PDA

View Full Version : electric fan

Tariqui
04-28-2003, 06:03 PM
well most know i killed my radiator by puting the fan blade in it this past weekend :flipoff2: so i want to go with an electic fan but i dont know anything about them what diameter do i need? what shape strait or s-shape? waht brand is good? what price range? any ideas?? "33's keepin it real"

CRaSHnBuRN
04-28-2003, 06:28 PM
I hear you can get a pretty good one in the junkyard from a ford taurus.

BigRedFord04
04-28-2003, 08:57 PM
electric fans are the shiznit...dont ask nutz though, he hates his b.c. he cant get them to work right. go to ho'reillys and look @ the hayden fans...on the back of the box it rates the fans for the cubic inches of your motor, gives the cfm, etc. mine work great. i have them wired into the ignition switch so they come on automatically when i start the truck. I also have separate switch i can turn them off with for water crossings, listening to the radio, etc.

Rex
04-29-2003, 12:20 AM
here's a pretty good tech article about the taurus fan, they are supposed to be the shiznit:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/taurus/

Krawler68
04-29-2003, 07:11 AM
I have 3 Hayden 3109 fans... I think I'll be ditching them in favor of the Taurus fan when i find one... they seem like a much better fan for MUCH cheaper...

Doug

BMFScout
04-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Mine are dual fans off of a chrysler product of some type. I would drop the cash on the thermostatic switch as well, that way they aren't running when they don't have to be.(future plans for me) I would also get an override switch like Austin mentioned for the water crossings and stuff. The thing I like the most is that the fans are a fixed distance from the radiator, so that the fans can't get into the radiator if a mount is loose, highcenter... Mine kick ass, when the rest of the binder guys are overheating, my 345 is cold, I tried to tell them, but they are slow to take advice from someone half their age. Brandon in fact told me that electric fans would be a big mistake, to each his own I guess. I just like overkill, that is why I have a power steering cooler with a dedicated fan, and a tranny cooler that looks like a honda radiator...

mark
04-29-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by BMFScout
Brandon in fact told me that electric fans would be a big mistake...

Brandon's entire Scout is a big mistake :D

mudtoy67
04-29-2003, 05:44 PM
I'm running a single electric fan from Ho Reilly's.....the Hayden that Austin was talking about. I think I ended up with the biggest one they carry in stock....it's about 15" I think. Works great with my 305.

Tariqui
04-29-2003, 07:54 PM
i called hayden they said that 2 14" fans will be what i need so i think i am going to do that and i need to get my radiator recored money money money thats what it all comes down too

Doug Krebs
04-29-2003, 11:27 PM
Couldn't go to a junkyard and find a similar one for cheaper?? Maybe not a jeep but something else?

Krawler68
04-30-2003, 07:36 AM
dude don't do it... they are expensive... go buy a taurus fan setup... SOOOOO much cooler and easier. and like $12 at a pick-n-pull.

Doug