PDA

View Full Version : TAMOR Rig Hall of Fame?

mudtoy67
03-18-2013, 04:33 PM
The deaths of JB's bronco and the Klogger got me thinking. What about some kind of Tamor Rig Hall of Fame? Might be an interesting way of remembering the rigs that have made their mark on this club through the years.

We probably don't want to turn this into an "every rig that ever lived for 10 minutes" thread. So here's a few thoughts:

Frequency:
Maybe do a vote once a month?
Rigs would be nominated
One rig admitted

Eligibility:
Something like pro sports where they have to be retired/dead?
So in rig terms, that could mean -
1- dismembered/scrapped (example - Klogger)
2- disassembled and rebuilt as a different rig (example - Scott's patrol)
3- sold outside of the club
Time limit for eligibility? - number of times in voting? date after first time in voting?

Recognition:
Maybe a short biography of the life of the rig in a Hall of Fame thread?

MR.ZAP
03-18-2013, 04:56 PM
One rig every semester or per year would be more like it. Gotta have some kind of exclusivity to it ;) I like the idea though, maybe we do a nice picture/video montage of each vehicle in a dedicated thread, along with a mechanical and experiential bio.

jasonjuch
03-18-2013, 05:23 PM
I like the idea of voting at clayton each year for a rig and follow the guidelines you posted

mudtoy67
03-18-2013, 05:23 PM
I didn't think about semester...that might be better. I thought 1 per year might be too far apart.

AggieTJ2007
03-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Yeah but the intial class could be several rigs. There are a few that come to mind, if anyone can get to the old ROTM vehicles that is a pretty good start

Nick's Jeep
Scotts Patrol
Busa's Toyota

These are a few of the much older rigs that come to mind.

TdmayfieldIV
03-18-2013, 07:44 PM
It should be like the heisman, after the initial class is brought in, the members of the tamor hall of fame can vote on the new members.

Seth
03-18-2013, 07:47 PM
Tommy has a good point. Who's the first class?

JB
03-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Cool idea! It would be an honor to be in the TAMOR HOF one day.

Scott's Patrol for sure, but what about his Yota? I never wheeled with it but know it had been around.

Troy's TJ?

Nicks CJ5?

Busa's Yota? (Was it the red flat bed?)

Nutz's Mazda? ;)

I think it has to go to rigs that wheeled hard, wheeled often, and wheeled for awhile

Think you got to throw Lurch in there at some point

MR.ZAP
03-18-2013, 09:09 PM
I didn't think about semester...that might be better. I thought 1 per year might be too far apart.

One a month is wayyy too much, but one per semester sounds like a perfect compromise. And Tommy, winning... haha

mudtoy67
03-18-2013, 09:29 PM
It should be like the heisman, after the initial class is brought in, the members of the tamor hall of fame can vote on the new members.

Keep in mind, the HOF would include rigs whose owners may not be involved in the club anymore, and to exclude them wouldn't be in the spirit of a club HOF.

One a month is wayyy too much, but one per semester sounds like a perfect compromise.

I agree. I would suggest leaving voting on the board so that more members have access. The "award" for each semester could be presented at Clayton and TCC.

MR.ZAP
03-18-2013, 09:55 PM
I agree. I would suggest leaving voting on the board so that more members have access. The "award" for each semester could be presented at Clayton and TCC.

Excellent idea. I agree as far as keeping voting on the boards.

StevenAg03
03-19-2013, 12:08 AM
Nutz's TOOLS? ;)

FIFY

Keep in mind, the HOF would include rigs whose owners may not be involved in the club anymore, and to exclude them wouldn't be in the spirit of a club HOF.

Club founders come to mind here...

mudtoy67
03-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Think you got to throw Lurch in there at some point

Lurch will live forever! :D

colman
03-19-2013, 04:27 PM
i'm gonna throw in brian and the general. and one day it will be revived with the old patrol in jeep form. talk about a frankenstein....

TexTJ209
03-19-2013, 05:04 PM
The Ugly Truck!

AggieTJ2007
03-19-2013, 05:19 PM
The Ugly Truck!

It is not dead yet, I think the rigs have to be "retired" to be in the TAMORHOF

DRAGOONRANCH
03-19-2013, 05:50 PM
It is not dead yet, I think the rigs have to be "retired" to be in the TAMORHOF

You know hippie don't wheel.... :flipoff2:

TexTJ209