PDA

View Full Version : things that make you say hmmmm...

Krawler68
01-14-2003, 09:18 AM
not quite the 450 I scored on scott's ramp... and I'm not even close to flexed out yet. Did I mention it now lives and runs smooth as a kitten purring?

http://www.offroadrepublic.com/gallery/albums/album48/aaa.jpg

Krawler68
01-14-2003, 09:20 AM
other pics are at...

http://www.offroadrepublic.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album48

BMFScout
01-14-2003, 09:33 AM
Look mine's actually on a trail... :flipoff2: Looks good, but let's see the EBVD actually hit a trail, God knows you have been talking about it long enough. Now that it is built up exactly like it "had to be" to wheel, do it you Michael Jackson wannabe. (the one glove in the pic...)
Jimmy "The only guy to drive my rig to (and away from) Clayton this past time" Brune :flipoff2:

robertf03
01-14-2003, 09:34 AM
Damnit Jimmy, I was about to comment on the glove

shake any babies over balconies lately? :flipoff2:

Krawler68
01-14-2003, 10:16 AM
I knew that was going to get some ****... I had just ripped the other one off.

As for getting to and from the trail... you driving your scout only proves your as dumb as brandon and mark... it's much nicer in a tow rig... Even mine. :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Doug

redcagepatrol
01-14-2003, 10:34 AM
after looking at your Christmas break pics, that girl next to Shipman looks like Denise - remember her?

Who is Nikki - did you find a gal for you yet?

Also, you said "Not even close to flexed out yet" but that front coil looks like it is giving it all it has in compression.

one more thing - that thing us STILL ugly!!!

One final thing - wedding date for your calender March 13 '04

Krawler68
01-14-2003, 10:57 AM
Not Denise

Yes It is a girl for me... she's pretty cool

That coil has about 2" of compression left, and the droop side has a lot left, not to mention I still have 9" travel shocks mounted in the back, and it is now what is inhibiting my flex. I think I'll loosen it up a bunch with my new 14" bilsteins in the rear and a set of national springs... not to mention a little more cutting in the rear.

My tires rub my coils at full flex. I need to put on some 1" wheel spacers too...

I know it's ugly, but in a cool way.

I'll be there... NOTHING could stop me from showing up.

Doug

Jackasic
01-14-2003, 11:10 AM
looks pretty flexed out to me. I would be suprized if you lose a spring on the trail, the way that tire is hitting it.

oh, and by the way real rigs drive home:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

http://www.offroadrepublic.com/gallery/albums/album48/aaj.sized.jpg

AgDieseler
01-14-2003, 11:13 AM
I saw that stinky orange filter, Doug. Friends don't let friends use Fram!

BigRedFord04
01-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by AgDieseler
I saw that stinky orange filter, Doug. Friends don't let friends use Fram!
he only did it to match the diff cover and c-bushings :rolleyes: :flipoff2:

Fredo
01-14-2003, 01:04 PM
You know, looking at the body on that bronco kinda reminds me of a big greasy burger in a brown paper bag. That thing looks like the grease is soaking through the body panels. Try to give that ugly bitch a bath man. :D

redcagepatrol
01-14-2003, 01:07 PM
now that's a good analogy:D :D

Krawler68
01-14-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Jackasic
looks pretty flexed out to me. I would be suprized if you lose a spring on the trail, the way that tire is hitting it.

oh, and by the way [b]real rigs drive home:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

It's not flexed out... what do you know about coils? :flipoff2:

Broncos don't lose coils... they have a beefy spring retainer setup that bolts the coils in.

Real rigs have trailers so they can be pushed hard and broken, without giving the unprepared and foolhardy driver an ulcer trying to fix his rig in time to get home.

:flipoff2:

Doug

Krawler68
01-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Fredo
You know, looking at the body on that bronco kinda reminds me of a big greasy burger in a brown paper bag. That thing looks like the grease is soaking through the body panels. Try to give that ugly bitch a bath man. :D

that is a good analogy:D :D ... unfortunately I don't think I'll ever be able to avoid the cheap drab paint soaking up any oil, water, or grease that touches it...

Doug

BigRedFord04
01-14-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Fredo
its called "clear coat"...duh...but grease is better, paint and wax all in one :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

BMFScout
01-15-2003, 03:50 AM
Doug, rationalize all you want, but nothing is cooler than driving your rig to the trailhead, walking all over everybody, then driving home. I did not do this at Clayton, I had a support vehicle, aka Dragula, but I did drive home...

redcagepatrol
01-15-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by BMFScout
Doug, rationalize all you want, but nothing is cooler than driving your rig to the trailhead, walking all over everybody, then driving home. I did not do this at Clayton, I had a support vehicle, aka Dragula, but I did drive home...

