PDA

View Full Version : I now have 2 '49 Chevy Trucks

agjeeper
04-16-2003, 08:21 PM
Well, upon trying to get the old ranch pickup running, I stumbled across another almost identical truck in another guys yard in a neighboring town. It has almost all the little stupid parts I need for my truck and a good set of rear springs that I need. Well a few pennies later, I have the title to another 1949 Chevy 3/4 ton truck.

After all is said and done, i will have and extra 4 speed tranny with 7.06:1 first gear (SM420 Andy claims) and an extra full floating 10 bolt rear axle with either 4.57:1 or 5.14:1 gears. I know some of y'all are looking for good stuff like this, so if you want it I will have it in College Station at the end of the summer.

I would like to get both trucks running and bring them home, but I have no way to get them both back. And as much as I want a nice gooseneck, I ain't buying one. So one vehicle becomes parts and the other runs, unless someone wants to drive up to Montana with a gooseneck, hang out for awhile then drive home at the end of the summer. Come on Scott, I know you and few other guys would love to come up. Hell, I'll even pull the loaded trailer on the way home.

Update on the first truck: Someone swapped in a '54 235 ci I-6, so it is not the 216 ci that we originally thought. It should be running soon, just waiting on the right gaskets to show up.

redcagepatrol
04-16-2003, 10:03 PM
me drive to Montana??? You must be crazy - that's what they make planes for...

See you in the summer

BMFScout
04-17-2003, 08:53 AM
AARON!! STOP NOW!! DON'T BUY ANYMORE! This is how it begins my friend, you will soon have a small arsenal of those things, you'll start buying them for no reason other than someone happens to say in passing, "I got this old truck out in the pasture..." Soon you'll have more than you can do anything with, and they will all be pieces of ****, nip it in the bud, just drive the loudass Cummins and be happy with your nice new truck, the possible reprecussions are not worth the risk;)

uglyota
04-20-2003, 09:57 AM
(from an old 4-wheel and off-road magazine)
10. extra parts
9. It wuz a deal
8. shade for the dogs
7. it ain't junk if it's still standing
6. ain't gotta mow that spot
5. topic of marital conversation
4. bubba ain't got one of them
3. got everything I need to fix it
2. get to play with your Willy

1. It'll be worth a bunch when I get through with it.