PDA

View Full Version : Texas Club Challenge!

Ben97XJ
01-16-2003, 01:50 AM
I was just wondering what the rules are for the challenge as far as who is allowed to come and whatnot. Just wondering how we should go about advertising and what the price will be. If those have already been determined.
So if Jason can answer or someone who knows.
Thanks

froader03
01-16-2003, 11:09 AM
at this point it's pretty much wide open, but at the same time it needs to stay within reason. if you know someone or a group of people who are responsible wheelers and interested in the event then by all means inform them of what we have going on. on the other hand for the time being we don't want club members going out and informing every random person or board (i.e. POR). not that we don't want certain people out there, but such invitations will be distributed by the administration in a well organized and somewhat professional manner. we had an officers' meeting last weekend and talked about this. I'll keep any important updates of the board, but to get the whole spiel on this and discuss things in a more conversational atmosphere please come to the meeting next week.

Hensel

froader03
01-27-2003, 07:26 PM
just a heads up for everyone, especially those who have volunteered to help with the TCC. I'll be posting some stuff later this week about what we need to get done and when it needs to be done by. I just wanted to say a little something so people weren't wondering if I'd forgotten about them. I've got everyone's name down who wants to help and rather than send out a bunch of different emails, PMs, etc. I'll organize some things over the next few days and have stuff to do after this CF of a week winds down.

all for now.

Hensel

froader03
02-02-2003, 02:51 PM
we're gonna have a pre-meeting meeting this week for all those interested helping with the Club Challenge. let's meet at Rudy's at 7:30 on wednesday to get everyone caught up on what's going on thus far and discuss some final decisions that need to be made. I hope to see a lot of people there. feel free to contact me with any questions before then.

Hensel
693-9988

froader03
02-02-2003, 09:32 PM
ok, so for the time being, disregard that last post. I have a test being given on wednesday from 7:15-9:15pm. we need to meet and discuss things still. so as of right now plan on meeting immediately after the general meeting. I'm really sorry about this and I have requested to take the exam at a different time, so if that works out I'll move back to the original plan as that will probably work out better for everyone. just keep checking the boards and I'll keep everyone updated.

Hensel

p.s. this sux. whoever came up with the idea of night tests (I already had to deal with it for a year in engineering) is a bad, bad person. and whoever administers exams in this fashion can come grab a spoon because they think their time is more precious than mine, the 450 in my class and the 450 people in 341 who will all be taking this exam on wednesday night. damn the man.

froader03
02-03-2003, 07:11 PM
ok, so the FINC TAs are morons and I have to take a test wednesday night at 7:15. I'll do my damnedest to make the meeting, but let's count on having the TCC subcommittee meeting at 9pm (right after the general meeting). I should ne there by then and it shouldn't last more than half an hour. see y'all there.

Hensel

Krawler68
02-05-2003, 10:45 AM
Hensel I need you to give me a call. I met a staff writer for Peterson's at CalRocs... he wanted to come down and cover the club challenge for the magazine... I made no commitments and mentioned your name... so I need to get you his contact info.

Doug