PDA

View Full Version : Spring Perches

davido
04-18-2002, 03:12 PM
If you're ever doing a project and need spring perches, here's something to keep in mind:

Mopar Spring Perches
Part # P4120074
Price: $10.89/pair (at the dealership)

Fits all Chrysler Vehicles with 3" Axle Tubes. When installing a leaf spring suspension in your street rod, use these spring mounting seats. These seats work with all leaf springs and all 3" diameter tube rear axles.(8-1/4", 8-3/4", 9-1/4", 9-3/4").

I'm not sure about you, but if I would have known that they were this cheap, I wouldn't have wasted the time trying to build them. Not to mention the foot of square tubing, gas, grinder wheel, and drill bit.

AgDieseler
04-18-2002, 07:35 PM
I bet 14FF, D80, D70, Ford 10.25, and a few others fall into the 3" diameter area also. Not a bad price for pre-fabbed. I wonder how much they would be with that fabled dealer discount.

Chadnutz
04-21-2002, 11:51 AM
I'm pretty sure when Landon was swapping out Nikki's 12 bolt for a 14 bolt SF that he was having trouble getting u-bolts. The u-bolts for the SF were either 3.25" or 3.5" which puts either the 10 bolt or the 12 bolt in that 3" range. I doubt all those big axles you named are 3" in diameter, but I could be wrong. I'll look into it whenever I have to worry about a perch.

btw... Tube will be shortened this week. Steering knuckles will be done this week. Then I must get a tie rod from that place that RJ used or make mine shorter just temporarily so the tires will point the right direction. It isn't really a big deal, but It would help a little I guess. The the $800 or so gets dropped in gears and lockers and an install kit. :(