Yes Jimmy it is fun while your vehicle is still tame - as I have driven home from Clayton (to College Station not Planno) many, many times after walking over everybody.

But... after the first time that you put your truck on a trailer and don't have to worry about getting home and not having an AC in the summer, or not having to worry about getting up that next hill without dropping 10mph (your V8 might help here), you never want to go back.:)

Krawler68
01-15-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by redcagepatrol

Yes Jimmy it is fun while your vehicle is still tame - as I have driven home from Clayton (to College Station not Planno) many, many times after walking over everybody.

But... after the first time that you put your truck on a trailer and don't have to worry about getting home and not having an AC in the summer, or not having to worry about getting up that next hill without dropping 10mph (your V8 might help here), you never want to go back.:)

I doubt your scout "walked over" EVERYONE in clayton... maybe the other Scouts :Flipoff2:, and more stock rigs ... I'm not saying that as a cut down, but like Scott said... it's still a mild rig.

And as Scott says... only people without a real tow rig setup brag about how cool it is to drive to the trail.

And Scott... doesn't your 22re have more power than that 'Binder V8? :flipoff2: The power to weight ratio is probably better.

Doug

redcagepatrol
01-15-2003, 09:07 AM
In Jimmy's defense - he didn't say he "walked over everyone" in Clayton, and - I know his engine will pull him at highway speeds easily - mine won't with 37's

bburris
01-15-2003, 10:27 AM
nothing is cooler than driving your rig to the trailhead, walking all over everybody, then driving home. I did not do this at Clayton

sorry Doug...read the last part...

Krawler68
01-15-2003, 10:42 AM
true... I am retarded and lack the ability to percieve the intended meaning of many posts. I recant and have deleted said post.

Doug

robertf03
01-15-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by redcagepatrol

OOHH YEAH!?!?

I got locka :flipoff2:

BMFScout
01-15-2003, 07:47 PM
My post was merely to illustrate that you have dumped a lot of money in that ****pot and it hasn't ever seen the trail. Of course a trailer is the way to go, but the Dragula can't pull two scouts, and the sled only has room for one scout, so you do what you have to, so why not brag that mine can still do it easily? I am glad your rig is close to completion, it looks as good as a trail rig EBVD can look. I just keep thinking about how much money is in it, who actually built it, and how many trails it (and you) has seen compared to how much **** you talk.

eight
01-15-2003, 09:12 PM
I got a better one. Last time I went wheeling, I drove out to the trail, broke some of my transmission off, and then drove back home. And I had the best rig out there. Does that make me "COOL"?

Fredo
01-16-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by eight
I got a better one. Last time I went wheeling, I drove out to the trail, broke some of my transmission off, and then drove back home. And I had the best rig out there. Does that make me "COOL"?

no

Krawler68
01-16-2003, 07:59 AM
I just keep thinking about how much money is in it, who actually built it, and how many trails it (and you) has seen compared to how much **** you talk.

I hate to once again call bull****, but I do believe I actually built it... WTOR screwed up everything they touched, but the cage (Which BTW took them 8 months to build even though I pushed for 6 of those months for them to get on the stick) and the hydro assist steering. I spent the last 3 months re-doing EVERYTHING they touched. I fixed anything I could find that was done half assed. I highly resent that you think I didn't build it myself. I would have gladly had a capable shop help me finish it, but unfortunatly that didn't work out so i had to...

I may not be at HARDCORE Gilmer every month, for this I apologize, my schwartz is small compared to your's.

Doug

BMFScout
01-17-2003, 12:57 AM
This post has gotten a little escalated dougie, I just was taking a small shot at you because your truck hasn't made it to the trail. I am sure it will someday, and I am sure it will kick ass, you are an Off-Road god, and I am jealous, all hail all things POR...

Cody_91YJ
01-17-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Krawler68

WTOR screwed up everything they touched

I think I've heard that one before...Rig's lookin good though

Krawler68
01-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Cody_91YJ

I think I've heard that one before...Rig's lookin good though

***...Joseph feels like I do on this one I assume? Some stuff they do is REALLY nice, and they know how to do it, but they always half-ass complete the job.

I am glad i let Matt do my Hydro assist though. I wouldn't want anybody else ****ing with it.

Jimmy- sorry about the pissing match... just lost my head for a while.

Doug

Cody_91YJ
01-17-2003, 11:45 AM
yea, I think he's getting kinda frustrated,
Anyway, he's going to try and bring it out to Katemcy to wheel with us. It crawls pretty bad ass so I'm hoping he'll be able to make it

Krawler68
01-17-2003, 12:55 PM
Matt said he'd loan him his YJ if he didn't have the FJ done...that would be a good trade...

Cody_91YJ
01-17-2003, 02:18 PM
*** yea that'd be some funny ****, It would kill my bro to drive a jeep ***

Did you tie the cage tied into the frame?