PDA

View Full Version : Clayton Christmas Carnage '16

KrazyKarl02
08-23-2016, 07:52 AM
Commencement is December 16th, so this years trip will be Friday December 16th to Sunday December 18th

For those of you who are not familiar, this is annual trip done at the end of the Fall Semester. Typically we head to Clayton, Ok the Thursday after school finishes. Wheel Friday and Saturday at Green Acres Off Road Area, then head home Sunday. You can camp out at Green Acres if you are brave, but most of us stay in a hotel.

Link to last year's trip thread:

http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?12916-Clayon-2015

Hotels: *Note the A&A is TAMOR's recommended lodging choice...

Phone Numbers

A&A Motel (918) 569-4101

Clayton Country Inn (918) 569-4165

Sardis Motel (918) 569-4665 - Closed

ROLL CALL

Person, Rig, Leaving From, Leaving Date, Passenger

BDR, XJ, Waller, Thursday
Karl, YJ, Crosby Proper, Thursday, Jerry D. Goss Esquire
Jones, Holy Scrambler
Fred, Lurch
Sam, Scout, Paris, Thursday
JB, Jeep
Flem, Rover, Dallas
Robbie, BarnBurner, thursday, DON'T FORGET THE NITROUS!
Zach Farrington, Fab Four Green Jeep , Houston

Passengers:
Jimmy Jam
Krebs
Seth
DavidO
Rhyno

People who suck:

Colman - I'll let you guess which one

bcolman
08-23-2016, 11:15 AM
I am in leaving Thursday towing my ranger

Sparling
08-23-2016, 01:23 PM
In with bronco leaving Thursday if I don't sell it.

colman
08-24-2016, 03:19 AM
i will be leaving thursday towing my newish black cj, unless i buy something off cl between now and then. If i back out this year again drinks are on me friday night. that should help motivate me to blow off work and come wheeling

aggie4life
08-25-2016, 02:32 PM
I want to make the trip this year, but will need to ride with someone. Willing to help with gas and expenses. I live in lockhart so hopefully someone in that area of the state. But willing to drive to Houston to met up. Anyone I can ride with?

JB
08-31-2016, 12:23 PM
IN, leaving Thursday. Have a room at A&A

Seth
09-01-2016, 12:35 PM
In.

AggieTJ2007
09-02-2016, 03:22 PM
I'm in.

Sharpe
09-06-2016, 04:05 PM
In. Got a room and plane ticket.

Shaggy
09-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Elise and I are in. Staying at the A&A. Bringing the JKU and maybe the Tate Jeep also.

aggie4life
09-17-2016, 07:32 PM
If anyone needs a tow rig. Got permission to use my father 2016 chevy 3500 dully High Country. It's located in houston so something in that area would be better.I have a 16ft trailer but it's not full width.

colman
09-19-2016, 03:54 PM
i just booked the last room at the a&a main, there is still rooms available at the annex

CLNethery
10-06-2016, 10:45 AM
After last nights meeting, I've got 20 current members who are planning on making it up there this year. We are pushing the forum pretty hard, so hopefully we will start to see activity pick up a bit with the current members and they will chime in on their plans. Out of the 20, majority will be passengers but we hope to have at least 5 rigs coming with us (they have two months to break/get fixed, so we'll see. Y'all know how that goes). We also pitched a t-shirt design contest at the meeting, alum are welcome to join in on the contest as well - just post your design on this thread.

aggie4life
10-06-2016, 12:11 PM
1 King room booked at A&A

tommy53002
10-06-2016, 04:54 PM
After last nights meeting, I've got 20 current members who are planning on making it up there this year. We are pushing the forum pretty hard, so hopefully we will start to see activity pick up a bit with the current members and they will chime in on their plans. Out of the 20, majority will be passengers but we hope to have at least 5 rigs coming with us (they have two months to break/get fixed, so we'll see. Y'all know how that goes). We also pitched a t-shirt design contest at the meeting, alum are welcome to join in on the contest as well - just post your design on this thread.

