PDA

View Full Version : TAMOR headin to CO today

redcagepatrol
05-23-2003, 07:51 AM
A few of us are goin wheeling in CO this weekend - heading out this afternoon, coming back wednesday.

My truck pulling the Patrol and NIcks,
Greg's truck pulling his Jeep and Matt C's

9 total people crammed in two tow rigs / four toys - should be pretty fun. Gonna romp in some snow,

we'll keep ya'll posted

BMFScout
05-23-2003, 02:20 PM
I think this post was kind of like when I got candy when Fred and I were kids and he didn't have any. I would say look Fred, I've got candy, and you don't have none...Then I would dance around until he got all bent out of shape and blew up at me, then I would laugh when he tried to tackle me or hit me, cause he was so much smaller than me. Well, I guess this post isn't exactly like that, but I think it had a nahnny nahnny boo boo in there some where :flipoff2: fawkers...

redcagepatrol
05-23-2003, 02:22 PM
nice analagy...

suckers:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

BMFScout
05-23-2003, 02:33 PM
I hate you, I hope the patrol freezes up in the snow:D :flipoff2:

Krawler68
05-23-2003, 04:34 PM
I turned down a wheeling trip to CO this weekend... decided to cut the EB up again... I'm going to Austin to get Tucker Max... eat that. :flipoff2:

Doug

Shaggy
05-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Jimmy your funny:flipoff2:

robertf03
05-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Krawler68
I turned down a wheeling trip to CO this weekend... decided to cut the EB up again... I'm going to Austin to get Tucker Max... eat that. :flipoff2:

Doug

what is tucker max?

Tariqui
05-23-2003, 10:29 PM
Yeah its like driving down 75 here in plano and seeing 5 rigs in a row pulling jeeps to i assume clayton for this weekends memorial day run. Its like watching all your friends drive by going to a party that you cant go too. :( PUNKS

robertf03
05-23-2003, 10:31 PM
what are you doing in plano this weekend?

BMFScout
05-24-2003, 02:38 AM
Hey Josh, or anyone else for that matter, I am having a fish fry tomorrow for my graduation, if anybody wants to come give me a call and I will give you directions. A Keg and a margarita machine, good times...

Tariqui
05-24-2003, 01:59 PM
oh i would enjoy coming but i am here for my sisters HS graduation so there is lots of family here, brothers that i havent seen in while. SORRY:)

BMFScout
05-28-2003, 12:45 AM
So how was Colorado?

stinger7401
05-29-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by BMFScout

Jimmy just to let you know, its all your fault.........I'll let scott elaborate on the rest due to the fact that its sooo late and we just got in.

Just as a little teaser, this was one faw**n expensive trip:eek:

lissa
05-29-2003, 03:52 AM
uh oh what happened?
dont make me wake your ass up

Shaggy
05-29-2003, 06:58 AM
what a tease... i wanna know. and i know how those expensive trips go... had several of em sucks big salty chocolate balls

redcagepatrol
05-29-2003, 07:58 AM
started off good till I felt my clutch slipping in the Dodge in OK city late friday night as we were pulling into a hotel.

made it to Keystone thru tornados, crazy thunder storms, two truck stopping hail storms, and several mountain passes in CO.

We all hit a trail on the way into Keystone before making it to the house and before it got dark, after trail backed Patrol back on trailer - we slept.

Sunday we pull to trail head, Patrol won't start, computor fried from rain water. It's sunday, tomorrow is Memorial day, closest J-yard is in Denver - I am screwed. We park the Patrol.

Lynda and I ride with everyone else on sunday, monday, and tuesday.

Start driving home tuesday evening, barely make it out of CO before we need sleep. (in KS) Get going at 7:45 wednesday (yesterday) to head home. Clutch starting to slip worse. Won't hold fifth gear - go to 4th and 2600 RPM's holds better there.

Had to feather the go pedal thru all the gears to pick up up speed - really only picked up speed on the down hills but could still hold 75 in 4th and 2600 RPM's once I got there. Clutch getting worse - now slipping in all gears, even first. Some hills came up in OK near the Texas border, couldn't hold fourth, went to third, still slipping. After cresting hills, clutch held good but couldn't use pedel to shift - toast.

Made it with one stop in Denton, started in gear to get going - down to Waco - thru three lights, doing good. Needed Diesel, stopped at station on hwy 6. Had trouble leaving station starting in gear, heard clutch shatter and pieces shreading - but it still held!

