bigFAWKINranger
03-18-2003, 05:45 PM
damnit

bigFAWKINranger
03-18-2003, 05:49 PM
wasn't drunk either

spool
03-18-2003, 05:54 PM
That sucks. Are you going to give us a story to go along with pics?

bigFAWKINranger
03-18-2003, 06:05 PM
the street turned 90* to the right, i hit it a little fast for the loose gravel. the ass end slid around... i got completly sideways and it rolled while fishtailing, so i ended up in the right hand side of the road on my pass side in a bar ditch facing the wrong way.

bigFAWKINranger
03-18-2003, 06:08 PM
still gay

bigFAWKINranger
03-18-2003, 06:12 PM
mo bullchit

Cody_91YJ
03-18-2003, 06:15 PM
damn man, that sucks ass

bigFAWKINranger
03-18-2003, 06:16 PM
i'll answer questions when i get back- time to go get it from my friend's house.

robertf03
03-18-2003, 06:19 PM
can I have the inspection and reg. sticker :D

Chadnutz
03-18-2003, 06:23 PM
Nix, I don't know if anyone has worse luck than you do. Damn man...That sucks. I'm sorry.

May as well start looking in junk yards for a cab.

dreed
03-18-2003, 06:34 PM
man that blows. i'll probly be in town this weekend so if you need any help with anything let me know.

BigRedFord04
03-18-2003, 07:04 PM
so many mixed emotions....

http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/cwm/cwm/eek5.gif http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/aahmed/sad.gif http://www.rocketsky.net/~mysmilies/contrib/ruinkai/wscared.gif http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/otn/sad/mecry.gif

....sorry man

Jackasic
03-18-2003, 07:20 PM
that blowes, what is insurane going to say? Normal in TAMOR, this is the point were the truck becomes a rock rig. Looks like you were thinking ahead.

Hope it works out for the best. email me if you need any help (I have a freind who buys "totaled" cars and maybe find you a cab cheap).

JB
03-18-2003, 07:30 PM
Ding King (http://www.blacostore.com/dktool.asp?link=google_group) :flipoff2:

sucks man

BigRedFord04
03-18-2003, 07:40 PM
***...what a d!ck! guess he'll need the "Professional Grade Ultimate Kit" huh? :flipoff2:

Shaggy
03-18-2003, 07:42 PM
that sucks ass man... but look at it this way... you may be able to buy it back from the insurance company for less than you owe on it now... dont feel bad i rolled mine too this past week... good luck with everything

eight
03-18-2003, 07:56 PM
May I suggest... (http://www.jpoffroad.com/replacement/CJ8b.htm)

BigRedFord04
03-18-2003, 08:33 PM
ahem....no you MAY NOT! its a FORD! :flipoff2:

bigFAWKINranger
03-18-2003, 09:27 PM
okay ladies. thanks for the suggestions. my options are as follows- insurance, they might total it, or might fix it... OR i chop the top off, build a 6pt cage and see if i can run a CJ or YJ soft top on it. i like the second idea better.
anybody have REAL experience with insurance claims??? will they pay it off, or will they give me blue book value? if they pay it off, i will not have the $$ to buy it back OR buy anything else... i'll be screwed. if they give me blue book, and its more than i owe- i'll pay off the truck and buy back the ranger, execute option 2 above and save $$ to buy a DAILY/TOW rig.
i dunno what to do here- i'm really torn. mechanically its in great shape... just the windows are busted out and the doors are ****ed.

bigFAWKINranger
03-18-2003, 09:30 PM

bigFAWKINranger
03-18-2003, 09:32 PM

bigFAWKINranger
03-18-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by eight
If it was stock they'd give you blue book value, more than one would sell for. Not sure what they're gonna say about your mods. But if you have one of those cheap insurance companies you may have to get a lawyer after them.
i have a reputable insurance co- FARMERS INSURANCE. my dad is being a pissy little b!tch and hasn't even talked to me bc he's mad that his insurance might go up. so i dunno if i'll even claim it. anybody have any INTELLIGENT comments or suggestions about the soft top idea?? how hard would it be? i want to get a cage anyway--- if i just built it along the lines of a "jeep" cage then the only tough part would be matching it up to the body and making some chitty little removeable doors.

