PDA

View Full Version : Student Worker

Doug Krebs
02-23-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm busy as crap with school now and don't have much time to work anymore.

What the job entails: Machining (lathe, mill, wire EDM, general shop crap), sometimes there is welding, fabrication, and making "scientific" instruments/test rigs.

You don't have to know how to do any of this, but must have decent mechanical ability. Pay is starting at $8 an hour, possibly more with experience. We need someone that can work at ~10 hours a week potentially more. Hopefully the person can work at least a year.

It's a pretty decent place to work. You have to deal with grad students, but it's a laid back atmosphere.

Contact me if interested.

Seth
02-23-2011, 01:29 PM
doug - i will pass this along to michael murphey's little brother. sounds like it would be good for him.

good to see you are still alive!

NealtheDestroyr
02-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Is this in BCS?

BroncoJo
02-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Is this in BCS?

at A&M

Shaggy
02-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Is this the same shop you worked at like 7-8 years ago? Pretty cool equipment in there...

MR.ZAP
02-23-2011, 02:37 PM
We need someone that can work at ~10 hours a week potentially more. Hopefully the person can work at least a year.

What is a hypothetical set of hours? And is that school year or calendar year?

NealtheDestroyr
02-23-2011, 02:39 PM
damn, if i wasnt already at HMC id be applying. Sounds like fun

Doug Krebs
02-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Hours when someone is there right now is 8-12 in the morning. Meaning that is when you have to work when use anything that can rip your arm off. Wire EDM work can pretty much be done at any time once you are trained.

I should mention that alot of the grad students are foreign. You have to deal with language barriers and that they think they know more than you. They can also be pushy, etc... You cannot respond like a complete ass, only a partial ass.

Keep the resumes coming:flipoff2:

MR.ZAP
02-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Hours when someone is there right now is 8-12 in the morning. Meaning that is when you have to work when use anything that can rip your arm off. Wire EDM work can pretty much be done at any time once you are trained.

I should mention that alot of the grad students are foreign. You have to deal with language barriers and that they think they know more than you. They can also be pushy, etc... You cannot respond like a complete ass, only a partial ass.

Sounds like an awesome job but all of my classes are during those times...

Seth
02-23-2011, 06:53 PM

Little Murphey just started a research assistant gig, but we forwarded it to him anyway, he needs some hands on work.

and ruixian is a down ass china man!