PDA

View Full Version : Mason - Weekend of January 25, 2002

froader03
01-04-2003, 09:34 PM
it's the weekend of January 25. LHOR and us. I want to get a count of who's planning on going. so if you wanna go send me a PM or email or IM, but don't post to this thread just to say "I'm going." thanx and Gig 'Em.

Hensel

froader03
01-13-2003, 02:34 PM
here's a little update on the mason trip. right now we have about a dozen people going. if you are going you need to get your info (name, student ID, and emergency contact) to Lynda (safety@tamor.org). and if you haven't seen the safety video you need to do so before driving on the trail (let Lynda know you need to do this). we will be camping there. it's $40 for a weekend of wheeling and camping. any passengers are an additional $5. all this information in on the Katemcy website (http://rock-it-land.com/katemcyrocks/). it is mandatory that you have anchor points front and rear as well as seatbelts. and if you don't have a hardtop you must have a rollcage. these are their rules and they won't let you wheel out there otherwise. it is also required that you fill out a release form which you can print out from their site and have ready to turn in when you get there. all for now.

Hensel

davido
01-13-2003, 05:21 PM
You might want to have them update their site on the schedule.

froader03
01-13-2003, 07:07 PM
they know we're coming. they have since October. don't get me started on all this. there's a cute little story to it.

froader03
01-13-2003, 07:12 PM
here's the deal with the rollcage requirement...

Jason:
If you have a vehicle with a non-removable factory steel hardtop (i.e. pickups, latemodel Broncos and Blazers) you can wheel without a roll bar or cage, although we obviously prefer the roll bars/cages.

Shain

Cody_91YJ
01-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Hey Jason, you hear LHOR got the Austin LandCrusier Club (or whatever) going down there with em. Prob why they throwing a fit about us having to many people

BMFScout
01-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by froader03
here's the deal with the rollcage requirement...

Jason:
If you have a vehicle with a non-removable factory steel hardtop (i.e. pickups, latemodel Broncos and Blazers) you can wheel without a roll bar or cage, although we obviously prefer the roll bars/cages.

Shain

So Scout with the REMOVABLE hard top is S.O.L.? I' don't think I am going to make it anyway, just wondering.

jmancuso
01-14-2003, 01:10 PM
When we visited the last time it was kind of like, if you got it there you could drive it. There were no vehicle inspections of any sort.

froader03
01-14-2003, 07:37 PM
I think both of you (Ryan and Jimmy) will be alright. obviously if Jimmy were to remove the hardtop they probably wouldn't let him wheel. this is just my best guess, but I can't see why they wouldn't let either of you guys out there.

Jackasic
01-14-2003, 07:43 PM
I guess I'm out then. Topless and I sold my roll bar. Need to get dave's junk finished so I can start my cage.

Doug Krebs
01-16-2003, 01:15 AM
well i think they know we are coming http://198.139.121.46/katemcyrocks/index.html#news :D

BigRedFord04
01-16-2003, 11:11 AM
someone make sure that we bring a couple stickers to put up on their "K-Rock Wall"

froader03
01-16-2003, 11:14 AM
I am sadened by the complete lack of faith in the administration. :flipoff2:

BigRedFord04
01-16-2003, 11:16 AM
can the club help w/ the dues for the weekend? $40 is pretty high, especially considering that most of us will spend that much in gas for the trip...then theres beer, food, etc....$100+ trip...a little help here?

froader03
01-16-2003, 11:31 AM
this is a very important trip. aside from the usual desire to have a good turnout, especially with LHOR in attendance, this is the location of the Club Challenge we are putting on later this semester. that means we'll need to do some planning while we're there. I'd like to not have to go back to Mason for the sole purpose of planning because we didn't get it done this time.