StevenAg03
03-18-2003, 10:04 PM
i think you ought to just fix the cab. it looks bad ass(before you rolled it anyway). i personally would not want to have the hassle of cutting off the roof. might cause a lot of structural strength problems. if it were me, i would fix the cab and exo cage it.

got any better pix of before the roll, but after the flat bed?

redcagepatrol
03-18-2003, 10:05 PM
That really sucks - sorry man.... not that I have any experience in the area.

I have never owed money on a truck that I have rolled but have always claimed insurance, bought the truck back, and spent the spare money building it. I would assume that Farmers would give you blue book and you would have to pay it off with that.

My suggestion depends on how much you owe on it and if you can afford another daily driver/tow rig while STILL paying for your "trail" rig.

What the hell does your dad have to do with your insurance - are you still sixteen or something - don't you have your own policy???

Don't do a custom top. Ask Chris Scotti about that

First step - call insurance see what they say and get off your daddy's account so he stops complaining. Go from there depending on the insurance money...

bigFAWKINranger
03-18-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by StevenAg03
i think you ought to just fix the cab. it looks bad ass(before you rolled it anyway). i personally would not want to have the hassle of cutting off the roof. might cause a lot of structural strength problems. if it were me, i would fix the cab and exo cage it.

got any better pix of before the roll, but after the flat bed?

don't have any pre-rollover pics with the flatbed. sorry man.

bigFAWKINranger
03-18-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by redcagepatrol
That really sucks - sorry man.... not that I have any experience in the area.

I have never owed money on a truck that I have rolled but have always claimed insurance, bought the truck back, and spent the spare money building it. I would assume that Farmers would give you blue book and you would have to pay it off with that.

My suggestion depends on how much you owe on it and if you can afford another daily driver/tow rig while STILL paying for your "trail" rig.

What the hell does your dad have to do with your insurance - are you still sixteen or something - don't you have your own policy???

Don't do a custom top. Ask Chris Scotti about that

First step - call insurance see what they say and get off your daddy's account so he stops complaining. Go from there depending on the insurance money...
the reason i'm on my dad's policy is that i cannot find cheaper coverage anywhere. $125 a month for full coverage is pretty good. i'm gonna let the body shop guys at my dealership give me an estimate... i'll go from there.

mudtoy67
03-18-2003, 10:14 PM
I don't know what Farmer's does, but the way I've understood is that some insurance companies give you the money to replace the truck (if it's totalled) and then you have to provide reciepts for the rest of the junk that got broken (lift, tires, etc.) and they may/may not buy those for you.

AgDieseler
03-18-2003, 10:30 PM
When dealing with the aftermath of "the Miata incident", Farmers was very cool with me. I did a lot of the work, and they bought a ton of parts. We did a lot of transactions where I bought the parts and Farmers reimbursed me. Hopefully, you'll get a good adjuster like I did. No matter what you do, KEEP EVERY RECEIPT!!! It will save you a lot of hassle in the long run.

BTW: keep the cab, it look(ed) awesome

stinger7401
03-19-2003, 12:05 AM
oK nix, no smartass comment, i'm holdin it back.....j/k

for one, that sucks, for two i'd price a cab at a junkyard and do that route rather or not insurence pulls through. My bro wrecked his z71 we got estimates for about 2800, got a check and did the work ourselves, had someone paint it and still had like 900 left over. I'd try to go this route. You know though that they're gonna prolly try and pull the bull**** of lift and tire caused the **** to roll so make sure and fight it somehow. Make sure and have a good storry ready and stick with it. Whatever you do don't chop the top. If anything leave it like it is, maybe straighten it a bit and then exo it. Maybe weld the doors shut and pull a dukes of hazard but do put on the exo.

By the way what happend? Do you think it was caused by the swap? And this should have been our first question, are you OK? Did you have you seatbelt on?

Hope everything swings your way.

redcagepatrol
03-19-2003, 12:07 AM
if you can't make it to the Pirate 4x4 bash - I want your spot!!!:D

Krawler68
03-19-2003, 08:10 AM
If he can't make it I already have his spot reserved for troy... sorry Scott.

Doug

redcagepatrol
03-19-2003, 09:04 AM
Well then, I will be taking DavidO's spot...:D

Krawler68
03-19-2003, 09:23 AM
Oh ye of little faith... :D :D

No you right...you'll be taking David's spot.

