PDA

View Full Version : Diamondback .380 for Sale!

NealtheDestroyr
07-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Up for sale is my little carry piece. Ive shot 200rds thru it so far but replaced it with the S&W MP9c. Had a couple of stovepipes but thats from limpwristing. Fun little gun to shoot, great CCW. Erginomics like a glock but with DAO trigger and no safety.
250$ OBO

My photobucket FU is not strong. For some reason it wont let me attach my pics. WTF. I can email them to you though so just send a pm.

NealtheDestroyr
07-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Will do 200 for tamor...:)
Might be able to scrounge up a little ammo also.

MR.ZAP
11-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Still for sale???

BroncoJo
11-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Still for sale???

I believe it is sold, but this is not a good first pistol of that's what you're looking for

MR.ZAP
11-29-2010, 01:15 PM
No man my Uncle is looking for a .380, first pistol will hopefully be a Ruger SR40 that I buy myself for my 21st :gigem:

NealtheDestroyr
11-29-2010, 01:52 PM
This pistol has been sold. It wasnt a very good buy IMHO. I got it because i wanted something small but it turned out to not be very reliable and if i was to do it again i would have bought the Sig 238. Ill stick to my M&P 9c from now on.

Sharpe
11-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Ruger semi-autos suck. Just thought you should know.

NealtheDestroyr
11-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Ruger semi-autos suck. Just thought you should know.

I agree. All the ruger autos ive shot have been ****ty. Their revolvers OTOH have been fakkin awesome.

Sharpe
11-29-2010, 01:54 PM
This pistol has been sold. It wasnt a very good buy IMHO. I got it because i wanted something small but it turned out to not be very reliable and if i was to do it again i would have bought the Sig 238. Ill stick to my M&P 9c from now on.

+1 on the 238. It is suprisingly accurate and comfortable to shoot for being so small. I want to get a Bersa thunder .380 to try out though. Its a bit bigger but I've read good reviews on it. They're only ~$300 too.

NealtheDestroyr
11-29-2010, 01:57 PM
+1 on the 238. It is suprisingly accurate and comfortable to shoot for being so small. I want to get a Bersa thunder .380 to try out though. Its a bit bigger but I've read good reviews on it. They're only ~$300 too.

Too bad the sig is so ****in expensive.... I might have to check out the bersa just for ****s and giggles.

MR.ZAP
11-29-2010, 06:40 PM
I agree. All the ruger autos ive shot have been ****ty. Their revolvers OTOH have been fakkin awesome.

All I have heard about the new Ruger semis is reliability, reliability, reliability. What is wrong with them? Thanks anyways btw.

I was also looking at S&W, CZ, Springfield, and Walther...

Sharpe
11-29-2010, 06:46 PM
All I have heard about the new Ruger semis is reliability, reliability, reliability. What is wrong with them? Thanks anyways btw.

Trigger sucks and they are clunky in general.

NealtheDestroyr
11-29-2010, 07:55 PM

Crappy trigger, poor quality control, and chunky like sharpe said. Get a M&P or Glock if you're worried about reliability. Parts are plentiful and they both have stellar customer service.

MR.ZAP
11-29-2010, 09:23 PM
I like the M&Ps... How about their SDs???

NealtheDestroyr
11-29-2010, 10:12 PM
I like the M&Ps... How about their SDs???

From what ive read and heard the SD is S&W answer to the glock 19. Are you going to be carrying it?

OTOH I love my M&P9c. 12rds 9mm, stippled and cerakoted. ****ing accurate too.

BroncoJo
11-29-2010, 10:17 PM
From what ive read and heard the SD is S&W answer to the glock 19. Are you going to be carrying it?

OTOH I love my M&P9c. 12rds 9mm, stippled and cerakoted. ****ing accurate too.

Not if you're shooting it :flipoff2::flipoff2:

NealtheDestroyr
11-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Not if you're shooting it :flipoff2::flipoff2:

only when you're there, dick. youre bad luck

MR.ZAP
11-30-2010, 12:42 AM
I MIGHT be carrying it, dunno yet... Got to wait until September rolls around again anyways. I was mainly gunning for a Ruger because of the great price and all the stuff that comes with them. What I wanted to do was get a 9mm/.40 and a .22lr for plinking/practice.

NealtheDestroyr
11-30-2010, 02:13 PM
I MIGHT be carrying it, dunno yet... Got to wait until September rolls around again anyways. I was mainly gunning for a Ruger because of the great price and all the stuff that comes with them. What I wanted to do was get a 9mm/.40 and a .22lr for plinking/practice.

Have you shot either the glock or M&P or the ruger? I'd suggest going to champions and firing a mag or two out of each pistol and deciding then. If you like the ruger then go for it. Im going to suggest the M&P because thats what i prefer. Its accurate, comes with better backstraps than either the glock or the ruger and SW has bad ass customer service. It just feels better to ME personally. You cant go wrong with glock though. Very reliable, accurate and the parts are very very plentiful. Easy to work on too. I chose 9mm over 40 because i can carry +p loads and be just as effective as 40cal. Lower recoil=more controlable=more rounds on target.Plus its kinda cheaper to shoot. Im also a firm believer in shot placement being more effective than caliber(to a certain degree). IF you buy any of these pistols make sure you take to the range and shoot the piss out of it. Im not saying go and set up a target and just blast away but actually go and concentrate on trigger pull and sight picture. Load 5 rounds in each mag and practice reloads. Practice from the draw if you can also. I try to shoot at least 100rds through my CCW at least 1-2 times a month, money permitting.