THIS APPLIES TO ALL MEMBERS, ESPECIALLY ADMINISTRATION AND THOSE WHO EXPRESSED A DESIRE TO GET INVOLVED WITH THE PLANNING OF THIS EVENT.

now's your chance to step up. I've heard talk of expanding the club as far as membership and becoming a more active club altogether. there are many aspects to this. the trip to Mason next weekend is a prime example of what I am talking about. we need more people on trips. we need more involvement from everyone. now's the time. as of right now I'm starting a subcommittee for the Texas Club Challenge. this group will be comprised of nonadministrative members who desire involvement in the planning and coordination of this event in order to assist the current administration. this is to ensure that absolutely all bases are not just covered, but covered well. while at the same time ensuring that no excessive burden be placed on any member, officer or not, which might compromise their regularly assigned duties.

if you want to take part in this let me know by IM, PM, email or phone call. you need to be in Mason next weekend and obviously for the event in april. I'll let everyone know who volunteered for this after the meeting next week.

all for now.

Hensel

aggielr
01-16-2003, 02:40 PM
not sure i'll have a rig out there, but i'm goin, maybe makin another weekend trip during the semseter if i get my pile together also

mark
01-17-2003, 08:16 AM
You go Jason!! I'd love to help, but the drive's a little on the longish side for me.

-Mark

Krawler68
01-20-2003, 10:06 AM
I'm bowing out early on this one. I have tickets to the Tech game against OSU on sunday, and i am beginning to doubt I'll be able to get to installing my Warns and CTM's before the run... I still have to do the following.

-Put new Rocker arm stud on cyliner #6 (it taps REALLY badly...)
-Install 10 lb. residual valve without destroying brakeline, and stop a persistent leak.
-Install my shocks... this could take a while... I may build plate towers... hoops are proving to be a logistical problem...
-Install Warn's and CTM's
-eliminate power steering cooler
-tie up all my fixed wiring
-install HS9500i
-Install new 3G alternator

I should be done everything but the shocks and shafts by friday... we shall see... but I'm not going to push it.

Doug

Jackasic
01-20-2003, 10:11 AM
Once again, you are just looking for excuses not to got. Just load that pile-o-poo on you trailer and drag it down there. half of that stuff is not that important and the other half can be done in a night or two.

Krawler68
01-20-2003, 10:52 AM
Brakes are important and are being a bitch...

Warns are important, because I'll most likely thrash the shafts in it right now in the first 5 minutes

rocker arm stud is important, because i don't want to listen to my bronco tapping all day long wondering when i'm going to burn the valve out...

Alternator is important, because my current voltage regulator is screwed and everytime i rev it up my lights and gauges kick off.

Besides it's going to be cold... and the girl I'm going to the game with in Lubbock is WAY finer than you are Brandon... :flipoff2:

Doug

Jackasic
01-20-2003, 11:29 AM
Hey, no one is cuter than me:flipoff2:

Well, start wrench'n on that thing and tell her she can snugle if she gets cold.:D

Krawler68
01-20-2003, 11:39 AM
the only problem is that she's in Lubbock and the truck's in Midland.

I alot 2 days per weekend to the EB, and one for her, gotta keep my priorities straight :D... we'll see I'll be busting ass on the EB this week...I'm hoping to have a lot of stuff done by this friday...if my parts come into San Angelo on Friday then I'll make the trip...if they don't I'm not even going to think about it.

Doug

J Cooper
01-20-2003, 01:30 PM
Question? on the web-site it says mandatory tow points in front and rear. does a winch count? and i have a d-ring in the rear.... does the winch count or do i need to drill some holes for d-rings in the front?

redcagepatrol
01-20-2003, 11:22 PM
Higgs might debu his Avalanche built rig on this trip (as long as he gets his axleshafts this week)
Cody will unveil his rig there for the first time
Jason Marek will try out his new yota there also.

Three new rigs - first outings, should be fun

I would love to go, but finishing the Patrol comes first.

Jackasic
01-21-2003, 12:01 AM
Higgs still doesn't have that piece together? crap, his yoda will be done first:rolleyes:

Rex
01-21-2003, 12:13 AM
Damn i wish i could go, but i don't have a trailer and i don't want to borrow one again. I will probably go pick up some new meats for the mog though, 12.5x20 michelin xl's. Have fun guys and gals. :D

stinger7401
01-21-2003, 01:51 AM
and dont forget hopefully stinger will make her debut as a somewhat now capable rig.

