probably took more time.

uglyota
06-29-2010, 05:33 PM
This

That fj is awesome and i would buy it from him in a heartbeat. He's got the icon 2" lift, rear locker and off-road traction control. Prerunner bumper with HID lights. Lowrance gps, pioneer touch screen with two jl audio subs. He's thinking of doing the urd supercharger too.

I'm not bashing the fj at all. just him for not wanting to pinstripe it:flipoff2:

see chris. and what are you worried about anyway, you sold your silly minivan :flipoff2:

FJAggie07
06-29-2010, 06:21 PM
see chris. and what are you worried about anyway, you sold your silly minivan :flipoff2:

Shut up Tahoe boy. :flipoff2:

uglyota
06-29-2010, 06:33 PM
I still have my silly minivan. It tows the uglytruck :D

Seth
06-29-2010, 09:49 PM

yes the pics were lame, but you don't have room to talk about posting an abundance of poser pics.

mudtoy67
06-30-2010, 12:02 AM
This thread has been proper hijacked.:laughing:

TdmayfieldIV
06-30-2010, 06:04 AM
This thread has been proper hijacked.:laughing:

Oh well, the trucks not getting anything done to it for 2 months anyway.

Sparling
06-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Sorry tommy, I took it too far with the tube work and got lazy with the wiring, so pretty much I scrapped it and you'll need to find a suitable replacement DD.

TdmayfieldIV
06-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Sorry tommy, I took it too far with the tube work and got lazy with the wiring, so pretty much I scraped it and you'll need to find a suitable replacement DD.

You scraped it? Paint scraper?

Sparling
06-30-2010, 07:31 AM
You scraped it? Paint scraper?

:flipoff2:

TdmayfieldIV
08-10-2010, 02:22 AM
This axle is really starting to worry me, there's no fluid leaking yet but I can feel the wobble in the steering wheel at 65. I'm sure that axle has eaten the **** out of the bearing and will soon fail. I need to fix this when i get back.

Also, the a/c is acting up. When I have it blowing out of the top vents it won't blow at 1 or 2, only on 3 and 4. When its on recirculate it will blow on all four levels.

The key cylinder is messed up too, my dad had it replaced before he left because my brother didn't know about the button to take the key out and wiggled it so much that it wouldn't start anymore. You can take the key out in any position.

Sparling
08-10-2010, 02:59 AM
You can take the key out in any position.

I can do this on my truck and I love it. I can keep the engine running while unlocking a toolbox or opening a gate at the farm. My brother can do it on his grand am and locks the doors with the engine running and AC on when he goes inside a gas station when he has his dog with him.

DRAGOONRANCH
08-10-2010, 03:03 AM
I can do this on my truck and I love it. I can keep the engine running while unlocking a toolbox or opening a gate at the farm. My brother can do it on his grand am and locks the doors with the engine running and AC on when he goes inside a gas station when he has his dog with him.

I had a gasser here at work that you could do that with, it sure was nice to come back to a truck that wasn't 673 degrees inside. :laughing:

RCcola55
08-10-2010, 10:28 AM

i used to do that as a joke to freak out riders, i threw a few keys out the window by accident as well

TdmayfieldIV
01-07-2011, 11:10 AM
So the axle wobble has gotten worse now, and its spraying out diff oil. When I was driving back from Killeen before I left, I happened to look under there at a gas station and there was gear oil all over the underside of the body. The diff cover was hot and the paint was melting off. I had to add a quart of fluid. This is getting bad now I need to do something or I won't have a DD.

So now I have two problems, 1. the axle wobble and 2. pinion seal leaking.

Anyone have rear d35 stock laying around? It might be easier to swap a whole axle rather than a pinion seal and whatever is wrong with the axle.

Sharpe
01-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Wobble is probably ****ed up pinion bearings which destroyed the seal. You'll prob need a new ring and pinion plus install.

