PDA

View Full Version : New Inspection Stickers as of May 1st

Moose
04-29-2002, 11:15 AM
Just to let everyone know, if you have a POS and you know it prob won't pass emissions testing for at least another year and you want it to be street legal, you better get a $12 inspection sticker before Wednesday. Afterward, you're going to wait in a long line for them to tell you it's going to cost X amount to get it fixed, then pay an upped sticker price.

Just for a reminder, what again are the "guaranteed" places to go to for a sticker. My gf drives an old mustang and is a little nervous.

Thanks,
Joel

robertf03
04-29-2002, 11:26 AM
haven't heard of this, is the 25 year old exemption rule still there?

Broncocustom
04-29-2002, 11:30 AM
I know in Houston and areas that require emmisions testing the cost for inspection is going to $35. The old price was $25.50 except desiels which was still $12.50. I hope the desiel price does not change.

BMFScout
04-29-2002, 01:20 PM
Dixie tire in Bryan, they didn't even pop my hood.

StevenAg03
04-29-2002, 02:21 PM
that is only in certain counties. mine is registered in kaufman county, i will not have any problems registering mine ever...

those counties are: Denton, Tarrant, Dallas, Harris, and i think two more...

bburris
04-29-2002, 04:44 PM
Steven is right, it's mostly the more populated areas around Dallas that are moving to the Houston-like inspection costs.....my vehicles are registered in Bee County - the last inspection on my Jeep involved the guy getting in, driving around the block while the secretary filled out the tag and took my 12.50, the guy coming back and putting the tag on while saying have a nice day

and that was at the reputable shop.....

Seth
04-29-2002, 06:37 PM
The craziest thing I have ever seen is where my dad gets his inspection in louisiana. He goes to the place, and goes in and tell the guy he needs to get the truck inspected. This guy does not even go outside to look at the truck. No honk the horn, check brakes, see if its got wipers.....nothing. He just asks my dad for his info and gives the sticker to my dad....doesnt even stick it on himself. He could lose his licsense if that turned up anywhere. Blew my mind.
Seth

Moose
04-29-2002, 07:25 PM
i let her know

mine's due by may anywho. so,

grassy - a s s

Joel

BigRedFord04
04-29-2002, 09:43 PM
My last inspection the guy had to ask what color my truck was. That was before I had a muffler and also b.c. i worked w/ him :D

robertf03
04-30-2002, 09:51 PM
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/
that about sums it up, they are making sure OBD2 stuff works on 96 and up