Is the forum still set up so that someone has to approve members before they can post? I recall that I had to bug someone at the meetings (a few times) to make my account able to post. I don't know if that is still the case, but if you're pushing the forum, you might check it out.

aggie4life
10-06-2016, 08:50 PM
Is the forum still set up so that someone has to approve members before they can post? I recall that I had to bug someone at the meetings (a few times) to make my account able to post. I don't know if that is still the case, but if you're pushing the forum, you might check it out. It's been changed, once you click link in email after you sign up you have posting rights. And the new webmaster knows to looks for anyone that hasn't done email verification.

KrazyKarl02
10-07-2016, 10:53 AM

Good to hear, I would also like to formally submit my entry for the t-shirt design contest, a picture of my entry is below:

CamperSpecial67
10-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Myself, The Chief, Leaving from College Station with the jeep in tow (plan on breaking... a lot), passengers will be Collin, Devon and Sid. Camping in the jeep or a tent with a heater... No money for the hotel room, its all going into the jeep!

Sharpe
10-11-2016, 03:00 PM
If you're camping, just be aware it can get cold as fukk. I'm a thin skinned ***** when it comes to cold weather, and people have camped there, but in years past it's gotten down into the teens and we got sleet one year.

CamperSpecial67
10-11-2016, 08:29 PM
thats what im expecting, hence having the space heater. thinking i might run a power outlet set up with an inverter so i can plug in one or two of them up to stay nice and toasty. in theory anyways.. but thanks for the heads up!

Jeeper2001
10-13-2016, 04:19 PM
I will be making the trip out to Clayton this year. It is my second year in the club and I will be bring my Jeep. The plan is for my dad and me to trailer it up there and camp.

I only have a few more things on the to do list before Clayton.

-Add aussie locker up front
-oil pan skid
-Find some spare axle shafts (Dana 30)

Shaggy
10-19-2016, 03:13 PM
I have some spare TJ 30 shafts I'll bring for anyone that needs them. I don't anymore.

sam_hodnett
10-20-2016, 10:54 AM
This might be a damn good year! I need to get the scout down to dallas and start going over my very short list of things to do. mainly brakes, some small wiring issues, and I need to get a new wheel. Interested to see how the gas half ton hauls the scout.

Shaggy
10-21-2016, 08:52 PM
Just talked to my brother Jason. He is likely coming too. Finally put a new engine in his TJ.

aggie4life
11-02-2016, 04:20 PM
Just want to mention that I still have an Open trailer. Don't want to take my 48 2A to Clayton. I have a 16th utility trailer that i can use. Its 76 inches wide inside the rails. I got permission from my old man to use his 16 Chevy 3500 DRW High Country for the Trip. Truck is Located in Houston, so if anyone needs a rig hauled I can help. I just ask for Shotgun on the trail.

aggie4life
11-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Trailer spot has been claimed

CLNethery
11-21-2016, 12:49 PM
I have some spare TJ 30 shafts I'll bring for anyone that needs them. I don't anymore.

Lots of carnage at Hidden Falls this past weekend across the group. Ended up snapping my TJ 35 driver side shaft. As much as I would love to upgrade to a 44, it's not in the budget. If you (or anyone else in the thread) happen to know of a spare 35 shaft laying around and wouldn't mind bringing it to clayton, please let me know. (Disclaimer: I'm not planning on wheeling in clayton, just spectating)

AggieTJ2007
11-21-2016, 12:56 PM
The Jeep will be there. Ordered new tires Saturday and the seals for the front axle.

Will be there Thursday evening / afternoon depending on when everyone else wants to leave

KrazyKarl02
11-21-2016, 09:32 PM
Be up there Thursday around 8 or 9

Seth
11-23-2016, 10:18 PM
Planning on thurs evening arrival, truck camping. Will pay for shower use.

8Runner
11-26-2016, 09:16 PM
We cleaned the buggy and started it up for the first time in 6 months today. My son and I both want to go Wheeling soon so we might just have to do this run for old times sake :-)

CamperSpecial67
11-27-2016, 09:26 AM
Slight adjustment to original plan. Will now be spectating, serious carnage on the jeep at hidden falls this past weekend, so I'll now just be watchin the fun. Should have a order of hats in before we head up there if anyone wants one I'm bringing all the merch.

aggie4life
11-27-2016, 08:38 PM
What is generally a good time to get to Clayton on Thursday? Will be coming from Houston, but making a stop in cstat to be pick up my cargo. I took the day off so I can leave any time.

