PDA

View Full Version : Grabber Green 8.8

BMFScout
03-06-2003, 02:17 AM
Alright, 8.8 is in. Jimmy Mancuso says I don't need to screw with the master cylinder, or prop valve, so it stays the same. Here is my question, the pinion sets off to the right a little bit, the axle itself is basically centered in the jeep, but the driveshaft kicks a little to the right. Is this right? The track-bar isn't attached yet.
Also, I thought the that driveshaft was supposed to be too long after getting done with this swap, but it is actually 3/4 of an inch shorter than it should be, maybe something to do with the flange type mount instead of the yoke deal? Let me know what you guys think, and I will go do a search on POR. Thanks. This is on a 99 TJ for those of you not in the know...

Cody_91YJ
03-06-2003, 04:34 AM
Well on my YJ, it shortened the driveshaft about .5" or so, maybe a little more so that sounds about right. I think the driveshaft is kicked out a bit to the right, but I'd have to take another look at it to double check, either way its not that bad, I dont get any vibes outa the rear end and havent had a problem with it yet

jmancuso
03-06-2003, 06:36 AM
With the springover on my 8.8 it required adding 1 ¾" to the driveshaft.
The offset is not a problem, but I installed a CV driveshaft as well.

BMFScout
03-06-2003, 09:19 AM
just wanted to make sure it was normal, thanks guys.

lissa
03-07-2003, 12:43 AM
Axle is done, locka goes in tomorrow at J&P, and then we are driving to Dallas, Got everything worked out, thanks again for the help guys, and thanks to doug, you big stud, for the use of your driveway/welder.
Jimmy