PDA

View Full Version : Mack the tow pig

TdmayfieldIV
06-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Finally pulled the pin and bough this truck. Originally wanted something a little cleaner but this truck just made sense for the price. Looks good at 50 yards but up close looks like ****.

2001 f250 cc lb 2wd
132k miles
7.3-auto
newer bfg's

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/IMAG0585_zpsf2a80141.jpg (http://s736.photobucket.com/user/TdmayfieldIV/media/IMAG0585_zpsf2a80141.jpg.html)

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/IMAG0586_zps9b98afe6.jpg (http://s736.photobucket.com/user/TdmayfieldIV/media/IMAG0586_zps9b98afe6.jpg.html)

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/IMAG0587_zps5c2e5e4a.jpg (http://s736.photobucket.com/user/TdmayfieldIV/media/IMAG0587_zps5c2e5e4a.jpg.html)

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/IMAG0588_zps9c648f67.jpg (http://s736.photobucket.com/user/TdmayfieldIV/media/IMAG0588_zps9c648f67.jpg.html)

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/IMAG0590_zps8958dae4.jpg (http://s736.photobucket.com/user/TdmayfieldIV/media/IMAG0590_zps8958dae4.jpg.html)

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/IMAG0591_zpsb779830d.jpg (http://s736.photobucket.com/user/TdmayfieldIV/media/IMAG0591_zpsb779830d.jpg.html)

Plans:

-6637 filter with cover
-mbrp 4" straight pipe
-TS 6 position switch
-Fix the ****ed up gooseneck hitch plate. I'ts c channel welded to the frame on the bottom but I guess whenever they tightened up the ball it got crooked and they said **** it.
-find a mexican to fix the paint on the hood and roof. The p.o decided he would try his hand at body work with duplicolor color match spray paint and it looks like dick.
-find the piece that goes around the center console cup holders
-fix the 7 pin wiring
-fix door locks and power mirrors
-fix fuel guage
-black smoke

Fredo
06-17-2013, 05:01 PM
I thought this when sparling bought his truck, but that description you just gave made me think of it again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CPss95p3Ck

AggieTJ2007
06-17-2013, 05:54 PM
I would say you hit the nail on the head Fred.

Did you get the 8ft bed or is that the little bitch bed?

BroncoJo
06-17-2013, 07:30 PM
What was the price? looks like a nice truck, but im sure you will be able to break it no problem :flipoff2:

Pictures of messed up paint? Also instead of doing the huge napa filter, the airbox lid replacing filter kits ( think I had an AFE ) work great too and last longer. Just make sure you get a dry filter.

MR.ZAP
06-17-2013, 08:07 PM
I thought this when sparling bought his truck, but that description you just gave made me think of it again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CPss95p3Ck

:haha:

AggieTJ2007
06-17-2013, 08:13 PM
You can ask Fred but I don't think there is any way to match the paint on the hood and roof without spraying the whole truck (and make it look right). Esp. with it being red.

Sparling
06-17-2013, 09:08 PM
The paint is fine, the clear coat is all that was messed up and painted.

sam_hodnett
06-17-2013, 09:09 PM
You can ask Fred but I don't think there is any way to match the paint on the hood and roof without spraying the whole truck (and make it look right). Esp. with it being red.

You can, its just hard as **** and the rest of the paint has to be perfect. you might have to fade into the front fenders a little

sam_hodnett
06-17-2013, 09:09 PM
I think you need to do 05 headlights too

Sparling
06-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Also instead of doing the huge napa filter, the airbox lid replacing filter kits ( think I had an AFE ) work great too and last longer.

I'm not sure why you don't like the napa filters but it does the same thing as an AFE intake kit but it's 1/10th the price. I put 17k on my other truck and it still wasn't close to needing to be replaced and I didn't have a cover. Also from what I've heard, AFE filters don't filter a whole lot.

JB
06-17-2013, 09:25 PM
I think you should just drive it and not **** it up

Sparling
06-17-2013, 09:42 PM

How does doing an intake, tuner, and exhaust **** it up? Please enlighten me master diesel tech JB.

BroncoJo
06-17-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm not sure why you don't like the napa filters but it does the same thing as an AFE intake kit but it's 1/10th the price. I put 17k on my other truck and it still wasn't close to needing to be replaced and I didn't have a cover. Also from what I've heard, AFE filters don't filter a whole lot.
I guess the napa filters came way down on price

BroncoJo
06-17-2013, 09:46 PM
If you're really trying to save money leave the stock exhaust and just remove the muffler, unless its rusted through or something

Sparling
06-17-2013, 09:51 PM
I guess the napa filters came way down on price

you can order them online for like 25 bucks and most of the time get free shipping from some sort of sale.

AggieTJ2007
06-17-2013, 09:57 PM

That is an interesting idea :flipoff2:

JB
06-17-2013, 09:58 PM
How does doing an intake, tuner, and exhaust **** it up? Please enlighten me master diesel tech JB.

Turns a nice solid truck into a riced out truck??? That's how??? You haven't caught on yet? You'll get there. I thought the 7.3 was super bad mother-****in ass anyhow? Why does it need all the extra ****? ;)

Looks good Tommy, don't **** it up. :beer:

Sparling rationalization post in 3, 2, .......

Sparling
06-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Nah. Everything that isn't stock is rice so what does it matter.

AggieTJ2007
06-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Tuner, intake and exhaust on a 130K+ mile truck are the definition of rice.

BroncoJo
06-17-2013, 10:31 PM
**** 130k is just broken in... But the transmissions... That's another story

Fredo
06-17-2013, 10:33 PM
The paint is fine, the clear coat is all that was messed up and painted.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

You don't know a ****ing thing about paint, do you?

Sparling
06-17-2013, 10:37 PM
His hood could have been fixed and looked fine if it wasn't attacked with rattle can clear coat. **** you.

BroncoJo
06-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Oooo I like angry Sparling

Fredo
06-17-2013, 10:57 PM
His hood could have been fixed and looked fine if it wasn't attacked with rattle can clear coat. **** you.

Your first post implies that the "paint" as you put it, was fine. Please go into detail on how you would repair this problem.

Sparling
06-17-2013, 11:02 PM
I'd pay a mexican that I know $100 to fix it.

AggieTJ2007
06-17-2013, 11:08 PM
That wouldn't even cover materials to do it right.

Fredo
06-17-2013, 11:12 PM
Nah, you implied that there was a solution for the clearcoat seperating from the basecoat without respraying the basecoat. I want to know how you planned to accomplish this task.

Sparling
06-17-2013, 11:25 PM
That wouldn't even cover materials to do it right.
I've seen a hood and roof that he's redone (base and clear coat) for about that price and it looks like nothing was ever wrong. It matches the rest of the truck perfectly. Yes there is more to it than just knowing of a mexican that does body work.

If I cared enough and I was going to do it on my truck, I'd probably get as much of the clear coat off the color as I could wet sanding with a higher grit and going slow so I didn't burn through the color. Then I would have taken the hood off the truck and hung it up so you weren't spraying down with a can and sprayed much more clear than just a couple of passes like what is on tommys hood, and then wet sanded some more after the clear and then polished. Yeah I know it's not right but it wouldn't look like complete ass, at least not for a while. But I'm not even going to try and fix the peeling clear on my truck.

Fredo
06-17-2013, 11:43 PM
If you break through the clear, even if it is from seperation, and you try to sand and reclear, it makes a highly visible ring at the edge of the clear...especially on metallic paints. The only way to repair it is to sand the whole thing then feather the edges of the clear with 400 wet, then blend liquid and grey scotchbright the entire panel. Then, shoot basecoat over the damaged areas, trying to stay away from the panel edges. If not, you'll have to blend onto the adjacent panel. Then reclear the whole panel.

In Tommy's case, that color, especially being older, and a red variant, is going to definitely be faded. More than likely, you'd have to start with the factory color code, then tweak it and do test panels to even get close to a blendable color. Best case scenario, the roof could be done without anyone noticing much difference. The hood would require blending onto the fenders and possibly doors if the blend area on the hood gets to the edges. Even if you successfully mix up a blend color, later down the road, it will fade at a different rate than the factory paint, as well as the fresh clear being much more vibrant than the original clear.

TdmayfieldIV
06-18-2013, 12:47 AM
It's not a show truck, I just don't want to see spray paint lines on the hood. It won't get done for a while either.

Bottom line is I won't find another sub 135k truck for what I paid. The drivetrain is solid, the interior is relatively clean, and it looks good from 20 feet.

I'm gonna putting an intake, exhaust and tuner on it because I want more power. I don't see anyone getting **** for putting the same **** on their jeeps.....

BroncoJo
06-18-2013, 01:53 AM
It's not a show truck, I just don't want to see spray paint lines on the hood. It won't get done for a while either.

Bottom line is I won't find another sub 135k truck for what I paid. The drivetrain is solid, the interior is relatively clean, and it looks good from 20 feet.

I'm gonna putting an intake, exhaust and tuner on it because I want more power. I don't see anyone getting **** for putting the same **** on their jeeps.....

What about the super snake oil turbo wheel?

sam_hodnett
06-18-2013, 07:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdWAcK6Eh8

mudtoy67
06-18-2013, 08:03 AM

You don't even know how much power you need yet. Put that money into getting your bronco wheeling so you have something worth towing. [/oldguy]

FJAggie07
06-18-2013, 08:15 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/445e9e3e26ccdf8ce9380658f044e3fa/tumblr_inline_mkqxwgXpw21qz4rgp.gif

TdmayfieldIV
06-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Don't need power. Want power

JB
06-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Bc the 7.3 doesn't have enough to pull your goosenecks and travel trailers? Makes sense.

JB
06-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Bronco/Sparling rig won't make it to Shiloh Ridge because they were too busy trying to make a diesel fast. Mark it.

mudtoy67
06-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Bc the 7.3 doesn't have enough to pull your goosenecks and travel trailers? Makes sense.

Whatever. You spent all those years making fun of diesels, then you bought one. For that one reason you can't possibly know anything about diesels. L OLKTHXBYE

:laughing:

BroncoJo
06-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Bronco/Sparling rig won't make it to Shiloh Ridge because they were too busy trying to make a diesel fast. Mark it.

They don't have enough money to make a 7.3 fast...

There is really no reason not to do an intake, tuner and exhaust in these trucks.

The factory air filter sucks, doesn't seal well so air can bypass the filter. This is fixed with the napap filter ( ghetto :flipoff2: )
The engine is way detuned from ford, redicously slow, makes maybe 200 horsepower. A mild tuner will breath fire into these truck and make them more comparable to the drivability of the 6 liter. But the auto trans sucks and will need to be replaced, however my dads old 100% stock 7.3 needed a complete transmission at 150k.

The muffler is pointless, just add restriction, so get rid of it.

Other than that it just looks like tommy wants to fix some broken **** and make the truck more enjoyable for himself, can't really see why that's a terrible idea.

I have a lot of terrible ideas for my dodge, so y'all just wait.

BroncoJo
06-18-2013, 10:40 AM

There is really no reason not to do an intake, tuner and exhaust in these trucks.

The factory air filter sucks, doesn't seal well so air can bypass the filter. This is fixed with the napap filter ( ghetto :flipoff2: )
The engine is way detuned from ford, redicously slow, makes maybe 200 horsepower. A mild tuner will breath fire into these truck and make them more comparable to the drivability of the 6 liter. But the auto trans sucks and will need to be replaced, however my dads old 100% stock 7.3 needed a complete transmission at 150k.

The muffler is pointless, just add restriction, so get rid of it.

Other than that it just looks like tommy wants to fix some broken **** and make the truck more enjoyable for himself, can't really see why that's a terrible idea.

I have a lot of terrible ideas for my dodge, so y'all just wait.

Sparling
06-18-2013, 12:02 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h77/mustube/27220195.jpg

robertf03
06-18-2013, 01:16 PM
don't mess with the air filter, there is 0 gain

don't mess with the exhaust, people will hate you for driving a loud ****ty truck.

fix the fuel gauge and put in XM radio, done.

TdmayfieldIV
06-18-2013, 05:43 PM

Shut your whore mouth. You're spoiled because your truck makes 400hp stock. Mine makes half of that. It's my truck, I'm gonna do whatever the **** I want to it.......It will make it tow better and get better fuel economy with the tuner btw.

Exactly. It's not like i'm putting gay ass wheels and stars all over it. I'm doing the three most common things people do to diesel trucks.

BroncoJo
06-18-2013, 05:59 PM
It will make it tow better and get better fuel economy with the tuner btw.

Don't kid yourself....

DRAGOONRANCH
06-18-2013, 07:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdWAcK6Eh8

This popped up after that one. Well worth the watch (NSFW/language)

PSEYXWmEse8

Sparling
06-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Don't kid yourself....

Not on the same tune but yes it will.

JB
06-18-2013, 09:03 PM
#1 How many times have you or Sparling mentioned how much the transmissions in these trucks suck? Sparling's ricer had a new transmission put in it recently right? And the first 3 things you want to do do your truck involve adding a bunch of power and sending that through your ****ty transmission. Good call.

#2 As BDR stated, you want it to tow better but you haven't even towed with it. Sounds a little dumb.

#3 Exhaust. Dear Lord sweet baby Jesus do not put a loud ass exhaust on it. Do nothing to it. It will sound incredibly poor. No one thinks it sounds good. Not one person. Maybe Dodge guys 16-19 years of age. But no one else. Horrible. Do you want to be one of those guys? Do you want to be a Sparling? Please don't.

#4 7.3s hold their value Riced out 7.3s don't.

Drive it, fix Bronco, you will be happier. You will get to wheel, and you won't be a douchebag.

BroncoJo
06-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Not on the same tune but yes it will.

Maybe it could, but it won't. I would bet a lot of money that tommy, or yourself, will spend more money on fuel with the tuners than without. Sure maybe coasting on the Eco-hippie tune you can get better mileage but the other 95% of the time you will get less than stock.

But I'm for the tuner, no need to justify **** to me :flipoff2:

BroncoJo
06-18-2013, 09:24 PM
Srsly like removing the muffler will like not even make a difference unless ur like driving like an asshole already, and then what doesn't it really matter.

Idle and normally driving might have a very slight increase in whistle and I'm sure that's something tommy would like.

Sparling
06-18-2013, 11:41 PM
#1 How many times have you or Sparling mentioned how much the transmissions in these trucks suck? Sparling's ricer had a new transmission put in it recently right?

#2 As BDR stated, you want it to tow better but you haven't even towed with it. Sounds a little dumb.

Pretending to not be a ricer:

1. The transmissions aren't the greatest, but my truck has 250k and was a haul truck for a cement company before I got it. Plus, anything with that many miles is asking for a bad trans.

2. Have you ever driven a 8000 lbs truck that only has 225hp? Yeah the 7.3 is awesome in the longevity department but they could definitely use a bit more power.

TdmayfieldIV
06-19-2013, 12:16 AM
I'm doing it just to piss jb off now.

Anyone have a good estimate of in town fuel mileage? My fuel guage doesn't work.

BroncoJo
06-19-2013, 12:26 AM

stx4wheeler
06-19-2013, 05:34 AM
I average 16 with intown highway mix. Best I ever got was 18, towing at just about any speed is 10.

No rice at all here.

JB
06-19-2013, 07:22 AM
Pretending to not be a ricer:

1. The transmissions aren't the greatest, but my truck has 250k and was a haul truck for a cement company before I got it. Plus, anything with that many miles is asking for a bad trans.

2. Have you ever driven a 8000 lbs truck that only has 225hp? Yeah the 7.3 is awesome in the longevity department but they could definitely use a bit more power.

My f150 weighs 6000 and has 300hp if y'all want to borrow it

mudtoy67
06-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Don't be a douchebag is sage advice. :D

Sparling
06-19-2013, 09:40 AM
My f150 weighs 6000 and has 300hp if y'all want to borrow it

1. No

2. My rice has more than that now.

3. Ain't got no torques

4. Your f150's wheels are too rice/Mexican for me

RCcola55
06-19-2013, 11:13 AM
I'll take a swing at this since I'm a 7.3 owner.

1. Tummy, don't waste time on the filter it doesn't give you any gain and is a beating. As for exhaust, if you insist on getting 4" straight, order a cheap kit on eBay for $200, mine fit pretty good. But on another note, even my high school students tell me mine sounds terrible straight piped, so think in that one. For what you are doing power gains are minimal. As far as the TS chip, I love mine I get 17mpg on the highway, but know you in the city your gas pedal will be a smoke switch so do not expect good mileage increases.

2. Everyone that beats of to these trucks and claims 200k is just broken in, are not taking account for all the other **** that breaks or wears out on these trucks. I for one have had to replace 50% of the orings and gaskets on the top end of the motor, power steering pump, ac, clutch, the entire front end twice (w/moog parts), and the entire brake system. Ya, the motor last a while but everything around it falls apart. You just part yourself a project. Good luck on that trans as well.