AggieTJ2007
11-27-2016, 09:17 PM
Anytime between 5pm and 2am usually. I will be there fairly early because I am leaving from work. And work is just over 2 hrs from Clayton

JB
11-28-2016, 12:02 PM
I will be there sometime Thursday afternoon.

Check this link below as a reminder of what route to take from the A&A to the trails, especially if pulling a trailer.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/usa-south-central/2209970-clayton-ok-has-new-designated-routes-permits-utv-street-use-2.html

jeffmcodniel
12-01-2016, 10:08 AM
I will need a trail seat if anyone has one available please let me know.

CamperSpecial67
12-01-2016, 01:33 PM
For those intrested, i just got a new order of our hats in and will be bringing them up to clayton for those who want to grab one! They sell like hot cakes and already have sold 6 out of the 25 i just got in today.... They run 20 a pop, comfortable and look great!

AggieTJ2007
12-01-2016, 04:11 PM
I will take a hat as well

8Runner
12-02-2016, 05:01 PM
For those intrested, i just got a new order of our hats in and will be bringing them up to clayton for those who want to grab one! They sell like hot cakes and already have sold 6 out of the 25 i just got in today.... They run 20 a pop, comfortable and look great!

I'll take one.

Also, I just reserved the last room at the A&A (a king in the Annex). Really would like a kitchenette in the main building so if someone wants to save some $ or needs to change plans, please let me know! As of right now I am planning to come in Thursday night and leave sunday. Bringing the buggy and my son, may bring another father & son as well.

Seth
12-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Weather looks decent! I am suburban camping, bumming/buying showers. Guess I should find a trail seat. Though, some walking won't hurt me.

KrazyKarl02
12-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Checking the roll call for the event, pretty damn good turn out:

Karl – Rig: Klogger V3.0 – Departing Crosby Proper Thursday
Jerry - Passenger
Jones – Rig: Holy Scrambler – Departing Spring Thursday
Doug – Passenger
BDR – Rig: The Damn XJ – Departing Mongolia, Tx Thursday
Fredo – Rig: Lurch – Departing Wylie Thursday
Jimmy Jam – Passenger
Sam “Bobby Hill” – Rig: The Murphy Beller – Departing Dirty D Thursday
JB – Rig: Busa YJ – Departing – San Antonio Thursday
Mrs. Brown – Passenger
Flem – Rig: Discovery – Departing Dallas Thursday
DavidO – Rig: Cruiser – Departing College Station Thursday
Cook – Rig: The Mechanical Asshole – Departing Dallas Thursday
Robbie – Rig: Barn Burner “flip-o-matic” Jeep – Departing Conroe Thursday
Mrs. Robbie – Passenger
Crieghton – Rig: The TJ that was the hangover – Departing Dallas Thursday
Scott – Rig: Red Buggy – Departing Houston Thursday
Busa – Rig: Green Buggy – Departing Anderson Proper Thursday
Heath – Rig: Jimmy’s Buggy – Departing East Crosby Thursday
Shaun – Rig: BTF Buggy – Departing West Crosby Thursday
Thomas – Rig: Buggy – Departing Huffman Thursday
Passenger - Travis
Zach F. – Rig: Fab Four Green Jeep
BColman – Rig: The amazing overheating ranger – Departing Houston Thursday
Colman – Rig: Whatever steaming pile of crap he picked up off of craigslist – Departing Houston Thursday
Chris Scotty – Rig: Sammy Buggy – Departing College Station
Passenger - Son
Sparling – Rig: ’91 Bronco – Departing San Antonio Thursday
Tate – Rig: JKU and Tate Jeep - Departing Thursday
CamperSpecial – Rig: The Chief – Departing College Station - Camping
Jeeper2001 – Rig Jeep, I assume a 2001 – Departing College Station - Camping
Passenger – Father -
Greg - Rig: 2.Whoa Fab4's - Departing North Cackolaky
Austin - Rig: Toyota

Passengers:
Sharpe – Flying into Dallas
Seth
Jeff Mcodnil
Aggie4Life – no rig – Departing Lockhart
Collin Nethery – No Rig with working axle shafts – Departing College Station - Camping
Maybe:
Kopecki

aggie4life
12-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Jack dewberry is a current member and I'll be towing up his cj5. Probably leaving college station early afternoon on Thursday.

