PDA

View Full Version : Power Tour

BMFScout
05-31-2003, 07:56 PM
I felt like making a new thread, so power tour coverage will continue here from the summer trips thread, this is going to be an adventure. So Fred found out two days ago he could go, but his rearend was screwed, not enough time to get gears installed. so we decided to put the old 2.73 peg leg drum brake unit back in, and just swap the brakes over, killer gas mileage. well it turns out that the outers are different. SO after some chopping, grinding, and drilling, the discs went on real easy to the drum brake rear, this install happened today, the day we are supposed to leave. well fred is test driving the camaro now, and if it is good we will leave in a half hour or so. We have to make it to shreveport tonight, so we can pull into Jackson tomorrow to catch up with the tour in progress. The st.johns already left with the two cars aforementioned in the summer trips thread, but the mustang barely made it to terell before jettisoning the blower belt. His dad pressed on in the 55, and ryan came back to Plano to change out the belt. If all goes as planned tonight we will all be in shreveport, headed to jasckson. here is a link to the itnerary. wish us luck...

http://www.hotrod.com/2003powertour/113_day_1/

BMFScout
05-31-2003, 08:51 PM
ry couldn't get the belt changed, so we're headed out in the morning, as Johnny Cash says, "I'm going to Jackson, I'm gonna mess around...

BMFScout
06-01-2003, 01:23 AM
Fred's car around 6:30 this evening...

BMFScout
06-01-2003, 01:24 AM
a little "bootyfab" action to get the disc brakes to work on the drum rearend, kustom suckas...

BMFScout
06-09-2003, 12:37 AM
I posted the pics on offroad republic
can't get the link to work, go to www.offroadrepublic.com , then click on my scout, then power tour 2003

Here is a teaser, us looking like we are ready to start some ****...