PDA

View Full Version : New FJ-62

Goldie
03-28-2003, 01:08 AM
Ok, I just got an 1988 FJ-62. And the first thing that I have to do is get the breaks working right. When you push down on the pedal, it goes about 3/4 of the way to the floor before you feel any resistance. And then from there on down it feels normal. Once you get resistance the car stops pretty quickly, without any noice at all nor any vibrations. Any ideas what might be the problem? And if anybody else has an FJ-62, I'm gonna have a lot of questions.

Chris
'88 White FJ-62
'75 Blue FJ-40

Rex
03-28-2003, 01:28 AM
Hey, welcome ot the board, have you bled them recently? That might be your problem, bleed them from the brake farthest away from the master cylinder first, which would be the right rear in most cases. If it goes to the floor when you stop for a while then it might be a bad master cylinder. Or the rear drums (if it has drums in the back, i'm not real proficient in toy's) might be out of adjustment.

stinger7401
03-28-2003, 01:40 AM
Whatever you do don't listin to anythin REX says! hahaha, no really he's right sounds like you might have air in the lines or better yet have you checked the fluid level? If you need help workin on it or need an expert to hold your hand just PM me. :flipoff2:

Tariqui
03-28-2003, 02:17 AM
are they power brakes or manual cuz my brakes are manual and you have to pump em a little before they work right but idont know its a yodi who knows about that poo

Krawler68
03-28-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by stinger7401
If you need help workin on it or need an expert to hold your hand just PM me. :flipoff2:

Why you gotta be sayin' gay stuff to the newbies? I actually had to go back and make sure that this goldie character wasn' female... you qwur. :rolleyes: :flipoff2:

Doug

Goldie
03-28-2003, 08:57 PM
I've actually been in the club for almost two years, so I know when to listen and when not to...

Doug Krebs
03-28-2003, 10:16 PM
This kinda scares me, my moms family calls her goldie cause the color of her hair when she was young, so could you please change your name please?