Doug

davido
03-19-2003, 09:49 AM
1st off, glad to hear that you're ok.

2nd, Scott, you're a fag.1

3rd, when I rolled my (unmodified S10), they gave me "market value" which is loosely based on KBB and your local market. I had State Farm. The check was phat.... then they cancelled me. I took that money and my "buy a motorcycle" summer fun and bought the 4Runner. The rest, as they say, is history.

http://www.highlift.com/photos/chevy/s10_1.jpg
http://www.highlift.com/photos/chevy/s10_9.jpg

Finally, This is what I would do if it were me. Call today and claim it. That's why you have insurance, don't be affraid to use it. It's WAY too much of a hit to just absorb. Unlike some of the others, I would do the same thing that I though Chris Scotti should have done several years back. I would take the money, then buy the truck back. I think Scott & Ash's track records prove that to be a productive route. I however WOULD NOT fix it. I would not waste my time or money replacing the cab. The reason why is because it's already passed the hardest part of owning a "pretty" trail rig... taking the first hit. Now that it's past, just keep on using it as a trail rig. After looking at all of the body damage that was done over Spring Break, this truck is in a perfect position to make a bad ass trail rig with. It's going to come on the cheap from the insurance company because there's hardly anything on it that is of any value to an auto recycler. I WOULD cut the top off. A topless rig is WAY cooler than one with a top. The cage would be more than enough to make up for the strength lost by cutting the cage off. Take your door skins and make some half doors, and you're on your way.

Although I'm building my rig so that it hopefully will not take much body damage, I'm not going to go replacing panels if I dent them. That's part of it. I'm probably going to be pretty pissed the first time I really nail something, but after a couple of times, I won't care any more... and that will make it that much more fun. To have a well built rig that you can just go out and wheel, and not worry about what happens to the sheetmetal, that's sweet. Chris had an obnoxious amount of coverage on his when it was rolled. That's why his wasn't totalled. But the money that he got was still enough to pay off the truck, do a DIY hack and cage & SA conversion, and still have enough left to make a down payment. At this point, his daily driver is a HEAVILY modified, VERY high 4Runner. It's not terribly economical, comfortable, or reliable. It may never be again. That's not a good thing for a daily driver. Even if I didn't have the money to put down and make payments on a sweet tow rig, I would cash out of the Ranger and graduate it to fun rig status. I would take the leftover cash and buy a "bridge vehicle". Something that would get me from A to B to C for a while until it became feasible and important enough to get something else. Again, I would NOT reinvest a lot of money into the beautification of a vehicle that I use to thrash around on the trails with. It's a lot more fun when you know that you don't have to depend on that rig to get you to school or work on Monday.

That's my $.02. Good luck with it.

~dso

Cajun
03-19-2003, 10:03 AM
DavidO will be taking DavidO's spot, period. I'll be waving big middle fingers at all of you fawkers from the passenger seat. :flipoff2:

Krawler68
03-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Cajun
DavidO will be taking DavidO's spot, period. I'll be waving big middle fingers at all of you fawkers from the passenger seat. :flipoff2:

Good thing David is building that thing with one ton axles... you fawkers are putting a lot of load (Read: ass) in there for its test run... save a few flipoffs for me big man :D ...

Doug

bburris
03-19-2003, 11:09 AM
so there's another DavidO around now?

BigRedFord04
03-19-2003, 11:48 AM
I do agree that it would be best for you to try to claim it, let them total it out, get your estimates or whatever, then get on your own insurance and it wont affect your dad, but just FYI adam, Kelly Blue Book on your truck right now is $11,750 ( www.kbb.com ). if the insurance would only give you that much tell 'em to go f*ck themselves b.c. as far as i'm aware you still owe $12-13K? I just think it would suck to still be paying on that thing after this. I also agree about not fixing it. just one step closer to looking like that black ranger in the pics :flipoff2: . Straighten the pillars w/ a BIG FUKKING HAMMER, take the doors completely off...all four of 'em...and plexy glass the two windows. i think foley got a good deal on some plexy @ home depot up by his house, might talk to him to see how much it was. Then add a cage, internal...external...nocturnal...who cares, just put one in...and paint it grey to mock scott :flipoff2: primer's cheap anyway.