MR.ZAP
11-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Have you shot either the glock or M&P or the ruger? I'd suggest going to champions and firing a mag or two out of each pistol and deciding then. If you like the ruger then go for it. Im going to suggest the M&P because thats what i prefer. Its accurate, comes with better backstraps than either the glock or the ruger and SW has bad ass customer service. It just feels better to ME personally. You cant go wrong with glock though. Very reliable, accurate and the parts are very very plentiful. Easy to work on too. I chose 9mm over 40 because i can carry +p loads and be just as effective as 40cal. Lower recoil=more controlable=more rounds on target.Plus its kinda cheaper to shoot. Im also a firm believer in shot placement being more effective than caliber(to a certain degree). IF you buy any of these pistols make sure you take to the range and shoot the piss out of it. Im not saying go and set up a target and just blast away but actually go and concentrate on trigger pull and sight picture. Load 5 rounds in each mag and practice reloads. Practice from the draw if you can also. I try to shoot at least 100rds through my CCW at least 1-2 times a month, money permitting.

I have shot a glock 9mm before and it was pretty good. I've yet to shoot a steel frame pistol though. I'll for sure try all of them out before i buy, but for a 9 i was leaning more towards either CZ or Springfield, CZ being the front runner, and Springfield because I hear that they are great pistols and they come with a bunch of extras like a holster, extra mags, speed loader, etc. I do agree with you on the placement over power argument, plus 9 ammo is quite a bit cheaper. This is why i really like CZ, obviously based solely on speculation, because they are supposed to be extremely accurate with high capacity.

NealtheDestroyr
11-30-2010, 05:53 PM
I have shot a glock 9mm before and it was pretty good. I've yet to shoot a steel frame pistol though. I'll for sure try all of them out before i buy, but for a 9 i was leaning more towards either CZ or Springfield, CZ being the front runner, and Springfield because I hear that they are great pistols and they come with a bunch of extras like a holster, extra mags, speed loader, etc. I do agree with you on the placement over power argument, plus 9 ammo is quite a bit cheaper. This is why i really like CZ, obviously based solely on speculation, because they are supposed to be extremely accurate with high capacity.

If you want steel frame 9mm then go CZ. The CZ75 or Rami is a damn good pistol. You wont be disapointed. If you want polymer then go M&P or glock. Springfield=:rolleyes:

stx4wheeler
11-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Man I wish we had a thread that was specifically designated for talking about guns.:flipoff2:

NealtheDestroyr
11-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Man I wish we had a thread that was specifically designated for talking about guns.:flipoff2:

Derpty derp...
Ya it got a little off topic. TO THE "Gun, Guns, Guns" thread then!

BroncoJo
11-30-2010, 08:05 PM
If you want steel frame 9mm then go CZ. The CZ75 or Rami is a damn good pistol. You wont be disapointed. If you want polymer then go M&P or glock. Springfield=:rolleyes:

**** that, arfcom is making you more tacti-cool by the day.

I say go with a Springfield and if it's for carry go with the .40 cal. Mine is plenty accurate, very controllable, easily concealable, high-speed, low-drag makes great bludgeoning device, and I always put more rounds on target than Matt.

even left handed :flipoff2black:

MR.ZAP
11-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Derpty derp...
Ya it got a little off topic. TO THE "Gun, Guns, Guns" thread then!

Sooooooooooo......... :jumps to the Guns, Guns, Guns thread:

NealtheDestroyr
11-30-2010, 08:10 PM
**** that, arfcom is making you more tacti-cool by the day.

I say go with a Springfield and if it's for carry go with the .40 cal. Mine is plenty accurate, very controllable, easily concealable, high-speed, low-drag makes great bludgeoning device, and I always put more rounds on target than Matt.

even left handed :flipoff2black:

We'll see...

BroncoJo
11-30-2010, 08:13 PM
We'll see...

I'm game

MR.ZAP
12-04-2010, 11:50 PM

Jorge Amselle of Concealed Carry Handguns magazine said that the DB380 was, "... one of the most pleasant .380 ACP pocket pistols [he] has ever shot." The firearm world is just full of contradictions, isn't it??? :confused2

TexTJ209
12-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Maybe he has tiny girl hands? Or maybe most .380s suck?

NealtheDestroyr
12-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Maybe he has tiny girl hands? Or maybe most .380s suck?

Like ive said before, every conceal carry handgun is a compromise. This pistol would make a perfect pocket carry piece, whether for formal wear or deep concealment. I didnt like it because i had several FTEs and FTF. Suprisingly it felt as though my hands were too big :flipoff2:. If i ever get another auto pocket pistol then it will be the Sig P238.

MR.ZAP
12-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Like ive said before, every conceal carry handgun is a compromise. This pistol would make a perfect pocket carry piece, whether for formal wear or deep concealment. I didnt like it because i had several FTEs and FTF. Suprisingly it felt as though my hands were too big :flipoff2:. If i ever get another auto pocket pistol then it will be the Sig P238.

If I was going that route I'd get the Walther PK380 because I'm that suave.... ;) The P238s do look sick though.

sam_hodnett
12-06-2010, 12:01 AM
If I was going that route I'd get the Walther PK380 because I'm that suave.... ;) The P238s do look sick though.

I dont think i would call the PK380 a pocket pistol, it is slightly bigger than the XD sub-compact, and is a full inch longer and taller than the P238, so i would call it more of a compact pistol

MR.ZAP
12-06-2010, 12:24 PM
It's still pretty damn small though...

DRAGOONRANCH
12-06-2010, 12:37 PM
That's what she said....

MR.ZAP
12-06-2010, 01:24 PM
That's what she said....

To Sam, yes... :flipoff2: