04-27-2003, 10:44 PM

Chadnutz
04-27-2003, 10:46 PM

Chadnutz

BigRedFord04
should we retitle this thread, "and the carnage award goes too..."

no one hurt. truck still runs, but it was one of the newest and cosmetically attractive ones out there. so it always sucks when someone rolls, but everyone felt bad for chris.

chris - the guys gave me a t-shirt to give to you. I also have a dash plaque for you. I'll bring them to the meeting wednesday.

Hensel

p.s. austin, stop signing-in on my comp.

Chadnutz
04-27-2003, 10:47 PM

Chadnutz
04-27-2003, 10:48 PM

Chadnutz
04-27-2003, 10:49 PM

Chadnutz
04-27-2003, 10:50 PM

Chadnutz
04-27-2003, 10:51 PM

Chadnutz
04-27-2003, 10:52 PM

StevenAg03
04-27-2003, 11:24 PM
man that sux.....but its almost like deja vu.....hey cris...if you need any pointers on where to go from here, im sure scott schubring knows exactly what to do..:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

CRaSHnBuRN
04-28-2003, 07:38 AM
Well the truck is resting nicely back at my parents house. Oh how I wish I was there to see the looks on thier faces. The bed and tailgate are trashed. The cab as you can see is toasted, and the front clip is so dented that we had to use a prybar to open the hood. The only body parts that survived were the doors (not on the truckwhen rolled), the rear glass, and the front plastic grill and headlights. But it was alot of fun. I'm sad to see the truck in this kinda shape, but it opens up all kinds of new possibilities, and finally forces me to go buy a tow rig. I don't think I'll ever get out of debt at this rate.

Hensel, thanks for getting that stuff for me. I'll be there wednesday.

CRaSHnBuRN
04-28-2003, 07:59 AM
Oh yeah, to any one who has a pic of my truck, either pre or post roll, send them too me or make double prints.

Seth
04-28-2003, 10:37 AM
Chris - not even a "please" is everyone your bitch now? hehe

Seth

CRaSHnBuRN
04-28-2003, 10:54 AM
Allright, allright, I'm sorry. Please, if you have pics I really want them. If its a normal camera just tell me what I owe for the set of prints and I'll get you the money. I have relatively few pics left of my truck. Most were lost between computer crashes, and a photo album of mine was stolen along with some other stuff. I actually have only one pic of my truck stock, and since the next incarnation of this truck will probally be a radical departure from what it once was, I really want some kinda photo record.

CRaSHnBuRN
04-28-2003, 10:57 AM
I also want to thank everyone who helped me out this weekend. If anyone of you ever need help just give me a call, and I'll do my best to repay the favor.

Shaggy
04-28-2003, 02:39 PM
man that sucks, i am glad to hear your alright... give us the rundown on what happened... you got good insurance?

Doug Krebs
04-28-2003, 03:31 PM
Yeah he has full coverage and rolled on a gravel road:D

Basically if you can't tell from the pics, he was trying to go up a diagonal ledge and started bouning. He got a bad bounce that threw him like 2ft to the left and that momentum made him roll.

I swear it took him 10 minutes to roll, I have never seen a roll that slow...

Seth
04-28-2003, 04:26 PM
I know what you mean by a slow roll, i have seen one that same way. Kinda wierd as you watch it, wonder what its like on the inside. Not sure which i would rather have

CRaSHnBuRN
04-28-2003, 05:26 PM
Sure didn't seem slow from where I was :D It was really cool to watch from the inside too. All I saw was the world spinning, and the glass shattering, and the roof getting closer to my head. I'm just glad Lissa or Matt Merek's son (Christian?) wasn't in the truck with me when it happened.

Sad part is, I don't know if I'll take the gravel road angle. After doing some research, it seems that after I pay the deductible, I'll only get back at most a grand, which may be insuficient to buy the truck back and have money for a down payment on a old truck for a tow rig. Plus then I have higher insurance costs. My parents are offering to just give me some cash if I don't make the claim. So the lesson here is if you run full coverage, make sure the damn truck is worth enough for it to actually be worth it.

As for what happened, yeah I was having a hard time getting up that ledge. I really couldn't see much of what was in front of me, so I was fully relying on the spotters. The truck got to bouncing, but they kept yelling I was almost there so I kept on it. The truck bounced hard and came down in that hole with the brown dirt in it, and that was it. In retrospect, I should have just winched, but they kept saying I was so close to breaking over, I figured I would give it one more try. But it was fun, and I have big plans for the remains of the truck. Plus it finally forces me to suck it up and buy a tow rig.

Shaggy
04-28-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by LostIt
Sad part is, I don't know if I'll take the gravel road angle. After doing some research, it seems that after I pay the deductible, I'll only get back at most a grand, which may be insuficient to buy the truck back and have money for a down payment on a old truck for a tow rig. Plus then I have higher insurance costs. My parents are offering to just give me some cash if I don't make the claim. So the lesson here is if you run full coverage, make sure the damn truck is worth enough for it to actually be worth it.

If the amount of damage is higher than the value of the truck, what they probably will do is a Total Loss claim. This is where they basically just cut you a check for the value of given truck less the deductable and let you keep your truck. You don't have to buy it back or any of that crap. This is what my insurance company is trying to do to me right now... they are trying to get out of the apprasle value they gave me a year and half ago. i got my mom to call up there today and bitch at them given that she is a way bigger bitch than me, and it looks like we might have to sue for false representation if they dont give me what it appraised at... oh damn i got off topic... this crap has just been a headach, good luck with your insurance company... hope they dont try to butt ram ya like mine is doing me
-all for now
tate

Seth
04-29-2003, 01:53 PM
I was thinking...it seems like we have our fair share of insurance claims and such as a club. So with that in mind, who are you people insured by, and who has treated you well or not? It seems like Scott always faired well, anyone else have any good bad experiences? I might make this a thread if there is any interest.

Shaggy
04-29-2003, 08:52 PM
i have state farm and they were trying to **** with me but they done good and cut me a check today... nice nice:D

redcagepatrol
04-30-2003, 12:46 AM
I was almost threw writing a long post and lost it, here it is abridged.

I regret claiming insurance now but had no choice at the time. I had State Farm for the first two rolls, they dropped me after the second. My truck was valued at $6580 at the time of the roll and I got a check for $4860 after the ded. and salvage value.

Switched to Progressive, didn't tell them the whole truth, was paying $65 a month. Backed into a lady in Houston while interning over X-mas causing $525 worth of damage. Progressive found my other rolls and raised my premiem to $291 a month.

Switched to Farmers. I now pay $120 a month for both trucks using the "'84 Toyota" as my daily driver and Bryan as my home address. Many other companies will not insure me at all, I feel very lucky to be paying what I am paying as the one's who will insure me want at least $250 a month

that's all - wrecks stay on your record for 3 years - that's three years of higher payments...

insurance companies are :rainbow:

Shaggy
04-30-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by redcagepatrol
insurance companies are :rainbow:

word... but i am a little happy... i have a check sittin right here for $3,136.40... too bad they took $1,000 for my deductable out

Chadnutz
04-30-2003, 02:11 AM
I say that the Mazda is my daily driver too, and it costs $900 per 6 months. For you math majors, thats $150/month.

How can they be so dumb? Yours is even worse than mine. I say my 93 is my daily driver and my 96 is my toy. You say your 84 is you dd and your 99 is your toy. WTF?!?!?

redcagepatrol
04-30-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Chadnutz
I say that the Mazda is my daily driver too, and it costs $900 per 6 months. For you math majors, thats $150/month.

How can they be so dumb? Yours is even worse than mine. I say my 93 is my daily driver and my 96 is my toy. You say your 84 is you dd and your 99 is your toy. WTF?!?!?

They know, they just want your business any way they can get it. All of the money comes from the big daddy company anyways...

Broncocustom
04-30-2003, 09:42 AM
Up until last year the 78 bronco was my daily driver and the 99 superduty was my play truck. My agent at state farm new that the bronco just sat in a field.

Tariqui
04-30-2003, 10:32 AM
try having a CJ-5 daily driver that thing is on everyones restricted list for not insuring it. I think progressive is the only company that insures them. why have insurance if they only drop you if have a wreck. I GIVE UP!!

J Cooper
05-02-2003, 11:59 AM
your famous

Chadnutz
05-02-2003, 01:11 PM
We can pretend like the truck was actually rolling in that picture, and not being rolled back over. Where are my royalties?

P.S. Whoever refreshed the server or whatever they did to speed it up....Thanks.

BMFScout
05-02-2003, 02:05 PM
I got my pics back, I guess I was so overwhelmed that it was happening I didn't take a pic of it actually rolling, but I have one of it just before it started to roll, then one of it upside down with Chris still in the driver's seat, and then another of him sitting inside on his roof. Let's not forget the pic of the redneck guy prying his hood open, and of course the one of Jason covered in oil from us clearing out the pistons, see me at the awards deal, I have doubles of everyone that I took a pic of in Mason, including Landon spinning around on Scott's spare tire wearing the 'tard helmet...

CRaSHnBuRN
05-02-2003, 05:05 PM
Sweet!

I'll try to be there at the banquet, but I can't stay long, as I have to work graveyard shift tonight, and then go tommorow home and start butchering the toy.

I definitely want the one of jason getting the oil bath. I still can't believe it did that, and no one seemed to have a pic of it at the meeting.

Chadnutz
05-02-2003, 09:32 PM

CRaSHnBuRN
05-04-2003, 01:39 PM
after pics

CRaSHnBuRN
05-04-2003, 01:40 PM

CRaSHnBuRN
05-04-2003, 01:41 PM

CRaSHnBuRN
05-04-2003, 01:42 PM