PDA

View Full Version : toyota for sale

Tariqui
05-28-2003, 08:27 AM
There is an 85 toyota truck down the road from me here in OK that is for sale. I dont know much about yodas but i have looked at it. It has solid axles, the guy put a remanufactured motor in it 50k ago (a 200 somthing?) so would this be an ok vehicle for my brother to romp around in. just going to school and work stuff like that. Scott and Busa you are toyota guys you got to know

Chadnutz
05-28-2003, 08:34 AM
'85 Toys are the best year to get. It is most likely fuel injected. If so, then it is the 22re, a very popular and reliable motor. The axle has a thicker housing than previous years, and the transfer case is gear driven. Toyota's have tons of aftermarket stuff available. You can expect to pay anywhere between $2-5000 for it depending on condition. If he can afford it and the price is right, I'd go for it.

Shaggy
05-28-2003, 09:48 AM
you mean you can find them for $2 :flipoff2: is is that from $2000-5000:flipoff2:

Tariqui
05-28-2003, 03:55 PM
it does have the 22re in it thats what the guy said he put in. But it is carburated but my little bro is not going to really be wheeling it. I am going to test drive it today and see how it drives. he is wanting 1750 for it. the bed it rusted out pretty good. maybe i can haggle him down to 1500.

CRaSHnBuRN
05-29-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Tariqui
it does have the 22re in it thats what the guy said he put in. But it is carburated but my little bro is not going to really be wheeling it. I am going to test drive it today and see how it drives. he is wanting 1750 for it. the bed it rusted out pretty good. maybe i can haggle him down to 1500.

The 22re is the fuel injected engine. The engine should be a 22r if its carbed, but could be a 20r or some oddball japanese import (low mileage engine pulled from a japanese car and resold here in the states) if it was swapped. Look for a lot of rust on the the inside of the passenger side framerail near the gastank. This is a problem spot. Like nutz said, these trucks 84-85 have more gusseting on the front axle.

Chadnutz
05-29-2003, 08:48 AM
Jon....

Haven't you ever heard of something costing anywhere from two to five thousand. It is an abbreviation if you will.

Now shut up or I'll sell your tubing and inserts to someone else and keep your money.

Shaggy
05-29-2003, 06:05 PM
oh by the way nutz i need that... can i come get it from you some time... and by the way i made that post after i got off work at like 8am and i dont use my brain the whole time so it is hard to start right after:flipoff2:

Chadnutz
05-29-2003, 06:22 PM
Yeah. I'll bring a stick home tomorrow.