Kept on driving, called for backup to pull Gooseneck for me. Was doing good in 5th till about 23 miles outside of Hearne before it just blew up, lost all clamping power, rolled to stop - ball bearings laying in bell-housing - NOT GOOD.

Wendy came with Cody's truck to get trailer, Busa came with James' trailer to get my Dodge (THANKS EVERYONE) Had to use a handy system on straps and pulling to get the Dodge on the trailer (looped under the Dodge to Cody's truck, pulled fron behind)

To recap - Neither of my trucks run, I borrowed Nicks Blazer to get to Houston, got to bed at 3:00am

Typical TAMOR Trip...

redcagepatrol
05-29-2003, 08:42 AM
stuck
more pics here:
http://www.offroadrepublic.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album98
split into 3 albums (one for each day of wheeling)

BMFScout
05-29-2003, 10:58 AM

I just want to apologize Scott, I guess I am a prophecy, or a witch, or something. Whenever I wish ill will upon someone, it comes true, ask Hensel. Looks like it was still a fun time, snow bashing, sweet. I guess an extra computer will be part of the back up parts, or maybe a carb backup :D :flipoff2: that sucks...

Chadnutz
05-29-2003, 11:25 AM
How many miles does the Dodge have?

Someone has to talk trash sooooo

This is why I still to Ford and Mazda over Dodge and Toyota. ;)

Just kidding. I ordered my cam shaft today. It was the first time that the Mazda ever did not start. I've had head gaskets leaking, cracked something, you name it, but it never stopped running until now. 150k or so.

redcagepatrol
05-29-2003, 11:38 AM
odometer reads 91,500 - has more due to the larger tires. It is probably over 100,000

redcagepatrol
05-29-2003, 01:01 PM

I just want to apologize Scott, I guess I am a prophecy, or a witch, or something. Whenever I wish ill will upon someone, it comes true, ask Hensel. Looks like it was still a fun time, snow bashing, sweet. I guess an extra computer will be part of the back up parts, or maybe a carb backup :D :flipoff2: that sucks...

No joke - you are the DEVIL:flipoff2: jinxn everyone

check out the girls...

redcagepatrol
05-29-2003, 01:02 PM
look at Matt go!

redcagepatrol
06-01-2003, 09:56 PM
the Dodge clutch

redcagepatrol
06-01-2003, 10:00 PM
bellhousing and throwout bearing...

StevenAg03
06-01-2003, 11:03 PM
what are you gonna do about it? gotta repace the bellhousing and everything in it? what else?

AgDieseler
06-01-2003, 11:10 PM
Damn! I'm sure that nearly 100,000 miles on the clutch has nothing to do with it.;)

Chadnutz
06-02-2003, 12:00 AM
Mazda got 130k on the clutch and was still fine. I just replaced it cause the motor was already out.

Unless the Ford got a new dual mass flywheel before I got it, then it lasted 145k. The clutch was fine, but the flywheel was falling apart....

stinger7401
06-02-2003, 12:50 AM
To keep taking it off topic, we have a 91 1/2 ton z71 that has pulled many of gooseneck trailers that made it 225,000 miles with the original clutch. I know this for a fact cause I drove it off the lot in K.C. and the only reason that we replaced it is because I was taking my first trip to Colorado and didn't want to chance it pulling the trailer.:flipoff2:

And on Scott's behalf, I have never seen a clutch grenade like his did.

Chadnutz
06-02-2003, 07:31 AM
3.55s + 35s + 1st to start should almost be equivalent to

4.10s + 31s + 2nd to start

I'll take the 35s off your hands though. I wish I had 3.55s....

Maybe the original owner of the Dodge couldn't drive standard well. Maybe he still used 2nd to start after the tires and lift.

redcagepatrol
06-02-2003, 06:09 PM
I am not sure how the previous drivers drove it, just know that I don't ride it at all. From what I have read, the stock clutches are notorious for tearing apart like that with a little extra power. The clutch wasn't worn out, it broke apart from too much torque - couldn't hold all that Cummins power...

I ordered a new 13" SouthBend clutch rated at 450 hp and 1000 ft-lbs (stock is 12.25"). It comes with a new redrilled flywheel and cost me $1125 but it should be the last clutch I will ever buy and it won't slip when I add some more power

The bellhousing is fine, just a little scrapped up - it will clean up nicely

Will have it running this weekend hopefully...:D

fbronco86
06-02-2003, 11:48 PM
yup that is kinda what my clutch did to me at mason. i only have a 11inch clutch but i dont have near the power scott has and i am not pulling that much weight.