PDA

View Full Version : Cj-6?

agjeeper
05-21-2003, 10:55 PM
I gotta buddy who is looking at buying a 1974 CJ-6 from a guy in Arizona. It is still completely stock with the 304 V-8, d30 front and d44 rear. Body is supposed to be in good shape and little to no rust. It is used as a daily driver so it runs good. The guy is asking $4500 for it. Is this too much, or about par for this vehicle. I know 6's aren't real common, so the price doesn't sound bad to me. Thanks for any help guys.

robertf03
05-22-2003, 12:40 AM
Thats a good deal for a cj6 in good shape if it is rust free and runs good. bad things about it are drum brakes all around, and most likely a 3 speed with a dana 20 transfercase. Stout drivetrain, just ****ty crawl ratio (something around 21:1 stock) . If it is a 4 speed its a hell of a deal, jump on it and wheel the piss out of it.

Is he going to keep it stock or is it a project?

agjeeper
05-22-2003, 07:28 PM
This vehicle will be a project, but it will also be a daily driver. I'm trying to talk him into doing alot of stuff, but we will see. And it is the 3speed. What would be a good tranny/transfer case swap? He is thinking atlas transfer case. So what tranny?

robertf03
05-22-2003, 08:13 PM
on a cj6 theres enough wheelbase that just about any transmission will fit. depends on what engine he wants and if its auto or stick

one of those sm420's your carrying around would be nice