DRAGOONRANCH
01-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Bah! Sharpe just wants you to spend money unnecessarily...

Just weld the diff and that wobble will go away. ;)

http://www.vaux-extreme.com/pics/diff.jpg

Shaggy
01-07-2011, 01:04 PM
haha.. you can rob anything you want off my dana 35 it is going to scrap

TdmayfieldIV
01-07-2011, 04:47 PM
haha.. you can rob anything you want off my dana 35 it is going to scrap

can you hold onto it until I get back? I fly in this thurs

Shaggy
01-07-2011, 05:33 PM
no prob

TdmayfieldIV
04-24-2011, 11:03 PM
After fixing the rear axle, putting 30 more psi in the tires (were at 20) and changing my driving style i am now getting 12 city and 15 hwy.

TdmayfieldIV
06-18-2011, 01:11 AM
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/015-3.jpg
trying to convince my dad to let me trade in for something like this.

2006 150
60,000 miles
5.4, cruise control, cloth seats, one owner, clean carfax. It's a really clean truck.

I'm working on getting the jeep perfect. I need
Tj sun visors
fix the front fenders
-I took a hammer and dolly to them and made a world of difference
-One dent from offroading in colorado
-one side ****ed up from someone backing into me in the parking lot (not the recent one but when it was parked and had the bra on)
Blower motor resistor (bought, not installed yet)
Clean and detail
Balance the tires.

I don't know how I can convince my dad to go through the trouble. The ford is equal value of the jeep (trade in value vs. the fords asking price)

Hopefully I can talk some sense into him. Believe me I am grateful that my parents gave me the jeep. It is a reliable way to get to school and work but it is impractical.

RCcola55
06-18-2011, 10:48 AM
take it somewhere to get detailed, that thing is going to need some work to get the assdip90w stink out of it

TdmayfieldIV
06-18-2011, 10:30 PM
The jeep is getting closer and closer to showroom condition.
Today I cleaned it out and shampooed the rear carpet. The carpet didn't smell like gear oil anymore but I shampooed it anyway. Next are the seats and front carpet.

New blower motor resistor installed, it's nice to have 4 blower settings
New idler pulley installed, the new one from advance took a crap again so here is number 3.

By the way, the armor all with citrus oil makes whatever you clean sticky. Tuff stuff is good, and the meguiars odor eliminator really does work well. It took the ass/dip/dirty sock smell out of my seats.

Sparling
06-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Glass cleaner works on everything and leaves it dry and non sticky. We sell stuff at work that's good for getting smells out. I'm not sure what it's called but apparently it's illegal to store in your car because it can cover up the smell of weed, hotpocket probably knows what it's called.

JB
06-19-2011, 08:42 PM
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/015-3.jpg
trying to convince my dad to let me trade in for something like this.

2006 150
60,000 miles
5.4, cruise control, cloth seats, one owner, clean carfax. It's a really clean truck.

I'm working on getting the jeep perfect. I need
Tj sun visors
fix the front fenders
-I took a hammer and dolly to them and made a world of difference
-One dent from offroading in colorado
-one side ****ed up from someone backing into me in the parking lot (not the recent one but when it was parked and had the bra on)
Blower motor resistor (bought, not installed yet)
Clean and detail
Balance the tires.

I don't know how I can convince my dad to go through the trouble. The ford is equal value of the jeep (trade in value vs. the fords asking price)

Hopefully I can talk some sense into him. Believe me I am grateful that my parents gave me the jeep. It is a reliable way to get to school and work but it is impractical.

They are good trucks. Good luck on the convincing.

Hot Pocket
06-19-2011, 08:49 PM
ozium.. youre welcome

KrazyKarl02
06-19-2011, 09:43 PM
ozium.. youre welcome

Don't let that **** hit your skin, it burns!

TdmayfieldIV
06-20-2011, 12:10 AM
John, does your transmission always feel like it is shifting? I took that one for a test drive and it was constantly changing gear. Maybe the computer isn't used to my driving style.