8Runner
12-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Wow, what a turn out! I am bringing a friend and his son, Dustin and Jonas. Probably moving over to the Clayton Country Inn since all the two bed rooms are full at the A&A

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

aggie4life
12-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Just curious, does anyone know if Greg is coming with his newest fab four creation. I would love to see that thing in person.

KrazyKarl02
12-05-2016, 10:36 PM
I think Greg is coming

Seth
12-06-2016, 09:27 AM
Water update / info for new folks?

KrazyKarl02
12-06-2016, 09:32 AM
Water update / info for new folks?

???

85cj7
12-06-2016, 12:07 PM
I have a project in Oklahoma that I am trying to schedule for that week. That should put me in Clayton on Thursday sometime. I'll be bringing the new Cherokee. Not sure if Sofia is coming yet...she may get a ride with Flem on the way up.

thom_capp
12-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Not taking rig, but I'll be driving up Thursday and riding with Cole (Jeeper2001), then camping out for weekend

Drabenaldt95
12-06-2016, 12:35 PM
My girlfriend and i willbe comming up thursday and spectating friday we still need trail seats as well Hidden falls decided to wreck my rig

colman
12-06-2016, 01:47 PM
looks like the black cj is gonna make it. no last minute craigslist rig for me. only need to finish repairing rusty body mounts and wire in cb and radio

Shaggy
12-06-2016, 11:43 PM
Adam Nix is a hard maybe with his new 4Runner
Tate jeep will most likely stay home. Just bringing the jku
My brother Jason is coming with his TJ that he brought up several years ago.

colman
12-08-2016, 09:17 AM
I will be bringing several pallets from my warehouse for the fire. Anyone else bringing firewood?

Shaggy
12-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Looking like 40+ rigs this year once you add in the youngins that are still in school. I'm getting excited. Now if I can just get some of these things on my to do list complete.

BMFScout
12-09-2016, 12:49 AM
#whothe****isthisoldguy

I called ahead and told Clayton Country Inn to order more chicken fried steaks for Friday night. When I told the nice old lady that we were coming, she sounded confused. She asked for a time and how many people, I told her 30-ish and anywhere from 6-9:30. (I think they close around that time) She seriously didn't know what to think, and was a little overwhelmed. She actually called me back (I guess they do have caller id there!) to re-affirm what I had told her and what date.

Also, and most importantly, it is the best man at my wedding, and my baby brother's (same dude) birthday on Friday. If you know him, AND he likes you, you know this guy would do anything for you. I love that his birthday falls on this weekend every year, as he'd rather be nowhere else. If you have a story, we might share those, if you don't, you will after this weekend. He is the spirit of Clayton, always pitching in, always making it fun for everyone. (Who isn't a douchebag)

Let's go now, eff it.

BMFScout
12-09-2016, 02:11 AM
I am in leaving Thursday towing my ranger

Remember when you had that Blazer? It was awesome. :flipoffdude:

BMFScout
12-09-2016, 02:14 AM
thats what im expecting, hence having the space heater. thinking i might run a power outlet set up with an inverter so i can plug in one or two of them up to stay nice and toasty. in theory anyways.. but thanks for the heads up!

I have slept in a tahoe/suburban a few years with an extension cord running from a room. This is totally acceptable.

BMFScout
12-09-2016, 02:29 AM
One more note of importance for newcomers. I (and my volunteers) make dinner on Saturday night at the A&A Motel. (room to be determined) As long as you are down with red beans and rice with sausage and sweet cornbread cooked in a motel room in Clayton, OK, you are welcome. I have never had a complaint! If you feel obliged to contribute to the youth of the area, by all means do. It is not a requirement to dine with us, multiple people pitch in and dinner is free. I just want us to all hang out leading up to the White Trash White Elephant awesomeness.

BMFScout
12-09-2016, 02:35 AM
One last thing, bring wood. Whatever you have, 2x4's, old fence, split seasoned oak, neighbor's mailbox pole, we're not picky. It's going to be effing cold, and things are going to get burned! Hopefully it's things we've brought, but we have pilfered wood from the mountain before.