:flipoff2: (this is the closet thing i could find to something crossing its fingers :flipoff2: )

froader03
01-21-2003, 07:00 PM
ok, there will obviously be discussion at the meeting wednesday, but just to make sure no one waits until the last minute on these things here are some reminders.

1. I know everyone has been letting me know if they are going so I can keep a count for other groups and the guys in Mason, but remember to send Lynda your info (name, SS#, emergency contact). you can email her at safety@tamor.org

2. there is a release form on the katemcy website you need to print out and fill out before you get there. lots of other useful info there for any general questions about the place (remember the 3 trail rig requirements).

3. unless you have made other arrangements we will be camping so bring warm clothes and whatever else you may need to stay a night or two in the middle of nowhere (tents, sleeping bags, food, etc.).

4. we need to bring some firewood. I can get some, but I don't know my exact transportation plans for the weekend so anyone else who can get firewood or just transport it, please let me know.

5. Jimmy, bring some stickers so we can put them on the wall (thanks to Austin for the reminder :flipoff2: ).

I'm sure we'll have the usual saturday morning leave time from mcdonald's, but I plan on being there friday night, not exactly sure when (leave town @6?) so anyone interested just let me know. remember MSC open house is early sunday afternoon and later is the super bowl. so if you want to head back early sunday you could afford some more trail time by driving down friday night.

uhhh... that's all I've got for now. like I said more at the meeting.

JB
01-22-2003, 11:44 PM
I will most likely head down Friday night. I will not be in the Bronco, so if anyone needs a tow and has there own trailer, I could pull something somewhat light (jeeps etc) to Mason. Let me know.

AgDieseler
01-23-2003, 08:06 PM
When and where is everybody leaving on Friday?

Cody_91YJ
01-23-2003, 08:08 PM
I think 6pm is what Jason was thinking, not sure if thats final or not though

eight
01-23-2003, 08:25 PM
I'm gonna show up there early Saturday morning. Anybody wanna give me their cell phone number so I can call and find yall when I get there?

jmancuso
01-24-2003, 06:35 AM
I will be leaving from McDonalds on University at 5:00 AM Saturday
cell 979-255-5169

Doug Krebs
01-24-2003, 01:22 PM
If you are leaving on Saturday, I would advise leaving with Jimmy, it will most likely take between 4 and 5 hours to get there. See ya'll there. Should be a pretty damn sweet trip!!! - Doug

froader03
01-24-2003, 01:51 PM
nah, it won't take that long. last time we didn't get outta hearne 'til 8 and were there before midnight. and that was after a detour to lampassas. :flipoff2:

our group is leaving sometime between 5 and 6. my plan is to leave my house at 5 and pick up doug, then cody. anyone who wants to come with us let's say meet at the exxon on university and hwy 6 at 6pm. if we're not there by then call my cell. 979-777-6163. later.

Hensel

J Cooper
01-24-2003, 02:19 PM
if anyone wants to take firewood for the trip I have like 3x4 foot pill and some more behind my house. i have no room in my jeep but if someone has a truck or trailer your welcome to come and get it. 979-691-8634

froader03
01-24-2003, 02:43 PM
yeah we need to try and get some there. it obviously won't be taken in the altima w/ 3 people and their stuff. maybe david oliver can take some. worse comes to worse if we need some when we get there (no one else has any) I'm sure we can waste a ****load of money at the store for the stuff they saran wrap.

eight
01-24-2003, 03:42 PM
I'll haul the wood. Anybody who wants to donate some, call me. 979-571-1460. I'm going to pick up some from Justin (jcooper) now. I wont be there untill early tomorrow morning so if you want a fire tonight, you better take a little. I'll be at the aformentioned meetin place at 6. I'm sure yall can stuff a few logs somewhere if you want.

JB
01-24-2003, 04:30 PM
I know I said I would go Friday, but I am sick and am going to sleep. I am still planning on coming up tomorrow though. See everyone there