Krawler68
03-19-2003, 12:04 PM
This ranger? http://axlealley.alloffroad.com/images/axlealley10.JPGhttp://axlealley.alloffroad.com/images/axlealley41.JPG http://axlealley.alloffroad.com/images/axlealley66.JPG http://axlealley.alloffroad.com/images/axlealley69.JPG

hell he even looks like Adam...

Doug

bigFAWKINranger
03-19-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by stinger7401
oK nix, no smartass comment, i'm holdin it back.....j/k

for one, that sucks, for two i'd price a cab at a junkyard and do that route rather or not insurence pulls through. My bro wrecked his z71 we got estimates for about 2800, got a check and did the work ourselves, had someone paint it and still had like 900 left over. I'd try to go this route. You know though that they're gonna prolly try and pull the bull**** of lift and tire caused the **** to roll so make sure and fight it somehow. Make sure and have a good storry ready and stick with it. Whatever you do don't chop the top. If anything leave it like it is, maybe straighten it a bit and then exo it. Maybe weld the doors shut and pull a dukes of hazard but do put on the exo.

By the way what happend? Do you think it was caused by the swap? And this should have been our first question, are you OK? Did you have you seatbelt on?

Hope everything swings your way.
i talked to the body shop at my dealership- they said the insurance guy would total it almost undoubtedly. i found a COMPLETE, undamaged ranger body, minus the bed, for $1200... i am about $1175 short on funds. they also said FORD does not sell replacement cabs for ANY truck except supercrew F-150s.. basically- i can claim it on my insurance, and risk them totalling it, and telling me it ain't worth chit bc of my mods.
we figure i owe about 10K... insurance might give me around 6K.... then try to sell it back to me for 2K. so i get out with 4K... but they raise my payments and in 2 years i've already payed more than that in increased premiums. i dunno.... i'm still leaning toward 6pt cage no doors and jeep winshield.

i am fine, thanks for axing. i did have my seatbelt on, and walked away with bruising and cuts.. nothing serious. DUKES of HAZZARD setup will not work bud-- the windows are eye level for me... it'd not be so graceful as beau and luke were.

froader03
03-19-2003, 07:59 PM
LMAO... I can see it... it'd be like the pepsi truck drivers on that nascar commercial. funny ****.

bigFAWKINranger
03-19-2003, 08:08 PM
well i didn't do the exact math- but if austin is right, and my truck is worth $11,750 and i know i owe somewhere in the neighborhood of $12K, then i can't claim it. if they total it, i will be one paymnet short of paying it off and will have no money to buy it back.
hmm.. if i were to get the full value of $11,750, i could buy it back for the 2 or 3K and use the 8-9K to almost pay it off.
is there anyway to know if they will give me bluebook value vs an adjuster's personal appraisal? i'm just worried i'll end up screwed royally. the truck being fooked up does not bother me... body damage large or small is cool. but i've never filed a claim and if they dick me over i'll be without a ride and still have a truck payment to make.

robertf03
03-19-2003, 08:10 PM
how close are the older body style ranger cabs to yours? aren't there a bunch at pick and pull?

maybe a chevy luv cab conversion :D

bigFAWKINranger
03-19-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by eight
Have you ever heard of someone not getting a fair value out of insurance for a newish vehicle? Not saying it hasn't happened, but I haven't. Hell, I made $3500 when I ran over a little truck like yours, but I wasn't at fault. The reason the finance companies make you get full coverage insurance is so that if you total it, you have enough money to pay it off. It's your chance to get something back out of the insurance company, they'll be screwing you the rest of your life anyway. Be nice to the adjuster.

i've never heard anything about it. i have ZERO experience with this. i guess i can give em a call tomorrow. if i can get blue book on it, i'll be pretty happy- i'm just concrened that my mods will detract from the adjuster's value on my truck when he cuts me a check.

Chadnutz
03-20-2003, 08:01 AM
Why don't you mention the perfect cab and tell them you will do all the work if they foot the bill for the cab and whatever else you need to get it on. Then they only have to pay ~$2000.