3. Sparling this is for you. I get the idea your ewang for power strokes is Ron Jeremy status but what you haven't taken in account with all the mods you'll want to do and are doing to these trucks aren't worth **** with out increasing oil pressure to the injectors. The stock HPOP is only good for a maximum of 75-90 hp increase with any tune or turbo mods. Unless you upgrade the pump of double them up, you are throwing money away, even Tony Wildman would agree. Put your truck on a dyno and be prepared to be disappointed.

In conclusion, these are great trucks. They are great in stock form and there is some room to improve on. But remember the age of the vehicles and the fact you are trying to horrod a 4 ton truck. Instead of waste $800 on performance parts, save it for a trans or other parts that will go bad in a few months and once the truck is up and going great then modify it. Hell to fix the paint alone will cost that.

I know one of y'all will say I have no room to talk on this subject. But I did everything you want to do to mine, and although I think most of it was an ok choice, so would have leaving it stock.

Sparling
06-19-2013, 12:01 PM
3. Sparling this is for you. I get the idea your ewang for power strokes is Ron Jeremy status but what you haven't taken in account with all the mods you'll want to do and are doing to these trucks aren't worth **** with out increasing oil pressure to the injectors. The stock HPOP is only good for a maximum of 75-90 hp increase with any tune or turbo mods. Unless you upgrade the pump of double them up, you are throwing money away, even Tony Wildman would agree. Put your truck on a dyno and be prepared to be disappointed.

I've had the CEL for low oil pressure, I have logs of what my oil pressure is at WOT. But it doesn't matter what I say, I'm just a ricer.

Sparling
06-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Tommy, find me the link to that thread you were talking about. I can't find anything on google.

TdmayfieldIV
06-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Not the same one. Didn't read it all the way through but I'm sure one of these douches will comment on it.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f25/dp-tuner-80hp-econo-setting-114878/

RCcola55
06-19-2013, 12:52 PM
I've had the CEL for low oil pressure, I have logs of what my oil pressure is at WOT. But it doesn't matter what I say, I'm just a ricer.

What I was say is that the HPOP in stock form does not support 90% of the mods people do. Even with the 150hp TW tune, without injector upgrades or HPOP upgrades it will only net you 70ish hp increase.

Hopefully St. John will chime in on this.

Sharpe
06-19-2013, 12:55 PM
This thread has devolved into a Dutch Rudder between TumTum and Sparling.

JB
06-19-2013, 01:01 PM
But it doesn't matter what I say, I'm just a ricer.

Now that you realize this, we can end thread. My job is done.

Sparling
06-19-2013, 01:28 PM
What I was say is that the HPOP in stock form does not support 90% of the mods people do. Even with the 150hp TW tune, without injector upgrades or HPOP upgrades it will only net you 70ish hp increase.

Hopefully St. John will chime in on this.

I know. The split shot injectors need a lot of oil. You can either get a better hpop or single shot injectors.

This thread has devolved into a Dutch Rudder between TumTum and Sparling.

Double Dutch Rudder

FJAggie07
06-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Not the same one. Didn't read it all the way through but I'm sure one of these douches will comment on it.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f25/dp-tuner-80hp-econo-setting-114878/

Comment.

TdmayfieldIV
06-19-2013, 03:25 PM
I saw somewhere that the tw 80hp econ tune was dangerous cause it advances the **** out of the timing. Sparling asked about it, but I couldn't find it.

This thread caught the aids....

BroncoJo
06-19-2013, 04:09 PM
I saw somewhere that the tw 80hp econ tune was dangerous cause it advances the **** out of the timing. Sparling asked about it, but I couldn't find it.

This thread caught the aids....

The dp 80 hp Eco was my favorite tune. It was the most powerful tune my old worn out 7.3 could handle and it ran like a scalded ass ape, but I also had gauges and self control so I wasn't too worried about blowing my **** up. I'm not sure why they called it "Eco" Though, the best mileage came from the 20 hp "tow" tune. The actual hp numbers don't matter much on a stock truck, as Ryan said after 80 hp they really don't make a difference. The biggest advantage is the much, much improved power curves and shift points.

Side note- the 80 horse Eco tune killed two "400hp" valair clutches in a month, not saying it made more than 400 hp but the clutch was the weak link in the power train.

TdmayfieldIV
06-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Tuner Just arrived. Intake will be here tomorrow.