TdmayfieldIV
07-29-2011, 09:47 PM
So bad news. My dad told me today that they are moving back next summer so ill be out of a daily driver. So either ill be driving the bronco around or ill have to buy a dd, which means a loan. If I can save up enough and pay for my parents 03 Yukon Xl denali 6.0L to be shipped back then I can have it until I graduate. That would tow the bronco just fine I think.

JB
07-29-2011, 11:09 PM
I would save up a couple Gs for a down payment on a used 10kish 1/2ton. Get a loan, then get more hours at current job. I worked 20-30 while taking 13-15 hrs....which is nothing special....alot of of people do alot more. Faggie is going to tell you to pay cash, dont take a note blah blah, but you are in college, its what college people do. Just dont be stupid and buy some overpriced bro'd out diesel. Pay that **** off as soon as you can.

04-08 F150s can be had for that price, but they will have a few more miles on them. Not a big deal, just be smart when buying. Not sure on the Chevys, but I am sure a truck like Cook's with similar miles would be about the same.

Your parents suburban would be nice, but really, are you hauling bitches around town? No, your hauling ****ty greasy Bronco parts around that you picked up from Leroy in in Millican off Craigslist...you need a pickup.

BroncoJo
07-30-2011, 12:25 AM
You live on campus, dd the bronco. Are you really going to be able to buy and maintain another vehicle, buy a trailer to tow the bronco, and continue to build up and wheel the bronco? Buy a 10k ish half ton when you graduate.

NealtheDestroyr
07-30-2011, 01:32 AM
My heep is for sale, just throwing that out there. Probly wouldn't make a good tow rig...

bcolman
07-30-2011, 02:21 AM
my truck will be for sale in the near(next few weeks) future, i will cut you a deal if you are interested,

sam_hodnett
07-30-2011, 09:37 AM
So bad news. My dad told me today that they are moving back next summer so ill be out of a daily driver. So either ill be driving the bronco around or ill have to buy a dd, which means a loan. If I can save up enough and pay for my parents 03 Yukon Xl denali 6.0L to be shipped back then I can have it until I graduate. That would tow the bronco just fine I think.

How much is it gonna be to ship the yukon?

FJAggie07
07-30-2011, 01:29 PM
I would save up a couple Gs for a down payment on a used 10kish 1/2ton. Get a loan, then get more hours at current job. I worked 20-30 while taking 13-15 hrs....which is nothing special....alot of of people do alot more. Faggie is going to tell you to pay cash, dont take a note blah blah, but you are in college, its what college people do. Just dont be stupid and buy some overpriced bro'd out diesel. Pay that **** off as soon as you can.

Oh Jeebus I get drug down everywhere I turn...

I am not against taking out a loan for a DD, I am against taking out a loan for a TOY. I took out a loan for my FJ Cruiser my junior year in college. Financed it so my payments were $236 a month which was affordable for me. That being said I wasn't trying to afford a wheeling vehicle at the same time which is where things get tricky. If you plan on continuing to modify the Bronco, make payments on a vehicle loan, go to school full time and work part time, well I think funds will get pretty short pretty quick. Just my opinion that it probably isn't the best financial move. I say either DD the Bronco or sell the Bronco for everything it is worth and get a loan on a DD/mild wheeler that you can have fun in and will be reliable. Just my .02.

AggieTJ2007
07-30-2011, 02:49 PM
my truck will be for sale in the near(next few weeks) future, i will cut you a deal if you are interested,

why are you selling the truck?

JB
07-31-2011, 04:04 PM
dd the bronco. .

I mean, I know his Bronco is in your shop...but you have seen it right???:flipoff2:

davido
08-01-2011, 03:54 PM
...but really, are you hauling bitches around town? No, your hauling ****ty greasy Bronco parts around that you picked up from Leroy in in Millican off Craigslist...you need a pickup.

Funnay. :)