Doug Krebs
12-13-2016, 04:41 PM
Has anyone called the AA and asked if they could get us wood? I'm in for $20 for decent split wood.

Shaggy
12-13-2016, 05:20 PM
I have a bunch of junk 2x6 boards I might bring. I burned some this past weekend at my Christmas party and they burn nice if you already have a good fire going.

Doug Krebs
12-13-2016, 06:36 PM
I have a bunch of junk 2x6 boards I might bring. I burned some this past weekend at my Christmas party and they burn nice if you already have a good fire going.

Thanks for the invite.

colman
12-14-2016, 03:13 PM
im bringing a keg. work is crazy so still unsure when i'm going to finally leave town.

KrazyKarl02
12-14-2016, 09:26 PM
im bringing a keg.

I'm bringing pants.

bcolman
12-15-2016, 06:50 PM
I won't be getting in till after midnight, will someone get my key for me?

colman
12-18-2016, 10:48 PM
carnage report.
black cj tie rod. fan. radiator. rear yoke, rear driveshaft
duramax vss on the way home. luckily close to an oreilly and i replaced and got the allison out of third

aggie4life
12-19-2016, 11:18 AM
Here is a link to my Google Photos Album. https://goo.gl/photos/XosoQ6MeSTygXyhG9 There is a couple videos if put your mouse over them they start playing. I am more than happy to make a combined album on Facebook or something.

Also can get a copy of 'Twas the night before Clayton posted on here.

Seth
12-19-2016, 01:39 PM
Id like to see night before clayton.

bcolman
12-20-2016, 10:00 AM
I debeaded tires 4 times, bent steering linkage (slim fixed it friday), popped out coil spring to many times to count, engine is now idling too high (2k rpm or more)

85cj7
12-20-2016, 10:04 AM
My Neutral Safety Switch took a ****. We had to jump the starter relay to get it running and slam the shifter around to finally get it out of park.

KrazyKarl02
12-20-2016, 09:57 PM
I debeaded tires 4 times, bent steering linkage (slim fixed it friday), popped out coil spring to many times to count, engine is now idling too high (2k rpm or more)

Check the idle air control motor on the side of the throttle body. Common Ferd problem. You can unbolt and clean with carb cleaner.

Fredo
12-20-2016, 11:18 PM
My heater switch started acting up coming off the mountain Saturday night. -End of my Carnage Report.

Quite refreshing after the past two months. It did feel odd Friday night not blowing an axle apart or something.

KrazyKarl02
12-21-2016, 08:40 AM
My Jeep somehow came out of Clayton with a new hood, so it left in better shape than when it arrived. I also had an issue with my heater, the engine would never get warm enough to warm up the cab.

Also I can't believe after getting my customized "Jeeps Of New England Sport Utilities and Crossover" Club license plate, that Heath was also a member and had got custom plates too.

KrazyKarl02
12-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Other Carnage:

Jones cracked an oil pan in his scrambler.

The Blue Torch Fab blue and green buggy cracked an oil pan Friday on the trail, replaced it Saturday morning, then at the exit of Redneck Millionaire bent a steering ram shaft. While trying to recover we cracked the oil pan again! Sunday we made a run to Tractor Supply in Wilburton, picked up a tractor cylinder, had Slim weld a bracket on it for us, had O'reilly's make some adapter hoses, JB Welded the oil pan, and borrowed a tie rod off of a blazer in Slim's Yard. Actually putting this stuff on the buggy took like 40 minutes, running around getting it all took all morning. Below is a picture of the awesomeness, we drove that bitch out. Got back to the A&A at about 4:00 pm and departed.

Shaggy
12-23-2016, 03:21 PM
The Tate JKU Rock Bouncer got a few new dents. Lots of new scratches on skids. New tie-rod failure repaired by Slim. One debead. New dent on grumper to match old dent. Several tires leaking now that back at home(probably just dirty beads). Didn't get to wheel much but had a great time.

BMFScout
03-31-2017, 11:27 PM
I can't make it, but Ed's buddy we donated money to on the chamber is having a clean up/green up next weekend (4/8/17) in Clayton. I was thinking if anyone was hankering to wheel and help the town, it could be a win/win.