PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Lift: body&suspension vs suspension

jazzie
02-17-2003, 02:07 PM
My jeep is my main set of wheels. That being said obviously it needs to still fit in various parking garages. I am debating on a combination 1 inch body lift and a 2.5 inch suspension lift as opposed to an outright suspension lift. My question is are there any drawbacks to doing this when compared to just the full suspension lift? Also I am looking at a spring over setup while doing all this.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
thanks,
-Brad

Shaggy
02-17-2003, 02:34 PM
Just spring it over... it wont have any trouble fitting in parking garages

robertf03
02-17-2003, 02:44 PM
what size tires are you going to run, and do you plan on swapping the rear axle out for something stronger?

do you already have a slip yoke eliminator kit?

if you want to do it quick and cheap, 2.5" lift springs and 1" body lift would work good. I had that setup on mine and with some cutting had 36" TSL's

BigRedFord04
02-18-2003, 01:35 AM
parking garages on campus are almost all 7'0" w/ the exception of the one by the SCC which is 6'8"...not that I ever go, bein' 7'3" hinders even the idea...it is kinda cool though to say my truck wont fit in the garage :D

mark
02-19-2003, 04:39 PM
Don't go over 7' if you want to fit in any garage. Norm is 7' tall with the following:

SOA
2.5" Springs (a little less now)
2" body lift
33's

You could do 33's with the SOA only or 35's with the SOA and a 1" body lift.

You will need a slip yoke eliminator and a stronger rear axle (or ready supply of axle shafts).

-Mark