PDA

View Full Version : NP205 suggestions?

redcagepatrol
08-23-2010, 09:15 AM
From a co-worker:
"I am looking for a divorce mounted NP205 tcase w/ a drivers side front output shaft.

I have a 1966 F150 4x4 that I am still working on and I am going to put a Cummins in it out of a 1993 dodge. It is a 2wd w/ a 5spd manual trans, picked up complete running truck so should have everything I need to swap it. Dodge had the same trans w/ a 4wd and a mated np205 however it is a passenger side output so that won’t work for me.

The trans I currently have in the 66 is a np435 which is a 4 spd, would be nice to keep the 5 spd. Therefore I think the most economical and easiest way to go would be to keep the 2wd 5 spd and get a divorced np205.

Do you have any suggestions on where to start looking? This is more than likely too old for most salvage yards."

advise, suggestions?

Sharpe
08-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Swap a dodge input into a ford case? You might have to get some measurements and take a trip to Purvis for an input bearing bit it should otherwise be prety painless.

tigweld
08-23-2010, 09:53 AM
there on ebay and craigslist all the time. super easy to rebuild.

KrazyKarl02
08-23-2010, 10:12 AM
there on ebay and craigslist all the time. super easy to rebuild.

I think there might be one on Craigslst Houston right now, but as I recollect the guy wants a lot of money for it.

tigweld
08-24-2010, 07:07 AM
I would think a divorce ford one will be more than married just do to the fact it's the only driver drop and divorced setup used in the those old trucks and only for a few years, and the ford cases have better front output adding to value. now if he wanted to swap the front axle to pass drop he might could get a IH divorced case cheaper.