Krawler68
03-20-2003, 08:13 AM
because big companies don't work sensibly like that. They follow a set of rules pretty unbendingly. Especially a company like Farmers... I would expect you to get quite a bit of flack from Farmers for a claim. They have quite a reputation for being seedy in their dealings with their insured. I would recommend if you get your own insuance seperate from your dad's that you get it somewhere else. Farmers may seem cheap to you right now, but they have been in quite the hot seat recently for unethical business practice and dropped claims on nearly 75% or their insured homes with claims.

Doug

Chadnutz
03-20-2003, 10:19 AM
I'll never understand how insurance companies can drop claims. That **** should be illegal. My roommate was rear ended by some kid. Then someone rear ended the kid and that pushed him into my roommate some more who was then pushed into the car in front of him. The kids insurance, who should have paid since it was his fault, didn't even pay to repair my roommates car. WTF! It wasn't my roommates fault his car got smashed, but he is left to pay for it?!?!

Enlighten me...

Krawler68
03-20-2003, 10:36 AM
BTW...it is illegal to drop claims... that's why Farmer's had a cease and decist order from the AG of Texas' office around election time this year... It was one of Rick perry's Re-election platforms.

Doug

StevenAg03
03-20-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Chadnutz
I'll never understand how insurance companies can drop claims. That **** should be illegal. My roommate was rear ended by some kid. Then someone rear ended the kid and that pushed him into my roommate some more who was then pushed into the car in front of him. The kids insurance, who should have paid since it was his fault, didn't even pay to repair my roommates car. WTF! It wasn't my roommates fault his car got smashed, but he is left to pay for it?!?!

Enlighten me...

your roommate was at fault for hitting the car in front of him. it does not matter if someone hit him or not. he was too close to the car in front of him. it sucks that it is like this, but thats how it goes some times....

Cajun
03-20-2003, 10:44 AM
I had Progressive when I lived in Detroit. I got rear-ended on the way to work one morning and got pushed into the car in front of me. Michigan is a "no-fault" state, which means each individual is responsible for the damages to their own vehicle, regardless of who caused the accident.

I sent a copy of the police report to Progressive and put them in contact with the officer who responded, and Progressive went after the guy's insurance company for my damages. End result: I paid no money to have $1200 worth of repairs done to our XJ.:D

This is how it should work. If your insurance company is being a bitch about paying a claim that they owe you, FIGHT BACK! Remember, this is why you have insurance. Call them, or better yet send letters by certified mail (so you have proof of receipt) and SAVE ALL RECORDS OF CORRESPONDENCE! You'll have to make sure that you know your policy better than they do, but that probably won't be too hard. If all else fails, get a lawyer.

We fought this battle with Mayflower when we moved from Detroit back to LA. One of our pieces of artwork was damaged, another dissapeared. We wanted the missing piece back, and the damaged piece fixed. They responded with a form letter stating that "they've done everything they could, but couldn't find our piece, they're sorry, blah blah" with no offer or resitution. Diya writes back-"fine, here's an appraisal of the piece and a bill for repairs, send us a check for $6K." They say, "no, it's your fault, you didn't label the package correctly." She says "No, YOU labeled all our packages, here's documentation to prove it." They say "You didn't follow this, this, and this." She says "Yes we did, here's documentation to prove it." They don't respond for a month. We get a lawyer, and file suit against Mayflower for $6K in damages. They counter, and due to some obscure technicality with packaging they're not liable for the full amount. End result, we get a check for $3500.

Sorry for the long story, but this is a sore spot with me. I will not tolerate people, companies, whoever, trying to take advantage of me. The point is if you're in the right get what's yours and FAWK THEM! You just have to be willing to fight it out, which may take months.

froader03
03-20-2003, 11:16 AM
I don't think it's your fault if you stop your vehicle before hitting the one in front of you. that means you were at a safe following distance and paying attention. now if you are forced forward after that by no fault of your own I doubt you would be guilty of any sort of violation where you would end up having to pay for any damages.

Chadnutz
03-20-2003, 11:33 AM
Who actually leaves enough space to be hit once by a car, and then once again, but being pushed by two cars. Especially when you think its over and let off the brakes. It was obviously not his fault, and if his car wasn't a major POS he might have actually fought it. I ended up trading that car for $50 and the toy axle, so it actually helped me. ;)

bigFAWKINranger
03-22-2003, 02:28 PM
gonna call the insurance co on monday. any helpful advice or tips?

BigRedFord04
03-22-2003, 09:23 PM
good luck