BroncoJo
06-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Seriously, this is Tommy's truck and he can do whatever the **** he wants to. I'm out of the country's right now but i am seriously considering catching an early flight just to come back and strangle people.

Stop with the bull**** and let's keep the forums for people who like modifying vehicles, not just building pirate approved rock crawlers....

AggieTJ2007
06-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Tuner Just arrived. Intake will be here tomorrow.

Which tunes did you decide to go with?

BroncoJo
06-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Which tunes did you decide to go with?

Did you get the 80 Eco and 20 towing, like I recommended?? Probably not because you like rice :flipoff2:

JB
06-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Seriously, this is Tommy's truck and he can do whatever the **** he wants to. I'm out of the country's right now but i am seriously considering catching an early flight just to come back and strangle people.

Stop with the bull**** and let's keep the forums for people who like modifying vehicles, not just building pirate approved rock crawlers....

And we are free to giver him **** about it. Tommy knows I am just ****ing with him. Relax Big Cat and quit taking this forum too seriously. Sarcasm, joking, smiliey faces. Relax

BroncoJo
06-25-2013, 07:59 PM
And we are free to giver him **** about it. Tommy knows I am just ****ing with him. Relax Big Cat and quit taking this forum too seriously. Sarcasm, joking, smiliey faces. Relax

I'm not the one that deleted the thread... Some line was crossed and right or wrong lets not go back there

JB
06-25-2013, 10:08 PM
You and Sparling the only ones that take it seriously Calm down bro.

Hellbent
06-25-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm not the one that deleted the thread... Some line was crossed and right or wrong lets not go back there

Why are you on tamor during your honeymoon!

AggieTJ2007
06-25-2013, 11:00 PM

Multitasking

JB
06-25-2013, 11:06 PM

Why do you send me 10 snap chats a day about farming?

BroncoJo
06-25-2013, 11:30 PM
You and Sparling the only ones that take it seriously Calm down bro.

Really? I thought nobody took me seriously about this stuff? Except when things start getting deletd ...

If I have any money left over this next week I can't wait until the next bump to the " dodge build up "!

TdmayfieldIV
06-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Wasn't pissed. Just turned into a bitch fest between sparling and jb so it was useless.

AggieTJ2007
06-26-2013, 02:28 PM
so what tunes did you get?

Seth
06-26-2013, 09:18 PM

this.

TdmayfieldIV
06-27-2013, 02:29 PM
Got a ts 6 position
1. stock
2. 50hp
3. 75hp
4. 100hp
5. 140hp
6. Anti theft no start

I've noticed it's a lot cleaner than the tony wildman tuner. It doesn't smoke at all unless I get on it in the 100hp tune. the 140 hp tune isn't any faster than the 100hp but it just dumps smoke.

I've been keeping it on stock for around town driving cause I don't want to douche around and get ****ty mileage.

BroncoJo
06-27-2013, 04:13 PM
That sounds good, maybe down the road you can trade to 140 for a 20 hp. For around town keep it on the highest hp setting that doesn't smoke out the place, or at least that's where I got the best mpg.

RCcola55
06-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Did you end up with the TS? I keep mine on the 75 or 100 because I've found it's the best mileage when not towing. I turn it down to save my clutch when I have a trailer hooked up. The problem with the 140 and even at times the 100, is that the HPOP can't keep up.

TdmayfieldIV
06-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Yeah its a ts.

Need to unstick the fuel float before I can really check the mileage.

Sparling
06-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Counting gallons for mileage is more reliable that trying to guess how many gallons are left in the tank. I'm not sure about anyone else with a super duty but mine seems to go down really fast on the last 1/4 tank.

BroncoJo
06-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Counting gallons for mileage is more reliable that trying to guess how many gallons are left in the tank. I'm not sure about anyone else with a super duty but mine seems to go down really fast on the last 1/4 tank.

This

RCcola55
06-27-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure about anyone else with a super duty but mine seems to go down really fast on the last 1/4 tank.

If mine says an 1/8th left its empty

TdmayfieldIV
06-28-2013, 12:00 AM
Dropped the tank and found the problem. The sender wire inside the tank is broken. Looks like someone tried to fix it before, but crimped it too hard and broke the solid wire. Should be interesting to heat shrink a wire on a diesel covered sending unit.

