PDA

View Full Version : St1100

davido
02-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Ready to sell. Love it, but never ride. Feel all responsible and stuff now, like I can't just go out and die. :D

So here it is.

1991 Honda ST1100 - 81,000 miles - $2,500

- Aftermarket risers for the handle bars, very adjustable
- Corbeau Leather Seat w/ passenger backrest
- Also have OEM seat, looks brand new
- Top box (matching black, have key)
- New battery last fall.
- New Schumacher trickle charger
- Twin Brother pipes give a nice sound over the stock pipes. Not loud though.
- Rear Tire replaced about 1,000 miles ago

It was hit in a parking lot and knocked over. Some lady backed into it the first day I had it. The cosmetic damage was a cracked plastic mirror cover and some scrapes on the bar ends and saddle bag. The cover still works fine, just has a crack that I glued. The scratches on the saddle bag are noticeable, but not bad because it's black anyway.

So it's not perfect, but it's still a great bike. It was a relatively timeless style, in the best color. It's been my daily driver (for the mile that I was commuting at the time). We've taken it on a few trips down to the coast. I'd ride it back to Florida tomorrow. It's very comfortable and reliable. It was previously owned by a Honda mechanic. Bags are pretty much water tight and have two locks each. I've ridden through the rain with my laptop bag in the top case. No issues.

I hate selling it, but I've hardly started it in almost 2 years since we were expecting our first baby. Only ridden a few times since then. Now we have another baby and my friends have sold off their bikes also.

These are pictures in order by date.

https://picasaweb.google.com/116070223492990018524/1991HondaST1100?authkey=Gv1sRgCNru-77zt4TN2AE#

The include the ones from when I bought it, rode it back, got hit, and the last trip we took. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

sam_hodnett
02-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Hey I just had a guy call me trying to get ahold of you about this bike, call me and i will give you his number

davido
02-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Got it. Thanks.

Not sure why he didn't just email me from the ad. I thought I had it sold today, but the guy decided last night to go another direction. I emailed back the other 5 people. Hopefully it will be gone soon. Just ready to simplify. Need to relist the scooter.

sam_hodnett
02-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Got it. Thanks.

Not sure why he didn't just email me from the ad. I thought I had it sold today, but the guy decided last night to go another direction. I emailed back the other 5 people. Hopefully it will be gone soon. Just ready to simplify. Need to relist the scooter.

He told me he just saw it on tamor, didnt act like he had seen it on craigslist. I was kind of surprised when i listened to the voicemail

davido
02-23-2011, 11:51 PM
Sold it. Sold it. Sold it.

I'm now bikeless again. Boo.

That worked out well though. Bought it for $2,500 4-5 years ago. Got hit in a parking lot and collected $1,900 from insurance. Solid it for $2,500.

Cash money!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_eydf-J9wvmw/TWXi8ZUcm3I/AAAAAAAAaTs/ynh3nGctn78/s912/IMAG0450.jpg

Still have the wife's Scooter. It's next!

Shaggy
02-24-2011, 08:46 AM
how much for the scooter?

davido
02-25-2011, 12:16 AM
$1200. It's posted.

https://picasaweb.google.com/116070223492990018524/CrapToSell?authkey=Gv1sRgCPjk9oHRs8XM5AE#

The guy called and made it back to Corpus at 3AM this morning. I guess the pipes were louder than what he wanted because he was asking if I had the stock pipes still.