PDA

View Full Version : Chevy 350 Coolant help

jerryg79
06-05-2003, 08:13 AM
I have a '98 chevrolet truck with a 350. It is gushing coolant down the back of the motor/transmission. I thought it was just the upper radiator hose leaking down the valley between the manifold and the valve cover and then down the back of the motor. But having replaced the hose and still seen the coolant pour out im pretty sure that is not it.

Of course due to all of the **** on the back of the motor I can't see much, but from what I can see there is nothing in view leaking. From underneath I can see the water dripping down the back of the driver's side head and then around the tranny and into my fawking eye!

Any idea what else is back there that could be spewing that much fluid. The heater hoses run on the other side so I'm out of ideas. My buddy has a pressure tester but I won't be able to get over there until this weekend and I was hoping to have it fixed before then.

StevenAg03
06-05-2003, 09:04 AM
those year model trucks are real bad about the intake manifold leaking. my step moms 97 hhad it happen and two guys that have 98's had it happen.

stinger7401
06-05-2003, 11:56 AM
Yep intake leaking, its not a bad job, but remember to replace the heater hose quick connect at the back with a barbed pipe nipple, those damn connection break every time.

fbronco86
06-08-2003, 05:20 PM
yup my dad's 97 GMC did the same thing. but he put some leak stop it in and fixed it. his leak was really really small so that will prob not fix your problem.

JeepsterJayson
06-09-2003, 01:39 AM
yeah i hate those damn hidden leaks. Our delivery truck at Sears POS 98' 350 had the intake leaking. I told them I could do it for $75 but mark the manager wouldn't trust my backyard mach knowledge and opted for the $300 route instead (raditor flush and other worthless shop add ons). The shop guy told me it was pretty popular on the vortec 350.