PDA

View Full Version : May Run

aggie4life
01-23-2015, 01:10 PM
The officers have decided to change up the final run. We will be having a beach trip on May 30-31 at Quintana Beach. This will be more of a chill hang out trip. Play around in the sand some and just have some fun.

BroncoJo
01-29-2015, 01:33 PM
What about a little further south to Matagorda?

Sharpe
01-29-2015, 11:47 PM
Port Aransas or National Seashore you pussies.

robertf03
01-30-2015, 12:09 AM
What's the deal with camping on the beach. Allowed? Will some burnout stoner asshole roll up on you and ask for money and threaten to call the cops if the answer is no?

BroncoJo
01-30-2015, 11:47 AM
Port Aransas or National Seashore you pussies.

Too many rules over there

In Matagorda you can literally drive over dead whales when they beach.

Sparling
01-30-2015, 09:18 PM
Def. Not port a. They'll ticket you for even thinking of spinning your tires

Sharpe
01-31-2015, 09:58 PM
Def. Not port a. They'll ticket you for even thinking of spinning your tires

***. *****.

Sharpe
01-31-2015, 11:34 PM
***. *****.

Loosely translated that says "haha. Pussies"

cjwiththexj
02-04-2015, 11:54 PM
We can change it to Matagorda if more people would rather go there instead.
Quintana beach is just a flat hour south of houston on 288. There are no rules on camping. I have camped out there several times, and there is a place to rinse off and poo if needed down the road at a state park. No fee to get in after hours I believe. There are some decent trails out there and tons of dunes to roll over. No beach permit needed and basically as long as you are being lawful and not an idiot no one will care or pull you over. Hardly ever see cops out there.

akapp27
04-05-2015, 02:29 PM
So what are the choices as to where we can go?

BroncoJo
04-05-2015, 09:56 PM
I vote matagorda, but anywhere should be good, looks like we will have a light seaweed year.

aggie4life
04-06-2015, 07:58 AM
I am down for either. One issue with matagorda is the only thing to do is fish and drive up and down the beach. There are not any trails i know of.

akapp27
04-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Matagorda sounds like fun. I'll put my vote there

aggie4life
05-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Some of the officers still want to make this run happen. We are open to different beach options. We can make it a day trip or an entire weekend.

BroncoJo
05-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Some of the officers still want to make this run happen. We are open to different beach options. We can make it a day trip or an entire weekend.

Beaches are looking great, almost zero seaweed coming in right now. I think there are two choices: Matagorada or Down South Offroad. Matagorda will offer more space and nature but DSO will offer more drunks (better scenery) and trials.

aggie4life
05-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Beaches are looking great, almost zero seaweed coming in right now. I think there are two choices: Matagorada or Down South Offroad. Matagorda will offer more space and nature but DSO will offer more drunks (better scenery) and trials.

I forgot about the beach at DSO, that is an option.

akapp27
05-19-2015, 05:37 PM
So this trip still on?

davido
05-19-2015, 11:51 PM
??

CLNethery
05-24-2015, 10:31 PM
Unfortunately all of the officers are unavailable this weekend and will not be able to attend the beach run, but hope that yall will still go. It sounds like we have 3 spots up for debate, I will try to get a poll posted to vote on or you can just post the beach of your choice. Here are the options:
1) Quintana Beach: (~1hr from houston) not many rules, no permit required, camping allowed, plenty of trails and dunes to have a blast running.
2) Matagorda: (~1hr 45min from Houston) Permit required ($10), fishing and driving down beach, not many trails but possibly a few, (someone who's been can better explain Matagorda, sorry I've never been)
3)DSO: Crosby, Tx (~25min East of Houston) this is an off-road park located along the san jac river, with recent flooding I know the park will be super swamped but hopefully will still be open. If you get tired of the beach, this place is 700+ acres so you'll have the opportunity to go get lost on the trails. *note* the club made a trip out to DSO last year and ended up sending 5 rigs back on trailers, so BE CAREFUL if yall decide to go out there. Carry a stick to check how deep holes are, go out in groups, etc. Like previously stated, a lot of crazies like to get wasted and drive recklessly, fun to watch but something you need to watch out for when driving.

We apologize for not being able to attend, but look forward to hearing about the trip. As always, remember you're representing the club and Texas A&M when you go out so please act like adults and be mindful of your actions. If you drink, don't drive. Best of luck, hope yall have a blast.

tommy53002
05-26-2015, 12:34 PM
I'm out for a 31st trip either way.

If we can get some decent weather ,long enough to help things dry out, i will be hitting up TORR one weekend in June.... I might be going even if it doesnt dry up. June is my last month before babygeddon, so rain or shine i want to go wheeling.

tommy53002
06-10-2015, 11:08 AM
so, did ya'll have a beach run?

Sharpe
07-19-2016, 11:50 AM
Any of you clowns going to come down to the National Seashore? I saw a maroon FJ Cruiser with a windshield banner down there around mile marker 25 on Saturday.