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/IMAG0618_zpsc40a30f7.jpg (http://s736.photobucket.com/user/TdmayfieldIV/media/IMAG0618_zpsc40a30f7.jpg.html)

Also, the foot is broken off the bottom of the sender. I'm going to see if I can get another one from ford tomorrow.

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/TdmayfieldIV/IMAG0619_zps6a265ff5.jpg (http://s736.photobucket.com/user/TdmayfieldIV/media/IMAG0619_zps6a265ff5.jpg.html)

tigweld
06-28-2013, 09:28 AM
until just recently that part was not available seperately from the sending unit. it is now if the dealer tells u it isn't tell them to look harder. I had to find the part no. myself and give it to them, as it is not listed.

TdmayfieldIV
06-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Is there a different method for crimping onto solid wire rather than stranded?

For the record, the fuel strainer part number is E5TZ9J306BA. Varsity has 2 in stock.

Hot Pocket
06-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Why are you using solid instead of stranded wire?
Solid copper wire isnt very flexible at all... If you think that one of the reasons it failed is because it can't move around freely, i'd consider replacing it with stranded.

Either way you go, I'd solder/heat shrink that sumbish.

Good luck

stx4wheeler
06-28-2013, 06:32 PM
My truck has started doing a neat trick. As soon as the low fuel light comes on it runs out of diesel.

Sharpe
06-28-2013, 07:36 PM
TumTum, you might want to make sure whatever heat shrink you use is fuel-safe.

TdmayfieldIV
06-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Yeah I checked it out sharpe, I found some at napa.

Well, you see frick, when the guage isn't working, the fuel light never comes on. Therefore I don't really know when I'm gonna run out of fuel. I have a ballpark estimate, but being that this is the real world I can't really know when I'm gonna run out.

Shaggy
06-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Just fuel up more often. Shouldn't be that hard. Like every 300 miles or so

tigweld
06-29-2013, 10:21 AM
My truck has started doing a neat trick. As soon as the low fuel light comes on it runs out of diesel.

the strainer on the bottom of the pick up is broke just like tummy's, my pops truck was doing the same thing.

TdmayfieldIV
06-30-2013, 01:48 AM
Fuel guage works now.....the fuel tank lock ring is a ****ing pain in the ass to put on...

TdmayfieldIV
07-14-2013, 02:01 PM
So since I pinched the fuel tank locking ring o-ring last time and it was leaking when the tank was above 3/4, I had to drop the tank again last night to fix it........not as hard as you would think.

Had to fill the tank to make sure it wasn't leaking....ouch

Hellbent
07-14-2013, 06:50 PM
So since I pinched the fuel tank locking ring o-ring last time and it was leaking when the tank was above 3/4, I had to drop the tank again last night to fix it........not as hard as you would think.

Had to fill the tank to make sure it wasn't leaking....ouch

sounds like your already hacking up the truck

Sparling
07-14-2013, 06:56 PM

Is there another way to rice?

TdmayfieldIV
07-14-2013, 10:43 PM

How is fixing it hacking it up? If i was hacking it up I wouldn't have dropped the tank again....

BroncoJo
07-16-2013, 11:33 PM
Rice!!!!

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg115/BroncoJo/A4CD1D6B-F427-4F84-8130-00B223D5B36D-11839-00000978E3EDC1FB_zpsb0c6e1f0.jpg

TdmayfieldIV
07-17-2013, 12:10 AM
Was a package deal with the tuner.......together they cost less than a dp.

BroncoJo
07-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Was a package deal with the tuner.......together they cost less than a dp.

And it's better than the napa filter!

JB
07-17-2013, 10:14 AM
**** yeah! Racetruck! **** yeah!

TdmayfieldIV
06-16-2014, 11:40 AM
carfax says my truck is white.....

Sparling
06-16-2014, 12:59 PM
***. Does your windshield Vin match your door Vin?

Sharpe
06-16-2014, 01:07 PM
:laughing::laughing: You're just now pulling a report on it??

zebvance
06-16-2014, 01:38 PM

My car fax said I had a 2wd comanche. Then I found out a PO had converted it..... Also came up stolen in Canada, then recovered about 6 years later....

Sparling
06-16-2014, 01:42 PM
I don't even want to know what it would say for my truck.

jerryg79
06-17-2014, 07:47 AM

I bet it doesnt say that about the previous owner

Sparling
06-17-2014, 06:20 PM
PO was white

Hellbent
06-21-2014, 10:57 PM
White ish....