PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Trying to bleed clutch system!

Doug Krebs
03-04-2003, 10:49 PM
I put this on another board, so i just copy and pasted it! I'm looking for help here, not any other comments, thanks!

Here is my situation, i'm putting a sm-465 in my blazer and decided to go hydraulic. The only problem is i couldn't find a bell housing, so i made my own bracket to hold the slave. The bracket is plenty strong and it mounts so that when the slave is pushed all the way in the fork is on the 16 little prongs on the pressure plate. Also, i made the bracket inside the truck on the pedal only to move an 1.5", because that is the stroke length on the master cylinder. I'm also using a hydraulic line, with an 1/8 inch ID. When i bleed, all i do is keep getting air. I took the slave off and held it down thinking air could get trapped somewhere. What is my problem???? I need this fixed now, i still have to swap a dana 60 in before saturday morning when i leave on a 14 hour trip to las cruces for spring break. Help me please!!!!!

robertf03
03-04-2003, 11:02 PM
is the bleeder up or down? it needs to be up so air can escape

can you take a picture of it?

Doug Krebs
03-05-2003, 12:29 AM
i took the slave off so i could point the bleeder down, another guy told me to push the slave cylinder and back bleed it

Jackasic
03-05-2003, 07:31 AM
since it is an open sysyem, have you tried opening the bleeder and letting the fluid gravity feed? you may need to slighly push the petal to make it work.

On my NV4500, I blead it just like that, when I got fluid to apear, I shut it off and then bleed it the normal way. it wa a little different in that the valve was opened via an allen wrench on the bottom.